How do YOU ask someone on a date?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dancer

Reaction score
Let's talk a little about how best to ask someone out on a date.

I know we're all working on improving how we interact with other people, and when we want to take a relationship to the next level ie. dating, I think timing is really important.

When it comes to me, I never ask a women out when I'm not confident that she'll say yes. Does that mean every time I do ask, she says yes? No way Jose!

I get it wrong sometimes, but it is important to take a measure of how the other person feels about you before you go for it, because you only get one chance. If she says no to a date, not only does it sting a little, but you're not likely to ask her again for a long time.

So, how do you let someone you like know that you're interested in dating?

Dancer said:
Let's talk a little about how best to ask someone out on a date.

So, how do you let someone you like know that you're interested in dating?

I'm not the one to answer this question. The last time I asked a guy to go out with me, he didn't respond. :D I guess I didnt do right. :p

OK, but seriously....
I can't say that I actually know how to ask a man "out."
However, I've found that if I show interest, in general, it seems to serve as a good indicator that I'm open to the idea, should he be interested in asking. Im not sure (as Im not a man) if that always works, but I'd be willing to bet that, if a woman seems to exhibit an interest, it would give the guy the courage (or whatever he needs) to ask her out.
Sorry... :p I guess I didn't really answer the question.

Snapping my fingers and gesturing to the car seems to be a real winner, fills my social calendar right up.

"U-uh... You want to go out out to a movie sometime... like... a date?"

My track record hasn't improved much since high school, sadly. It's hard to be straightforward without feeling awkward.

We never really used to 'date' when I was younger; we'd just go out in a group and relationships would just naturally build off that. My wife I met playing an online game over 15 years ago, so again, that just built up naturally with no actual dating involved.

The only time I remember actually asking a girl out in the traditional sense was when I was in my mid-teens and I remember being egged on by my friends and them all singing the 'Brave Sir Robin' song from 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' when I chickened out. I wasn't about to be called a chicken, so I went and asked her out and I remember it being extremely awkward, but hey, she said yes. I think it lasted all of about 6 weeks, but it seemed like ages at the time.

Latest posts

Back