how do people find friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budsalinger

Reaction score
I don't mean internet chatting friends. i mean real people and real contact in the real world. Lonliness is crushing what's left of my charred and smoldering soul. I miss having friends. I really miss having someone to come home to or to wait for to come home.

I'm not here looking for a hookup. I NEED FRIEND(S). Guys or girls I don't care.

Does anyone on this board feel the same and live in or near New York City? I live in Fort Lee NJ just outside NYC.

Is it wrong of me to reach out like this on this forum? Is it possible there's a spot on this forum for this and I'm too blind to have seen?

I'm:
Male
straight
play guitar & sing
lately I am constantly listening to Fleet Foxes.

anyway, I'm not expecting any positive responses here, but what the heck? I've nothing to lose.

budsalinger

hey bud... i'm not super close... but not super far away from NYC.... I'm in Boston.... 32, female... and i do not sing or play guitar... but i like listening to those that do! :p PM if you feel like chatting.... :)

In the world of hitechnology every thing is surrounded by us. The thing is to just check it or to make a effeort to get something. There are number of social sites available there but the main thing is it is limited to the internet. In real our nearby we can get friends by our self. I mean by the magic of our nature can make the other person to attract to our side. Some has this kind of stuff by god gifted in them.

"got to believe in magic, tell me how two people find each other" lol. kidding aside, whether we are loner, misfits, introverts or the counterparts, we're all social animals, so they say. Making friends is natural to us and everyone shares similarities with at least 1 person so to be able to communicate with another person is not impossible. I think we just have to be open and just go with the flow. People are nice, you just have to bring out their niceness in them, if they aren't, well let them suck their own fist. And that thoughts that lurk your mind and bash you til you succumb to self inferiority, like 'does this person is annoyed by me or just being nice and not telling', 'or I look like a total jerk trying hard to fit in', or 'im such a poser, i know i don't belong here' or 'they're so cool unlike me' set that aside. Think of happy thoughts, be a friend to yourself first and smile, you'll surely get a friend. lol. hope this help.

I don't think there is anything wrong with reaching out budsalinger. Good for you for posting. I am in the same situation...after a 23 year relationship, the ex leaving after having an affair, I now find myself feeling lonely. I feel that it is time to start the search for friends but its not as easy as I thought it would be as I am faced with social anxiety that makes me feel slightly scared about meeting people.
Saying that, had I been living in New York I would have definitely been up for a coffee. I guess its easier if you know that the person you are meeting has the same issues...ie feeling lonely/wanting friends.

I hope you find some really good friends to share your time with...I am sure you will. :eek:)

Latest posts

Back