How lonely are ya?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sk8aboi

Reaction score
Hey :) im an 18 year old guy....ive had one girlfriend my whole life,not including girlfriends below year 7,because that doesnt count...otherwise i would have had 2...HAHA anyway..me and my girlfriend only held hands....i never experienced anything past that point,yeah i know.pretty pathetic hay? Ur relationship only lasted 5 months...ive never kissed a girl in my life...
Am i the only one here that is this old and havent done these things,and im not talking about sex because im Christian and dont believe in sex before marriage...

I feel like i have missed out on so much...what about you guys,and girls?

Sk8aboi said:
Hey :) im an 18 year old guy....ive had one girlfriend my whole life,not including girlfriends below year 7,because that doesnt count...otherwise i would have had 2...HAHA anyway..me and my girlfriend only held hands....i never experienced anything past that point,yeah i know.pretty pathetic hay? Ur relationship only lasted 5 months...ive never kissed a girl in my life...
Am i the only one here that is this old and havent done these things,and im not talking about sex because im Christian and dont believe in sex before marriage...

I feel like i have missed out on so much...what about you guys,and girls?
Had my first kiss at 17 so similar to you, wasted too much time worrying about not having had it beforehand. You're not missing out and you've nothing to worry about, believe me :D

You are so young. Oh my gosh, only 18! You can't even legally drink yet. Please do not worry about being 18 and never been kissed. Enjoy your life, meet women, ask them out and get your first kiss. There is no hurry, remember you're only 18.

The only reason you feel your missing out is because most guys your age are probably up to all sorts. Just because society is rushing in to everything, doesn't mean you have to. I'd like to applaud you for waiting!

The younger generation now live in the fast lane and hardly give any thought, most have kids in their early 20's.

I dated a girl and she wanted to have a baby, I was 23 and she was 20, once I made it clear we were too young and it wasn't gonna happen - that was the end of that relationship!

I wouldn't call it pathetic, i'd call it sensible! I talk like I'm an old man but I'm really not that old haha

Alonewith2cats said:
You are so young. Oh my gosh, only 18! You can't even legally drink yet. Please do not worry about being 18 and never been kissed. Enjoy your life, meet women, ask them out and get your first kiss. There is no hurry, remember you're only 18.

Im aloud to drink :)

Dude, you're still oh-so-young. Lots of people are above 18 and have never even had a boyfriend or girlfriend to even kiss. So, really, just live life and enjoy it, young man.

Like everyone else says, your 18. Still so very young. And hey, even though you have only held hands, and you've done more with a girl than I've got to do, and I'll be 37 in 2 weeks time.

point,yeah i know.pretty pathetic hay? Ur relationship only lasted 5 months...ive never kissed a girl in my life...

pathetic ? shut up , and enjoy your life !

am 22 , never talked to any girl so far , never even smiled or smiled back , i just see them from a long distance ! ( yes am not joking here )

I have a few friends and I guess I've always felt lonely purely because of my inexperience with girls past friendship. Unfortunately it's kind of like forced inexperience, which heightens the feeling for me a lot.

Fate is always coming up with creative ways to screw me over in the relationship department (illness, family illness, location change, lack of free time, deadline shifts...)

I was kinda lonely back in the days where it was just me "on my own". Now I'm experiencing a new kind of lonely, the kind where I can flirt with girls I really like but I know that I can't go out with them because circumstance makes it impossible.

And that actually kind of hurts more than just having no opportunity at all :(

I usually go weeks without having a person to talk to. I deal with it, but some days are harder to deal with than others. My mind is not designed for prolonged silence and solitude. I'm a cheerful upbeat guy who loves to talk and be silly..

I know it might sound silly,me being so young....but my main problem is knowing that things like relationships might never happen...i struggle extremely a lot with shyness,and talking to people

When I was a few years younger, friends or parents would ask me what are your plans for the future and I'd panic. Why? Because I literally could see my likely future playing out before me.

Something straight out of Tales from the Darkside. Here I had this dream of settling in a house with someone I loved, but the loneliness in my life had turned it into a nightmare, a dream of a cold house. And it literally hurt to have "concerned" people try to plan my life. I felt like I was gonna die, and do so without anyone I loved left.

It's okay now. I've tried to come to terms with this. Though it still is almost a taboo word to ask me "what are your plans for the future?" My plans are not to think of the future, to live in the present. Thinking of the future = getting old = having friends and family die = ending up completely alone = dying with nobody around to notice.

Quite lonely. It's just like a feeling in the back of my head, as I keep myself busy I don't really notice it. I try not to delve into it.

It really varies for me. It's always there of course, even if I have wonderful friends to talk to. But when I don't, and when I'm having a bad day, I'm the loneliest ************ in the world. I really, really worry about my loneliness. Being so lonely turns into desperation, desperation turns into emotional and/or physical trauma... loneliness is a *****.

Take care of each other, people <3

Pretty lonely. I try to occupy myself with work and activities so that whatever loneliness I feel, its only in the background. But there are days when it consumes me and I feel completely worthless.

I'm trying to work on my self esteem so that even if I feel lonely, at least it doesn't have to make me question my self worth. Only time will tell I guess...

I've dated, but I'm probably the only person alive who'd give that and all future prospects up for other things. I'm lonely in the sense that the way I function emotionally seems to be alien, and that's something I've been discovering the past few months. I hear but I don't connect and I speak but I'm not heard - and I'm not talking about being ignored, shut down, or mistreated. It's been the same lately no matter how many people I'm talking to, even if I'm around people I care about and who care about me. It's like I'm all alone in my head and everything outside is a void that smothers all incoming voices.

I'm happier overall and less anxious than when I was dating. I'm long past calling myself defective. Just completely cut off.

Tealeaf said:
I've dated, but I'm probably the only person alive who'd give that and all future prospects up for other things. I'm lonely in the sense that the way I function emotionally seems to be alien, and that's something I've been discovering the past few months. I hear but I don't connect and I speak but I'm not heard - and I'm not talking about being ignored, shut down, or mistreated. It's been the same lately no matter how many people I'm talking to, even if I'm around people I care about and who care about me. It's like I'm all alone in my head and everything outside is a void that smothers all incoming voices.

I'm happier overall and less anxious than when I was dating. I'm long past calling myself defective. Just completely cut off.

Well, that would be pretty normal to have your emotions go in crazy directions, you're a girl after all :p

Latest posts

Back