Hobbies?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M_also_lonely said:
TheSkaFish said:
M_also_lonely said:
1. Making a list of what my hobbies could be if I was motivated enough to do them.
But now I really want to spend some time doing things I like to do, but have no time for that.

Same here.  There are hobbies that I've wanted to do, but I struggle with motivation because I'm afraid I don't have any talent for anything.  Because of that, I'm afraid that I'd never get truly good at anything no matter what I do.  

Then, there's also the fact that there are a lot of activities that I haven't considered yet, and other things that I can't do because of money.

If they are just hobbies then talent doesn't matter. Its what you love to do, nothing else matters.

+1
Hobbies are things you have fun doing, not things you're competing to excel at.

I'm super into cooking/baking nowadays.

Lately I've been really into painting miniatures. It's fun, but surprisingly expensive. Maybe I should have gone with the Faberge egg collection instead.

Lately I am working on my home. I am very excited at how I have been able to get things done with creativity. For instance.. I had flooring installed in my basement and they left me a metal cover for the area where the floor meets the door. It wasn't necessary in my space so later I used that to cover an ugly plaster wall difference between the plaster and the drywall.

I am semi into prepping and also making rugs. I hope to learn to sewing machine.

I love making music videos myself, but only when I get a good idea. I've kinda gotten slack about it in the meantime. I have one great idea, but not the effort to get it done. ****.

As in, when I'm not at work?
Music, video games, movies, and I read...a lot.
Most of my literary interests are non-fiction, however I do enjoy some fictional literature.
I like film, mostly sci-fi and horror, on the rare occasion: fantasy/dark fantasy.
I will attempt to cross-reference and historically correlate some academics to the best of my ability as per putting together potential theories and/or possibilities, though admittedly I mainly do this as a hobby because when I was a kid I was fascinated by the idea of witchcraft and magic and fantasy books and stories and the like. I even still like folklore.

I try to keep my headspace in a way that I am everywhere but where my body is actually standing. ;) . I even go as far as to train myself to do my job to efficient enough standards so that it's based on muscle memory rather than thought, that way I can be at work and working and getting paid to work, but mentally can be somewhere else entirely. :cool:  That's just always been my format for a distraction method from the stresses of life: Be everywhere but where the stress is, even if the stress is exactly where you physically are.

Latest posts

Back