How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm lets see... 2 1/2 years going on three. I kinda like it. Then again I don't. I guess I'm never going to be completely happy whether I'm alone or with someone.

19 years=my entire life. Yeah a girlfriend would be nice- not just another crush which never gets anywhere..

Till a week ago..but it didnt even feel like I was in a relationship anyway, I felt like I was single more than anything. I would have rathered stay single and it wouldnt have changed a thing. So technically, if you dont include that last guy, It had been about a year.

27 years, I kind of stopped caring as soon as I got into my early 20s, I never really fell in love with anyone before to be honest so that part of my life was pretty much nonexistent, I loved my friends, I could always be there when they need me, but do they?

I never could get any deeper relationships than that, nor I understand what is it like to have a "deeper" relationship, majority of my friends were male, so thats as far as I could go, I don't know, I just think my social behavior is just abnormal.

ExtensivexLDL said:
19 years=my entire life. Yeah a girlfriend would be nice- not just another crush which never gets anywhere..

Exactly the same here.

I dated a woman this past summer for a couple months. Other than that, it has been 6 or 7 yrs.

Fender said:
ExtensivexLDL said:

Exactly the same here.

The same here too, except I'm two years younger. I can relate to the crush problem especially.

Well about huh....FOREVER !

I know I'm just 20 years old and everything, but I can't help but to feel that I will stay in that status forever. I'm dying to know what it is to be loved. Thing is, I don't EVER meet new people so its not going to happen anytime. I have great friends, I'm far from being ugly, I'm freaking intelligent and I have a whole bunch of qualities but I still don't see it happening. They just don't want me

TaintedOne said:
I have great friends, I'm far from being ugly, I'm freaking intelligent and I have a whole bunch of qualities but I still don't see it happening.

Hmm That sounds perfect to me.
I guess all you have to do is to meet new people. Sometimes, when people are too closed, they just no longer have this special feeling.
I have some closed male friends and we just feel nothing but buddies. haha.
Btw, what are you? Girl or Guy?
=P

lingo said:
TaintedOne said:
I have great friends, I'm far from being ugly, I'm freaking intelligent and I have a whole bunch of qualities but I still don't see it happening.

Hmm That sounds perfect to me.
I guess all you have to do is to meet new people. Sometimes, when people are too closed, they just no longer have this special feeling.
I have some closed male friends and we just feel nothing but buddies. haha.
Btw, what are you? Girl or Guy?
=P

I'm a guy. Yeah I know about all this ''meet new people'' thing but I'm stuck in a vicious circle. Most of my friends know each other, so I can't really ask them to present me their other friends because they are inexistant. Except throught friends, I don't know how to meet new people. Well I do know some possibilities, but I don't see those as valid options.

TaintedOne said:
Most of my friends know each other, so I can't really ask them to present me their other friends because they are inexistant. Except throught friends, I don't know how to meet new people. Well I do know some possibilities, but I don't see those as valid options.

Hmm~~ Other than through friends, there are other ways to meet friends.
You can know them through club activities and voluntary work.
Making friends through club activities and voluntary work really work for me. When I first move to this city, I hardly know anyone and most of the local people are quite alien to me. =P So, it's kindda hard for me to just go and say 'Hi' to them. So, I joined a few club activities and voluntary work in school. and I even made a few closed friends from there.
Of course, the activities should be something that you are interested in.
Another option is to find online friends from forum like this.

mm I am not sure these are the valid options for you or not? Are they? =P

Latest posts

Back