How do I start a romantic relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SighX99

Reaction score
Sigh.... every year before and during valentine's day, i always make a promise to myself to try and ask some girl out. Nothing ever works out. I have some girl friends, but can't make them girlfriends... because I don't know how to get a girlfriend.

Someone give me some tips on how to start a romantic relationship with a girl...

a girl that I see from time to time in my classes. That I've had some pleasant conversation with. Please help me, what should I say? how should I act?

girls, what happens if a guy that u've just talked to from time to time in a class all of a sudden asks u out for lunch or a straight up date, would you think he's creepy?

please help and thanks for reading.

and give me some tips on what I should do after the initial lunch/date. thanks

There is no answer to this. There is no way to specifically "get a girlfriend."

If there was, there would be a lot less male virgins with no romantic experience in the world.

On valentines day go to craigslist and look at the personals of all the lonely women. Make an ad about you being a lonely guy. Then email them your ad. Then go on dates. :)

kamya said:
On valentines day go to craigslist and look at the personals of all the lonely women. Make an ad about you being a lonely guy. Then email them your ad. Then go on dates. :)

For the record, this works great for women, but not for men.

For example, I once, back when I was turning 25, was panicking over being a 25 year old virgin. So I made a craigslist ad, offering up my virginity. I also specified that I was straight and was looking for a girl.

My email was bombarded by gay guys who were looking to pop my cherry. Freaked me the hell out, and I deleted the ad, and changed my email, lol!

Maybe it's just in my area, but there are A LOT of freaks and weirdos in my city, and I would be fearful of my life if I did what you suggested.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

If there was, there would be a lot less male virgins with no romantic experience in the world.

Wow....thats really fuckin helpful. U know it'd be better for you to not say anything if u have nothing constructive to say.

This site has changed. It used to be a site where people tried their best to help each other. Now its just full of pricks like you. I am fuckin out. Peace

Edit: also have u ever posted a personal ad on craigslist? If you have, you'd know that when you posted a personal ad you choose category for your ad. Such as men looking for women, women looking for men, men looking for men.

So either you are lying about your CL experience or you posted a personal ad in the " men looking for men" section, which would make u a homo

SighX99 said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Wow....thats really fuckin helpful. U know it'd be better for you to not say anything if u have nothing constructive to say.

This site has changed. It used to be a site where people tried their best to help each other. Now its just full of pricks like you. I am fuckin out. Peace

Edit: also have u ever posted a personal ad on craigslist? If you have, you'd know that when you posted a personal ad you choose category for your ad. Such as men looking for women, women looking for men, men looking for men.

So either you are lying about your CL experience or you posted a personal ad in the " men looking for men" section, which would make u a homo

Maybe you can't get romantically involved because if you get rejected (don't get what you want), you'll get angry and have a hissy fit.

I know I probably shouldn't be responding to someone who just called me a bunch of names, but I feel bad for projecting my own honeysuckle onto you, so here goes with advice.

Are you on a dating site right now? Online dating is a great way to meet women. Yes, the odds are stacked against men, but you would really be surprised on what you might find.

As far as your questions go, no a girl won't find a guy creepy for just asking her out. She might be not attracted to you, in which case she'll reject your advances...but she won't think you're a creep.

As far as what to do or say...beats me, man. I guess introduce yourself, talk to her for a bit, see if you can get together later...then invite her to an event you're going to? If she says no, then you'll know where you stand.

I am sorry for the stuff above this; again, I was projecting (psychology term) my own misery onto you, and for that I apologize. I am not a prick, I am just ******* depressed right now, and want to lose my virginity.

passage said:
Maybe you can't get romantically involved because if you get rejected (don't get what you want), you'll get angry and have a hissy fit.

That can be said for a lot of people, Passage, and not just for being with someone romantically. They act like little kids, then wonder why no one wants to bother with them.

Theres plenty of books on the market with suggestions or tips for romance.
Theres plenty of informations on the web of how to get women and fresia the living honeysuckle
out of them right too.

BTW..if any of the dudes on here ever manage to get enough balls to ask a chick out
and actaully be with her during valentines....
Do not...I say do not bring the mother fucken roses and balloon home...
Have them deliver to her work...by whatever means. $100
If you get luckie....shell ask you to go shoping with her at victoria secrests.
You pay $150 for a piece of string of course.
Then dinner another $100.
Then maybe some dancing...it depends dancing under the moon light works from me.
My women is an excellent dancer. She can dance to sound of my heart beat.

but hey WTF do I know about romance.lmao

SighX99 said:
Sigh.... every year before and during valentine's day, i always make a promise to myself to try and ask some girl out. Nothing ever works out. I have some girl friends, but can't make them girlfriends... because I don't know how to get a girlfriend.

Someone give me some tips on how to start a romantic relationship with a girl...

a girl that I see from time to time in my classes. That I've had some pleasant conversation with. Please help me, what should I say? how should I act?

girls, what happens if a guy that u've just talked to from time to time in a class all of a sudden asks u out for lunch or a straight up date, would you think he's creepy?

Why in the hell would you get worked up over a HallMark Holiday? I'm serious guys- anybody who buys into this honeysuckle has "sucker" wrote all over them. Cards with trite messages, over priced flowers, tasteless "V-day" meals, and some misplaced pathetic thought that you're going to come up with expensive bling! Any woman who has the expectation that you are stupid enough to buy into this messed up after X-mas "celebration" isn't the brightest of Gods creations.

K girls, let me have it! :p

yeah...but if you dont do...you dont get.
Then shell kick your ass out of bed instead of the dog.lol
Plus youll have to share your food with the dog. The dog eats first before you, of course.
Then shell tell you....the red headed monster arrived 2 weeks early.
Then shell drive on the flat tire for 10 miles to fresia up the rims.
and of course...your mother fucken socks will be mismacth for a fucken year.
Once in a blue when you go out for the money paper. the mother fucken front door
will mysterious lock. Youre in your jammies looking like a jackass of course and its cold outside.
Last but not least....the fucken tiolet bowl looks cleaner than usual...but your tooth bush looks more worn out.

And for the first time in your life youll actaully
Ne greatfuk that all the AA batteries are gone....
Cuase you wernt doing your job.

SighX99 said:

It should really be easy.

If you like the look of a woman, ask them for a coffee / meal / drink or whatever. If they say 'no' - move on to the next one.

Problems occur if you get loads of 'no' s in a row. It dents your confidence and you doubt yourself. You need a very thick skin. You need to forget about the rejections straight away.

Also don't spend weeks or months waiting to a ask a woman out. Just do it and get it over with and if she says 'no' then don't think she will change her mind. Move on.

I didn't follow any of these rules by the way. That's why I'm 43 and single. (making progress this year though :))

Valentine's Day is overrated. I agree that nobody should get worked up over it.

Putter has some good advice, though.

Lonely in BC said:
Why in the hell would you get worked up over a HallMark Holiday? I'm serious guys- anybody who buys into this honeysuckle has "sucker" wrote all over them. Cards with trite messages, over priced flowers, tasteless "V-day" meals, and some misplaced pathetic thought that you're going to come up with expensive bling! Any woman who has the expectation that you are stupid enough to buy into this messed up after X-mas "celebration" isn't the brightest of Gods creations.

K girls, let me have it! :p

I agree. I've never been into Valentine's day, except when I was little and knew I was going to get candy. And I tell people I don't really care for it. But last week, my dude asked me what I wanted for Valentine's. It shocked me because I know he dislikes every holiday, but I also know he thought about what would be nice for me. I don't want anything, although he tried for hours to guess what I wanted. But, really, it's the thought that counted, and not so much the over-priced chocolates and bears and cards and whatnot.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Valentine's Day is overrated. I agree that nobody should get worked up over it.

Putter has some good advice, though.

Valentines day is a load of bollocks.

I've had one card, 14 years ago. I was obsessed with who sent it, even asked this lass at work. She wasn't impressed. Never did find out who sent it. Never had one since.

Not everyone is the same.
Never had to wait until valentine to sent fkowers.
Nevered needed a reason to tell her i love her everyday.
Nevered scare to fall in love with her on any day.

DreamerDeceiver said:
You don't start one- let it occur on its own course.

This!

Sort of, anyway.

The best way to become desperate, angry and unfulfilled is to start looking at every interaction with girls as "OMGZZ NEED GIRLFRIEND". It's a gigantic turn off.

Just relax, work on getting your physique exactly where you want it (if it isn't already) and be friendly to ladies in general. Sooner or later one is bound to like you in a romantic fashion - but you cannot really force such an interaction.

The problem I find is that when girls show an interest in you, but there is something holding you back from pursuing them. That's where my advice sort of ends, because I find that quite an insurmountable problem. It's why I'll be dining alone on V-Day this year, as always! :p

(And Valentine's Day is, as Putter said, a load of crap. Just let it pass by, treat yourself, and try your hardest to ignore all the smugness).

Latest posts

Back