How do I Appear approachable to guys (so that they speak to me )?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Enchantress

Ok I know the title couldn't have been lamer but I have a weird Social problem.I do not know what's the problem with me.I don't think there's anything unusual about me in a way that would make guys back off or decide against talking to me.But I feel like many (90% actually) of guys are either shy of speaking to me and I sense it or simply avoid talking to me if possible?? not sure. I know I'm good-looking,not to sound conceited but I want to make this as clear as possible.(btw I'm a 15 year old girl).So I really cant find a reason for this =S ?? I used to be shy when I was a kid but now I'm not shy anymore at all,besides I changed school this year so people couldnt probably think im too shy and not speak to me.I mean,I see alot of guys and I can tell that they like me.Like when I catch someone staring or just always randomly appearing infront of me too many times but they never take the first step and talk to me?? This has been going on forever now and I REALLY want somebody to diagnose this and find me a cure!! I mean like Im a nice girl,the whole problem is getting somebody to speak to me the first couple of times,then when they get to know me its better.like I mean why do guys easily take to girls who are soo extra loud and confident and make themselves noticed? This sounds weird maybe trivial but you know at that stage of our lives thats what we teenagers do? we hang out ? we like to have guy friends?
I have alot of girl friends,thats not a problem at all to me.
Help??

Do you smile at them?

It's hard for me to talk to a girl period, but I put the thought out of my mind completely if I can't get a smile back.

Maybe wave a little. That would probably help. Just a little wave of the hand. I'd probably feel a lot more at ease if I got a smile *and* a little wave.

The most probable reason that I can come up with is that those guys lack the confidence to approach you because maybe you are really cute, since you seem to have good reason to believe that they do find you attractive. Sometimes guys can think "this girl's too good for me" and don't want to even bother trying. I don't know lol, it's 15 year olds or so I'm assuming so it might be something else too, I don't really remember what 15 year old feels like.

What you could do is strike up a convo sometime with one of your girl friends, and ask them if they find it weird that you don't have a bf yet. If you have really close friends who you are comfortable to talk about this kind of stuff with, I'd say that's a good place to start, find out truthfully if they think you have anything that would make guys distance themselves from you.

Cless said:
The most probable reason that I can come up with is that those guys lack the confidence to approach you because maybe you are really cute, since you seem to have good reason to believe that they do find you attractive. Sometimes guys can think "this girl's too good for me" and don't want to even bother trying. I don't know lol, it's 15 year olds or so I'm assuming so it might be something else too, I don't really remember what 15 year old feels like.

I see many women that I like the look of.

I guess I don't do anything about it because it is just easier. I don't know anything about them, they could already have a partner?

I think that it will be a 2way attraction when I meet someone. But thinking about it now, if I saw a girl who was looking at me then I would be keen to go have a chat. And if they seemed my type ask for a date or something along the lines.

I guess women would have the same problem. Single, see cute guys, but don't do anything about it. Just keep it as a mental thought. Do not show any physical signs.

I think alot of guys would approach a women way more comfortably if the girls where showing more physical "thoughts" towards guys.

I bet a high percentage of the girls I see and I like, would be single. Just stop them in the street and say you look cute! I think most of them would be like WTF and run away. Just need a good icebreaker ;|

Hmmm..............

Anyway I am thinking about slipping my number to a young lady at the front desk of the Orthodontist I go to. Looks my type, but I know honeysuckle about her. So when I go in there next month I am going to strike a convo about what she has planned for the weekend, in front of everyone else in the office. I bet something like that hasn't happened in there before. I don't think it's a common thing a guy would do. Any way if she seems good then after I have been in for my adjustments I'll slip her my number as I leave, with a message on it.

OMG freaky honeysuckle, but whats the worst that can happen... ? Not much I guess. Got to try, the only way your going to find out!!! :D

well in my case a simple hello and a smile would suffice. Eventually strike up a convo on some generic topic.

My best advise would be to just take the first step with the guys. There is nothing wrong with the girl taking the lead, and most guys should be easier to talk to once the ice is broken.

Thanks Guys for the advice =P I'll try the smile at them thingy .I mean,I always smile back at anybody who smiles at me ,however many times he does it lol but I do not smile at guys who look at me and dont smile.cause they are like looking at me but not smiling so why would I ?But I will try this.And yes I agree that the hardest part is breaking the ice between u and someone you don't know at all.It would be weird if I just walk up to a guy and strike a convo right? hehe well that would be a total giveaway =o well,not that I mind but I always want to know the person before I make my feelings towards him clear.
Weird thing is ,I always run into 2 types of guys.Either ones who are interested in me and too confident and I am not interested cause I know they never stay with one person for long(theres a guy with me in class who comes sits infront of me then starts stretching like crazy with his arms and back till he's like sitting on my desk o_O ) or guys who I like and like me back but are too shy to even look me in the eye when I speak to them.
There's this one half-swedish guy I know at school (Alex)who is soo shy.Seems to look at everything but my eyes when i speak to him.Well,yesterday in the bus he had his bag up on the shelf of the bus u know that shelf for bags in buses?and the driver pushed the brakes a little too fast so the bag fell and it touched me when it fell and he was God,soo embarrassed his face was bright red and all his neck and ears I don't know why??
I noticed that he is so much more easier to deal with when he's in his element(skating) then he has much more confidence and u can see that he has a very friendly character and also he's much more confident when I am sitting quietly or alone.Like 2day I was sitting quietly listening to my ipod I was surprised he came over to my bus seat and told me you look tired lol and then we spoke for a while.
What got me talking to him in the first place was when I heard him speaking swedish on his cell phone so I was interested cause it sounded close to german and then i found out he was half swedish and Im half german and we started talking to each other everyday alittle.
Does anybody know how can u bring a shy guy out of his shell ?? I mean he's a genuinely nice guy beside his being so cute.He should know that and have more confidence in himself.

Just keep talking to him and be patient. Speaking as a shy guy, that's what would eventually get me 'out of my shell'. It might take a while before he realizes you're comfortable around him and that you have more than just a passing interest.

As a last resort, you might have to ask him out if you're thinking you really like him, or ask him if he likes being around you.

Yea,that's what I'm going to do.I'll try and be friends with him first.I think that he doesn't yet realize that I'm trying to be his friend or atleast know him more ^^ Well,that is gonna take some time but I can wait =] .I'll let you know what happens xD

Yea just give him small hints that you like his company. Then his confidence will grow.

You could always take the first step. If you have interpreted this all correctly then it means that you are probably stunningly beautiful and every guy out there is thinking that you are out of his league. Try to spend more time with this swedish dude. Suggest "friendly meetings" (movies, lunch with some friends(Mix it up with some guys or it will make him feel cornered :p, best friends boyfriend. Someone he knows what be going for you)). Tell one of your friends you like him and tell her to tell one of his friends. Guys love it when they think they have connections and find out that the girl they are crushin are returning the feelings. Sounds like you are perfectly capable of handling this by yourself. If he does start asking you wait to smile till the very end. I personally can't think around my crush and when she smiles it becomes worse. Good luck! :)

Latest posts

Back