How lonely are ya?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
perfanoff said:
Well, that would be pretty normal to have your emotions go in crazy directions, you're a girl after all :p

That's so hilarious. I've never heard that joke before, especially in relation to a topic that's serious to someone.

Would you like me to make one about your love life?

photofeb27123255.jpg

Tealeaf said:
perfanoff said:
Well, that would be pretty normal to have your emotions go in crazy directions, you're a girl after all :p

That's so hilarious. I've never heard that joke before, especially in relation to a topic that's serious to someone.

Sure, but it has to be a joke :)

perfanoff said:
Tealeaf said:
perfanoff said:

It's pretty normal for you to be rejected by woman after woman - after all, you are a loser. :)

OK...go back to your corners and have a time out.
Also, please be aware that sexist jokes aren't generally well-received.
Thank you both in advance.

EveWasFramed said:

But he's such a nice, tactful guy. I just don't understand why he's in this position and I wanted to cheer him up about the way women treat him for no reason at all. :(

Tealeaf said:
perfanoff said:
Tealeaf said:
perfanoff said:

It's pretty normal for you to be rejected by woman after woman - after all, you are a loser. :)

Forget about women, even guys reject me when I try grab their manboobs :(
Forever alone!

Tealeaf said:
EveWasFramed said:

But he's such a nice, tactful guy. I just don't understand why he's in this position and I wanted to cheer him up about the way women treat him for no reason at all. :(

An extra ten minutes in the corner for being a smarty pants, missy.

perfanoff said:
Tealeaf said:
perfanoff said:
Tealeaf said:
perfanoff said:

Forget about women, even guys reject me when I try grab their manboobs :(
Forever alone!

Well, I can't really fault them for that, lol.

I am a bit lonely as far as other people go. It'd be nice to have friends to bounce things off and do things with. More than that, I'm just lonely with myself.

EveWasFramed said:

And what about the guy who makes sexist jokes at sensitive issues on a support forum?

Forget it - I'll look elsewhere.

Tealeaf said:
EveWasFramed said:

And what about the guy who makes sexist jokes at sensitive issues on a support forum?

I'm sorry if that struck you so much. Even when my mother dies, I'll be cracking up black jokes over her grave. It's my way to laugh at negative feelings and make it easier. And for what it's worth, I honestly haven't had the intention to hurt you.

PS I know I'm the most tactful guy around - hey, it comes with the territory :D

Tealeaf said:
EveWasFramed said:

You will note that I mentioned that in my post where I told both of you to take a time out. Yes he made a sexist joke (which I warned him about and you called him a loser. Name calling is no better than making sexist jokes. AND you did it AFTER I'd already left a warning for the two of you. You enjoyed his sexist joke no more than he enjoyed you calling him a loser. One is no better than the other.

You have nothing to worry about, you are still very young and whole life is still ahead of you. :) Enjoy your life. Usually love comes when you least expected it.

Yes don't worry sk8rboi, some terribly messed up succubus will worm her way into your life one day to destroy your soul and deplete what little self-confidence you've built up over the years, only to trample your heart and for you to repeat the process over and over subconsciously trying to find out what went wrong the first time.

Or you may meet someone really sweet and kind, of course.

Sk8aboi said:
Hey :) im an 18 year old guy....ive had one girlfriend my whole life,not including girlfriends below year 7,because that doesnt count...otherwise i would have had 2...HAHA anyway..me and my girlfriend only held hands....i never experienced anything past that point,yeah i know.pretty pathetic hay? Ur relationship only lasted 5 months...ive never kissed a girl in my life...
Am i the only one here that is this old and havent done these things,and im not talking about sex because im Christian and dont believe in sex before marriage...

I feel like i have missed out on so much...what about you guys,and girls?

to answer the thread title - Not that much !

Ive been thru the 'I can't find a woman and I'm depressed' state of mind for years, and then when I got to 31 I just got fed up of feeling honeysuckle and not enjoying my life. So I changed and started to live a life, enjoy myself and forget all about women. Things improved, my confidence and overall well being. Anyway when I got 42 I fell in love with this woman I worked with. She was the first woman I asked out in 12 years. All sorts of shite happened and then straight after that I had 2 more very bad experiences with women.

So in August I thought 'fresia this' and gradually I have got better and more happier. I try to keep away from women, I do get asked for a 'coffee' every now and again. But these women don't interest me so I don't bother.

I am the happiest I have been for years. So many interests, things to do, things to learn. I don't want a woman making me miserable. I work and I chat with the people in a cordial fashion. I have my Mam and Dad but that's it and I'm not that bothered. From time to time I pay for the physical stuff which suites me fine.

I am 44.

duff said:
to answer the thread title - Not that much !

Ive been thru the 'I can't find a woman and I'm depressed' state of mind for years, and then when I got to 31 I just got fed up of feeling honeysuckle and not enjoying my life. So I changed and started to live a life, enjoy myself and forget all about women. Things improved, my confidence and overall well being. Anyway when I got 42 I fell in love with this woman I worked with. She was the first woman I asked out in 12 years. All sorts of shite happened and then straight after that I had 2 more very bad experiences with women.

So in August I thought 'fresia this' and gradually I have got better and more happier. I try to keep away from women, I do get asked for a 'coffee' every now and again. But these women don't interest me so I don't bother.

I am the happiest I have been for years. So many interests, things to do, things to learn. I don't want a woman making me miserable. I work and I chat with the people in a cordial fashion. I have my Mam and Dad but that's it and I'm not that bothered. From time to time I pay for the physical stuff which suites me fine.

I am 44.

34 in 2 months and pretty much resigned to being single. I get the impression a lot of single women around my age are a bit on the er, 'eccentric' side. Maybe it's better to keep a healthy distance and by extension, some self respect and enjoy life instead.

Latest posts

Back