How do you cope with the lonely days?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasmin

Reaction score
I was just wondering how you guys cope with the lonely days. The ones where you feel so down and alone you can't see any hope.

I'm having one today, walked the dogs and did minimum housework. Working tomorow, sadly work is also my social life. Horrible feeling.

scotsgirl said:
I'm having one today, walked the dogs and did minimum housework. Working tomorow, sadly work is also my social life. Horrible feeling.

... creepy, did the exact same thing today... hmmmm...

Depends how i feel though, what kind of lonely it is, love lonely, friend lonely, sex lonely or chocolate lonely... either way it usually ends up horribly! (unless its chocolate lonely then its bring on the cadburys!!)

Friends lonely. I have a fear that work is going to be my social life. Which is terrifying as I work with under 5s.

jasmin said:
Friends lonely. I have a fear that work is going to be my social life. Which is terrifying as I work with under 5s.

oh dear, well, atleast they talk. I sometimes fear i'm going to become crazy dog lady of the neihbourhood, i find myself talking to them more often lately!

I work with 5s and under too and the weekends are the worst part of my week, I have no friends or nothing to do it's driving me crazy. I look forward to work now because it's the only time I get to talk to people.

Music. For sad days I especially like soundtracks from old movies. Right now I'm listening to the theme of 'My Name is Nobody', a slightly melancholic spaghetti western with Henry Fonda and Terence Hill...

I read a lot of self help books, listen to alot of mp3 programs, write in work book or journal.
There's alot of coping skills. It's been helping me a lot.

I don't experice those days alot anymore...but I did for a while 6 months ago.

I still get attacks every so often...They last around 5 mins..so I just have to chill out
or take a time out to gahter myself..or work my program during those moments.

I've stablished some sort of support net work. People to call when it gets really bad.
I attend my support group meetings regularly....this keeps me out of isolations.

Sometimes I still anxities attacks...no one answer the phone.
I just go outside and sit in my garden...look at the flowers, touch it and smell it.
I'll listen to the birds sing or feel the cool breeze carelessing my skin.
Something...something that will remind me there's still beauty in life inspite of everything.

Sometime I'll take a bike ride to my favorite tree. It's a safe place for me to go.
It's like my little santuary. There's a bridge, a pond and a water fall near by.
It's out in open space...a change of enviorment (to clear my thinking)
Sometimes I'll just sit there and cry if have to....whatever how long it takes for me to clam down
or feel a little bit better. It sort of like a meditation process.
Sometimes I'll only be there for 15 mins. Other times for hours. It depends.

I don't fight my feeling or thoughts anymore...I embrace them process them and let them go.
Somtimes there's nothing I can do to remove the feelings....I stopped fighting it.
What I resist..persist...so I embrace it ..then it passes through me.
I don't get over my feelings or deny my feelings anymore..I experince them and process them.

It's been helping me to process them and just let go of them. I feel at peace for the most part now.
I have the letting go process walk through in my MP3 player. Somtimes I'll just listen to that to help me.

Generally when I get anxiety attack..I'll feel hopeless and very depressed.

Sometimes I'll just pray to god and ask for help...
That's all i say..."help me or help "

Sometimes I'll go to a hill top over looking that park...I'll just sit there and look at the stars...

Sometimes I'll just get on my bike and ride...just ride...anywhere.
I'm hoping to get a motorcycle someday again soon...A motorcycle was very theraputic for me.

Sometimes I'll just get in my car and drive..

Sometimes I'll just go swimming in my pool.

Sometimes I play my guitar.

sometimes I'll do something for other people to get out of myself.

I have lonely days most times, so actually they are usuall days.
First of all - work. When i am at work and go on this site, then if have open window i read/write something here.
After work life give me much more options.....
i can listen music - if i have almost the last level of misery mood
i can think how stupid i am and then go to sleep - the last level
if i have average:
play some games(=like girlfriend but cheaper, ofcourse games have less functions but they are here and more real then someone who wasn't even close....), running(run Forest, RUN), sometimes my friends came up to me and we go somewhere(and start feeling more depressed when i saw couples or just happy people, that means everyone around - its like carma) or sitting in my home(then my mood is going higher, but when they leave it turns to where we started)

Somedays I drink....I bought drink today because I was bored and lonely...sometimes I sleep during the day.
Yeah...forumming, painting, watch tv whatever......

Usually i try to get a little more writing done on my book.

or go out walking (I am up at odd hours, so if you see a big guy in a big coat with an afro walking around at 3 am, don't worry, its okay.

loud music helps.

x-box 360 isn't bad either, but the people on Live tend to be less then honorable people sometimes.

Photoshop is good to.

When I am super lonely I tend to hole up and not do anything....However I do spend alot of time with my pets. My dog Shorty is my confidant, she is always there and always listens and even licks the tears from my face. I would not be able to survive without my pets.
I have a tendency not to come here to the forum when I am truly down and that is probably a mistake. I dont reach out when I need to the most.

a) take up even more hobbies
b) read blogs
c) rant on LJ about nothing
d) drink
e) call everyone I know
f) go online chatting
g) read
h) sleep through the day.
i)keep thinking about eveything and over analysing it.

I go to the gym. Or go to the beach and run alone... sometimes it's scary, I hope I never get held up by anyone, cuz anyway I got barely any money... Running on the beach is pretty nice even though where I run there's barely anyone, sometimes it actually accentuates the lonelyness, but in a way I like it. I guess I've gotten to the point where, if no one cares to be with me, that's just fine with me.

I had some real lonely days when I was unemployed, but I never gave up. I used to set goals to achieve, and give myself small tasks to do each day. Though I did watch alot of television.

I love to read; that is one of the only things I enjoy in this world.
So on my loneliest days, I pick up a good romance novel and I read.
It doesn't make a difference to me if I read it a hundred times before or if it's the first time I'm reading it.
A novel is an escape for me; I always feel as if I'm a character in the story and I forget I'm lying on my bed reading, rather then living the story.
& a good chiller from a cafe along with it makes life seem brighter. =D
Ahhh. I can just taste the mocha coconut chiller...my mouth is watering.
Ugh. Too bad I'm too cheap to actually ever buy one.

Music, food, and getting out. It sounds counter intuitive to want to be outside doings stuff alone in order to forget that you're lonely, but I find staying inside couped up alone makes things a lot worse.

Listen to music that makes you feel something. With the exception of the music that makes you feel melancholy. That combined with mindless drifting on the internet. I guess that is my escape from my reality of loneliness.

Latest posts

Back