How alone are you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel fortunate to have many close friends and family around, living a great, full life....except romance/love, which has always avoided me, or better yet, I as I read here once, I'm "chronically single" lol. But honestly, I'm okay with that, I've always known I'm not husband/bf material (a way, way below average, scrawny physical specimen and the face only a mother could love on top of that, I'm also poor and hardly charming - it all simply doesn't make for a desirable mate, heh). Weird thing is though, I used to fight it (for decades, I'm 51) but after enough time I just had to accept I'm only cut out for friend material, not husband/bf and learned to be content with that. If you surround yourself with enough great friends you can get by for the most part without romance, at least I have been...I like to tell myself all that relationship stuff is for kids anyway.

I have parents not far from, a kid. Brothers with whom I spesk mostly online. And a few friends.
Not so alone in fact. But sometimes there are weeks, when I don't speak offline to anyone(when my parents take my kid and go traveling somewhere).
And it seems that now I'm as it's ablove "chronically single".

Hmm, I will probably go 6 out of ten.
Friends - yes, best friend lives 900 miles away from me though - two relatively close ones to where I live
Family - super close to my aunts from my mom's side. My mom has passed on, my Dad lives in No. Cal - not real close with him, but it's getting better.
Girlfriend - no - got out of a 4 year toxic relationship, I know many of you guys want a girlfriend/wife so bad, and that's great if you can find one that's right for you - but trust me, better to be alone than to be with the WRONG one.
Spouse - divorced
Kids- no kids - ex wife dumped me and quickly married someone else and had a couple pretty quickly.

I'm very close with my family so I'm very lucky in that regard. But I don't have any friends outside my family and I feel lonely because of that but I hope my awful feeling of loneliness will disappear with time.

iseestars said:
I'm very close with my family so I'm very lucky in that regard. But I don't have any friends outside my family and I feel lonely because of that but I hope my awful feeling of loneliness will disappear with time.

I hope it does for you like it has for me.I was pretty lonely when I started here.I've talked to some good people on here that have helped alot.I haven't made any friendships as such but just talking to people  made me realise I can exist with people outside of extended family and customers and a couple I even graduated to WhatsApp. But unfortunately they didn't last but it's ok, I just realised I just need to make more time for people I know and be grateful for them and of course distraction activities which I really enjoy now and hopefully when the pandemic ends i can do normal stuff again aswell.So it's good to invest in this place through the PM system I haven't met any biters yet :)

^ Give it time.

iu

I joined a site for lonely people and only ended up feeling more lonely for it. So pretty lonely.

Aardra said:
I joined a site for lonely people and only ended up feeling more lonely for it. So pretty lonely.

I may not have agreed with everything she said, but it's sad to join a loneliness site only to find more unacceptance. I've seen it happen before, and have felt that way at times myself. It's a shame.

Just Games said:
iseestars said:

I hope it does for you like it has for me.I was pretty lonely when I started here.I've talked to some good people on here that have helped alot.I haven't made any friendships as such but just talking to people  made me realise I can exist with people outside of extended family and customers and a couple I even graduated to WhatsApp. But unfortunately they didn't last but it's ok, I just realised I just need to make more time for people I know and be grateful for them and of course distraction activities which I really enjoy now and hopefully when the pandemic ends i can do normal stuff again aswell.So it's good to invest in this place through the PM system I haven't met any biters yet :)
I think people on this forum are great and I feel a lot better since I registered on the forum. Feeling lonely is sad and I'm fighting the feeling of sadness with every inch of my heart because I hate being sad. I laugh a lot and smile and joke because it makes me feel better. Some people laugh at my silly jokes and it makes me happy to see people laugh. : )

Regarding the PM thing, I'm using it and it works great. I'm exchanging messages with some people around here and it's awesome. You're all awesome. I feel that I'm slowly but surely healing and soon I will no longer feel pain in my heart. I need a place where I could feel I belong to. But now I realise I belong to the world.  I belong here and everywhere. When I was little I used to feel as if people could read my thoughts. Now I know why I used to feel that way. It's because we're all connected in a way. One day I will no longer feel lonely, one day I will know for sure that I am not alone. There are so many people who know what I'm going through. You are all so precious to me because I am learning everyday something new from your threads and posts. You are helping me in ways I never thought as being possible.

I can identify with that. I used to be on this site. Made some friends and we talked for awhile. Sadly they all seem to have moved on, most from this site, some from what I felt was our friendship. :/

:/
TheSkaFish said:
Aardra said:

I may not have agreed with everything she said, but it's sad to join a loneliness site only to find more unacceptance. I've seen it happen before, and have felt that way at times myself. It's a shame.

MaratheGray said:
I can identify with that. I used to be on this site. Made some friends and we talked for awhile. Sadly they all seem to have moved on, most from this site, some from what I felt was our friendship. :/

I remember you. For what it's worth, I'm sorry if I made you feel that way.

I kind of "imploded", became withdrawn, collapsed inwards. I've been incredibly stressed out this year and didn't really have all that much new and exciting to report to anyone...even my oldest friends...all I've really managed to do for me is start working on my health.

I've just been kinda consumed by my problems and didn't really feel like anyone wanted to hear it...trying to avoid being a downer. Which I know I don't always succeed at.

TheSkaFish said:
MaratheGray said:

I remember you. For what it's worth, I'm sorry if I made you feel that way.

I kind of "imploded", became withdrawn, collapsed inwards. I've been incredibly stressed out this year and didn't really have all that much new and exciting to report to anyone...even my oldest friends...all I've really managed to do for me is start working on my health.

I've just been kinda consumed by my problems and didn't really feel like anyone wanted to hear it...trying to avoid being a downer. Which I know I don't always succeed at.

You didn't really. 2020 is just a year of being withdrawn I guess. I just realized that so many people that were so important in my life several years ago seem to have moved on or not really be close anymore.

I've always sort of as if I don't quite fit into the world, I'm not sure why that is either. I guess because I had some people who haven't accepted who I am as a person or I've been ghosted before, but I try to get by and continue to live my life regardless. I know I have no control over what people do and what their actions are. It hurts deep down, but I always continue to get by no matter what.

WanderingInTheWoods said:
I've always sort of as if I don't quite fit into the world, I'm not sure why that is either. I guess because I had some people who haven't accepted who I am as a person or I've been ghosted before, but I try to get by and continue to live my life regardless. I know I have no control over what people do and what their actions are. It hurts deep down, but I always continue to get by no matter what.

I admire your willingness to keep going. I often get caught up in wishing people would just see from my side. It doesn't always work out.

big hugs for you.

I am alone by design. I am not close to my family even though they are trying to be close to me. I don't have any friends because I don't take initiative and try to make any. So it's all my fault I am as alone as I am.

Latest posts

Back