How do you fall asleep?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SofiasMami said:
Always with the TV on. It has to be chilly in the house too.
If I wake up at night, I never, ever sneak a look at the clock next to my bed because then my mind starts racing!

-Teresa

I always look at the time.
Crap when you have 5 minutes left before you have to get up.

I always find it hard, I have a strange obsession with numbers that I have noticed more and more but I try to breath deeply and exhaust myself with whatever and that normally does the job.

I don't have a problem falling asleep because sleep (and my dreams) is all I look forward to in this miserable, wretched existence that is living as a human being on planet earth.

lonelydoc said:
I don't have a problem falling asleep because sleep (and my dreams) is all I look forward to in this miserable, wretched existence that is living as a human being on planet earth.

:(

(((((lonelydoc))))))

I can't sleep if I feel cold or stressed. So warm blanket is a must and drinking something hot before sleeping.

how do I fall asleep? badly ... I need the window open a bit, cold air around me but warm & snuggled down under the duvet ... listening (volume at 'can just hear' level) to the BBC World Service while playing a cd of rain & thunderstorms ...
I read ... old murder mysteries ...

Anne

That sounds so cool,Anne,nice! Love the rain and Thunder.

Sherlock Holmes?

Miss Marple?

I leave the tv on and my mind focuses on what is on the tv. The news or PBS specials are particularly good for keeping my brain focused while my body falls asleep.

lonelydoc said:

:( im sorrry u feel that way

Daydream (nightdream?) till I fall asleep.
White noise... often times I have my fan turned on, even though its December here in Indiana.
Soft music turned down low, with my receiver's sleep timer on.
ASMR videos (youtube), MUST use headphones.

Lately I just fall asleep, working two jobs and being depressed is simply exhausting.

Latest posts

Back