How can home be worst than school????

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
You go to school seeing everyone with their own group off friends. You see them with their boyfriend and girlfriend. You see them always smiling and laughing, always kissing, hugging, holding hands, and occasionally you hear them having sex because their window is wide open. You see them in the car with their gazillion friends pumping up the music, and singing to it, and you wish you were them with that kind of life. You have to endure the lonely weekend nights, you have to realize that so many events passes you by, and you know dam well tomorrow the cycle repeat itself again.

So why is it that the first day I'm back at home, I really want to buy another ticket back on the bus to school again?

:(that is life, well my life anyway.

You know, Behind every smile and laugh, there is also a longing.
Behind closed doors, often tells another story.
It sounds to me that you realy need to find yourself Chris, somthing to break this circle of needy negative.
Get an intrest or activity that makes you feel good it will help you refocus and worry less about negatives that arent that important and what you feel is lacking.
Even if its just going for a walk, it has to be better for your mind then sat in doors wishing what you dont have would appear in your lap!
(hugs)

Gothmother said:
You know, Behind every smile and laugh, there is also a longing.
Behind closed doors, often tells another story.
It sounds to me that you realy need to find yourself Chris, somthing to break this circle of needy negative.
Get an intrest or activity that makes you feel good it will help you refocus and worry less about negatives that arent that important and what you feel is lacking.
Even if its just going for a walk, it has to be better for your mind then sat in doors wishing what you dont have would appear in your lap!
(hugs)

My sentiments exactly.

Also Chris I think you should take a look at this thread. why I was typing my last post on there you was kinder in my mind

Well, although at school I often felt lonely among the crowd, I always preferred school to summer holidays. I was probably the only weirdo who never liked summer holidays and just wished them to pass quick. Because school meant at least some kind of social life and I'd never been able to make friends outside of an academic environment. My parents, or rather, my father, are also not the kind to go anywhere at all on holiday, so it was always **** boring, just sitting at home.

I second that you need to get yourself an interest Chris. Surely there is something you always thought was cool, interesting and worth trying out, but perhaps you just never had the time or just didn't get around to it. Well, it's never late to start. I always wanted to learn martial arts but I hadn't gotten around to it at school, always making excuses to myself such as not having enough time and that I needed company to go with me. But now I finally did it (better late than never), although I admit it was scary at first. Scary I mean as in new people, new and completely foreign environment, but it's ok, you get used to it and start to feel at ease eventually. I consider it one of the best choices I've made so far. In fact, if not for these classes, it's almost a given that I'd be back in the clutches of depression by now due to the lack of social contact with the outside world. So it really helps you stay afloat, know what I mean.

Silvernight said:
Well, although at school I often felt lonely among the crowd, I always preferred school to summer holidays. I was probably the only weirdo who never liked summer holidays and just wished them to pass quick. Because school meant at least some kind of social life and I'd never been able to make friends outside of an academic environment. My parents, or rather, my father, are also not the kind to go anywhere at all on holiday, so it was always **** boring, just sitting at home.

I second that you need to get yourself an interest Chris. Surely there is something you always thought was cool, interesting and worth trying out, but perhaps you just never had the time or just didn't get around to it. Well, it's never late to start. I always wanted to learn martial arts but I hadn't gotten around to it at school, always making excuses to myself such as not having enough time and that I needed company to go with me. But now I finally did it (better late than never), although I admit it was scary at first. Scary I mean as in new people, new and completely foreign environment, but it's ok, you get used to it and start to feel at ease eventually. I consider it one of the best choices I've made so far. In fact, if not for these classes, it's almost a given that I'd be back in the clutches of depression by now due to the lack of social contact with the outside world. So it really helps you stay afloat, know what I mean.

Thanks Silvernight, helpful as always

I have always wanted to know how to skateboard, but as the year passes by, I figure it gone since I am getting older. It one of those thing I wish I could start on as a kid, but now it too late, same with martial art. Always wanted to do martial art at a young age. I also wanted to be in the boy scout as well. Ignore my grammar, it horrible at times.

I wish my grammar was that horrible haha :p

I was in the boy Scots for a little bit lol Camping was fun I have to admit.

And I have never been able to skateboard. I tried one time but man its a painful thing to learn lol My advice, Stay away from skateboards and keep your limbs where they should be lol

Silvernight said:
Well, although at school I often felt lonely among the crowd, I always preferred school to summer holidays. I was probably the only weirdo who never liked summer holidays and just wished them to pass quick.

I can really relate to that, I prefer being at school than being at home. Even though I am shy and hardly ever talk to anyone at school, I still crave the sense of being near people, watching them, listening to them talk. It makes me feel a bit less lonely when there are people around me. Also, the chances of me getting a friend or talking to someone are far greater if I am at school than if I am at home, so there is always a small ray of hope in my mind when I am at school :)

Chris 2 said:
Silvernight said:

Thanks Silvernight, helpful as always

I have always wanted to know how to skateboard, but as the year passes by, I figure it gone since I am getting older. It one of those thing I wish I could start on as a kid, but now it too late, same with martial art. Always wanted to do martial art at a young age. I also wanted to be in the boy scout as well. Ignore my grammar, it horrible at times.

Eeexcuse me heheh ? :D It's not too late. Chris, I'm older than you (I'll be 26 this coming February), and I've only started martial arts this June. True that many start earlier, often when still at school, but it's not like you're (at 21 right?) already old and weak and unfit for anything? Actually, there was a guy on our website's forum who asked the same question - he was 19 or 20, and he was wondering whether he was not too old to start martial arts, so my instructor asked him "do you consider yourself old already?". We also have a couple of guys in our group who must be over thirty and one of them started at about the same time as me. And there's another one who's definitely much older, must be something towards 50 I think. There are people of different ages here.

Edit: Oh and, talking about martial arts, there are girls in there too, I would know being one of them lol. In lesser proportions than guys but there are always some. Just as good a place for getting to meet them as any. And you may even be partnered with a girl sometimes. I don't know if it's everywhere like this but we don't have separate groups for males and females, which makes sense imho: you have to train to defend yourself against anyone - man or woman.

the worst is, chris, imo, when you litterally dont know anyone in your hometown, and you live at home and go to a college near by. all alone...

SighX99 said:
the worst is, chris, imo, when you litterally dont know anyone in your hometown, and you live at home and go to a college near by. all alone...

I'm so sorry Sigh, I didn't realize it was that tough for you. I wish I could help, you seem like a nice guy, but I can't even help myself in the first place.

Latest posts

Back