How can I get to places in my life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woz

Reaction score
Recently I've been wanting to get out of here. I want to have a break from this way of life, as since i was a kid i've always thought of "living off the land" as a better way of life. I'd like to be working for the things i need, rather than for money for the things i need from other, sometimes unreliable, people.

Ethiopia (for historical studies) and Jamaica are where I'd like to go, ad my question is; regardless of money, how could I possibly travel to these places and live for a year or so? Could i ever step off a plane and go to a place where I can construct a home and live like this?

You would need to research the country's entry and resident requirements and research the laws regarding foreigners owning property in that country. I don't know what your nationality is.

You would be better off just finding a good volunteer program to introduce you to the country and then you can better determine if it's a place you'd like to try to stay in.

Join the Peace Corp for a while. Seriously. It would give you a chance to help others, you would be able to live off the land, you could help small communities help rebuild their villages, you would have a choice of where you want to go, as the peace Corp would be willing to work with you. Go do that for a year or so. It will also give you a chance to see some other parts of the world, and if it turns out to be an environment you like, then you can always return, or if you learn to really like the Peace Corp, you could have a chance of doing that for quite a while and making a huge difference.

One thing is for sure, you would be motivated, occupied, and never really lonely. You'd be helping people and rebuilding your own life as you help them rebuild theirs.

Joining the Peace Corps is a good suggestion. Or if you're European, the European Voluntary Service.

I'm white and British. I forgot to say that I want to help others. I would absolutely love to do this. Thanks for the help so far guys.

If you'd like to know why I want to travel to these places please PM me, it's unite controversial i think.

Lol. It's hard enough for people to build a house in Britain, let alone in undeveloped countries.

I advise you to go live there at least for a year so you can understand how fortunate you are.

perfanoff said:
Lol. It's hard enough for people to build a house in Britain, let alone in undeveloped countries.

I advise you to go live there at least for a year so you can understand how fortunate you are.

That's sort of what I plan to do. Thing is, I know I'm fortunate and i know there's people who aren't as fortunate. I wanna get involved with the less fortunate.

Come join me on the WWOOF program in Nepal early 2013 - I am going for 6 months and am just paying for my 550 quid plane ticket then 450 quid for visa/tobacco and to last the rest of the time, working on a Himalayan farm for accommodation and food.

It's easily the best and cheapest way to get out of the UK mate. I can't stand the UK even though it's where I am from.

Think about it - drop me a PM or email me at [email protected] if you want to know more.

It's the first time I will be going to Nepal in my life - and i just know it's going to be great. Peaceful and great. - Hell... I might even get the chance to see Everest!

Come with me - would be good to go on the trip with someone who equally hates this life in the UK

box head said:
Come join me on the WWOOF program in Nepal early 2013 - I am going for 6 months and am just paying for my 550 quid plane ticket then 450 quid for visa/tobacco and to last the rest of the time, working on a Himalayan farm for accommodation and food.

It's easily the best and cheapest way to get out of the UK mate. I can't stand the UK even though it's where I am from.

Think about it - drop me a PM or email me at [email protected] if you want to know more.

It's the first time I will be going to Nepal in my life - and i just know it's going to be great. Peaceful and great. - Hell... I might even get the chance to see Everest!

Come with me - would be good to go on the trip with someone who equally hates this life in the UK

No thanks.

Latest posts

Back