How do I know if she likes me or not?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red914

Reaction score
Hey there, everyone!
So, earlier on today, I hung out with this woman who works in the same department as me. I kind of want to go out with her, but I don't know if it would be a good idea to pursue that right now.

We've hung out a couple of times, but only in a group with others from our department. One of the reasons I don't want to pursue it further right now is because I don't want to make things awkward in our group. These meet-ups we have are for official organization meeting purposes as well as hanging out for drinks and appetizers.

We have a lot of fun. It's the most social I've been in the past few years.

But, at any rate, I have a feeling she could like me, too -- but another part of me thinks I'm reading too much into it. I've done that many, MANY times in the past. Heck, I've asked girls out as politely and innocently as I could, and some of them I never saw again. I'm terrible when it comes to this sort of thing.

I do plan to ask her out at some point, when it's the right moment. My question is, are there any signs that she likes me too? Or at least that she wouldn't mind a casual date to try things out?

For example, there was one point we made eye contact for longer than a few seconds, which I think may be a good sign. But then, when I said goodbye to my group and had to go, I shook everyone's hand, and she didn't look at me when she shook it. I've heard that's a very bad sign.

Any advice here? Should I even bother? Is there a possibility she could like me back? Are there ways to tell from her body language? I'm horrible at reading those signs. Thanks!

It's possible she likes you. I would tread carefully with a relationship with someone at work though. If things go south, work could become hell.
Maybe cultivate a friendship and if either one of you move on to another job, try to pursue a relationship then.

-Teresa

Frankly I agree with Sofia, Its fairly rare dating someone at your workplace actually works out. If it ends up going bad it could be viewed as unprofessional, resulting in you losing your job.

But if that doesn't matter just go for it, keep being friendly and she will make it obvious.

Here are some signs:

•Being extra nice to you

•Smiling often

•Keeps walking by or running into you

•Copying your body movements

•Giggling when you’re talking to her or around you

•Making an extra effort to listen to you

•Going out of her way to have a conversation with you

•Touching you lightly on the arm

Red914 said:
Hey there, everyone!
So, earlier on today, I hung out with this woman who works in the same department as me. I kind of want to go out with her, but I don't know if it would be a good idea to pursue that right now.

We've hung out a couple of times, but only in a group with others from our department. One of the reasons I don't want to pursue it further right now is because I don't want to make things awkward in our group. These meet-ups we have are for official organization meeting purposes as well as hanging out for drinks and appetizers.

We have a lot of fun. It's the most social I've been in the past few years.

But, at any rate, I have a feeling she could like me, too -- but another part of me thinks I'm reading too much into it. I've done that many, MANY times in the past. Heck, I've asked girls out as politely and innocently as I could, and some of them I never saw again. I'm terrible when it comes to this sort of thing.

I do plan to ask her out at some point, when it's the right moment. My question is, are there any signs that she likes me too? Or at least that she wouldn't mind a casual date to try things out?

For example, there was one point we made eye contact for longer than a few seconds, which I think may be a good sign. But then, when I said goodbye to my group and had to go, I shook everyone's hand, and she didn't look at me when she shook it. I've heard that's a very bad sign.

Any advice here? Should I even bother? Is there a possibility she could like me back? Are there ways to tell from her body language? I'm horrible at reading those signs. Thanks!

You can go mad wondering if a woman likes you or not. Just ask her. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. So what if you work with her ? Other people don't seem to bother. Do it quickly though, don't make it more than what it is. And remember you are not doing anything wrong !

I'm not a woman so I guess I can't say for sure... That being said, here are list of what I've heard & some through experiences that girls have shown interest... I also included some of the things it may mean other than her really liking you... Feel free to correct me or prove other wise...

(1) More often that not, a girl tend to lean in or get close to you while having a conversation... But then it might be a noisy environment or she might be hard of hearing...
(2) Frequent physical contact... Not in a creepy or weird way... But she might put her hand on your arm or shoulder while laughing, nudging you with her shoulder while kidding around, putting her hand on your back or your waist while walking next to you, etc, etc... It's also possible that she's just a very physical person or touchy person & does it with everybody...
(3) She doesn't break eye contact while you're talking to her or shows genuine interest in what you're saying... Or she might think it's rude for her to just let her eyes wander around while you're trying to have a conversation so she's just trying to be polite...
(4) She gives silly reasons to be with you, around you and/or talk to you... I once had a girl call me up & tell me, "I was at a diner & eating eggs... All of sudden, it reminded me of how you held your fork funny... Figured I'd call ya & tell you that...!!!" I couldn't stop laughing... but then again, she might just have a silly personality & she likes you as a friend & wants to share funny stuff with you...
(5) She makes extra efforts to look her best around you or when she knows you're gonna be part of the group she's hanging out for the night... You can tell she made an effort by how her friends react... They'll probably say something like, "Well, you look especially good tonight... Who're you trying to impress?" or "We don't see you dress like that often...!!! What's the occasion?" or something along that line... But then, it may have been a while since the last time she hung out in a group & she just felt like dressing up...

There are other signs but the point I'm trying to make here is, you really never know for sure until you talk to her directly about how you feel & ask her directly how she feels... And when I say "directly", I don't mean saying something like, "Well...!!! I really like you... Do you like me?"... You know her & you know your own personality... You'll figure out a way to be as direct as possible without coming across rude or being weird or creepy... If you have seen any of these signs along with other possible signs, or any combination there of, then it's worth it to just ask her...

Your answer is probably somewhere in this guide on women:

woman_instruction_manual.jpg

Latest posts

Back