How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've been single for almost five years now. i was "seeing" a girl last year, and we "saw" eachother for over a year, but that's finished now. we were never really officially a couple. i really, really liked her and i still do, but i'm thinking about what my next move is gonna be. should i stay single, or go out there and find someone else? i don't know. it's VERY difficult to find someone special. i don't have a hard time meeting girls. i meet a new girl every week. it's just that i don't feel anything for most of them, not even physical attraction. i need someone that i can connect with.

other than a summer high school fling... my entire life. so thats over 10 years now. i dont really count that fling as anything anyway because it didnt mean anything.

21 years... of course the women on this forum like VanillaCreme and Coropicat think I deserve it.

My entire life. And if I were to count since age 18, that would be 9 years.

Though, I count from when I actually attempted to date and put myself out there. So that would be 3 years. Before that, I was just in denial about wanting a relationship then wondered why I so miserable :p

6 years.

freedom said:
it's VERY difficult to find someone special. i don't have a hard time meeting girls. i meet a new girl every week. it's just that i don't feel anything for most of them, not even physical attraction. i need someone that i can connect with.

You sound very similar to me.

I've been single for almost a year and a half now, coming out of a 5-yr relationship. *sigh* Some days are harder than others in terms of loneliness, but I'm over my ex now, so that's a good thing.

Hi-
I've been single for 3 years. I tried to meet someone on one of the big dating websites but just found out that one of the guys I dated a few times is married and not separated! So I'm breaking up with the idea of online dating :)

Teresa

23 Years... Never truly had a "real" relationship. I've also tried those dating sites.. But really just don't feel like putting the effort in. However a guy I work with, who's by conventional standards deffinitly not a catch, went on and just put the effort in. He messaged lots of girls, went on lots of dates, and eventually he found a girl who really likes him... So in closing, been single awhile, but i know it's my own fault.. If im not going to put in the effort, why would they?

NOAH_FX: honesty is the best policy. at least you are honest about your situation.

SofiasMami: Don't let one bad apple ruin your hopes. I say give it one more try!

SofiasMami said:
Hi-
I've been single for 3 years. I tried to meet someone on one of the big dating websites but just found out that one of the guys I dated a few times is married and not separated! So I'm breaking up with the idea of online dating :)

Teresa

omg that is screwed up o_o

Last "thing" I had was 12 years ago. It always falls down to sex thought. Sex is not going to happend in my life time so I keep myself out of the market.

All my life. Every attempt to connect with a girl I really like in real-life is met with rejection and failure.

So I tried an online relationship a few years ago with a girl I got to know really well from Second Life, but it was a complete joke. When she left me after a year, it was revealed to me that she was planning to date a long time friend before we even got together, but she couldn't make up her mind with me (they eventually visited each other and are married lol). I felt like a naive, immature, fool for opening up to her and trusting in her; and believing that a long-distance relationship would go anywhere. Of course, I don't count it as an official relationship. I now tend to view online dating of any kind with futility and contempt. However, I'm glad for the experience as it taught me many invaluable lessons I should know.. and it showed me what it feels to be hurt.

11 years :( and the last guy I was with ignored me for the last 2 years of our relationship so I don't know if that counts. I also had a one sided relationship shortly after but I don't count that because I realize now I was little more than a "F" buddy to him. Ive hooked up here and there in the past 11 years, but have not found anyone I can come home to and rest my head on his chest. Its sad because I'm now 35 and I am running out of time to meet someone. I look young for my age most people guess 27-28, but still after a certain time you run out of options or you date men who look over your shoulder at the 22 year old behind you.

there is some comfort in knowing I'm not alone being alone :)

Latest posts

Back