how long will it last??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seekingpeace

Reaction score
Ive been lonely for almost 8 years now, no friends to talk about, just watching ppl go by. My situation is even worse now, I cant see myself getting any better in th next year. Is it just destiny for ppl like me to be lonely? my physical state makes me an outsider, I've prayed, I've cried and nothing has come out of it. I dont have any expectations anymore, Im never going to have a gf, never going to have a fam but I wonder if God would give me atleast one friend before I die. I watch tv and see ppl happy together, I walk down the street and see ppl happy together and I wonder if they know how much they have, then I wonder why I cant have it. I look back at my days when i was younger and I really appreciate those friends I had in school, now I have this everlasting feeling of doom, I wake up with anxiety and pessimism. Foolishly sometimes I feel like God might be punishing me for some unknown reason, maybe its something I did in a past life. I dont know what to do, I just know I have to suffer it.

seekingpeace said:
Ive been lonely for almost 8 years now, no friends to talk about, just watching ppl go by. My situation is even worse now, I cant see myself getting any better in th next year. Is it just destiny for ppl like me to be lonely? my physical state makes me an outsider, I've prayed, I've cried and nothing has come out of it. I dont have any expectations anymore, Im never going to have a gf, never going to have a fam but I wonder if God would give me atleast one friend before I die.

Even though we've never met, you have lots of friends here. I realize that's not really what you meant, but it is something. I'm certainly no expert on making friends, but I've heard others more succesful than me say to just "keep talking to people". If you talk to enough people over the course of your life, you're bound to run into someone who's willing to be a good friend...possibly more than one someone, and possibly even someone willing to be MORE than a friend.

seekingpeace said:
I watch tv and see ppl happy together, I walk down the street and see ppl happy together and I wonder if they know how much they have, then I wonder why I cant have it.

I'm the same way. I see people like this everywhere and wonder how many of them take each other for granted...quite a few, I'd imagine.

seekingpeace said:
God might be punishing me for some unknown reason, maybe its something I did in a past life. I dont know what to do, I just know I have to suffer it.

God is not punishing you. You were simply dealt a random, crappy hand at the poker table of life. It will get better. I'm sure you're saying "WHEN?" but the truth is, I have no idea. I just know if you stick around long enough, it HAS to. I'm still waiting too!

Good luck...hope this helped at least a tiny bit.

There's always hope. You don't know what will happend to you in the furute. You can't say that you will never find a girlfriend, because you don't know that. You could find your true love tomorrow for all you know. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you must have hope. Like Justlost said, if you keep talking to enough people, you will connect with one eventually. You just can't predict when that will happend. The more people you talk to, the more chance of someone wanting to be your friend ^^

I'm in the same position as you, and there's really not much you can do about it. I just live my life the best I can, and hope that one day I'll run into some potential friend or a girlfriend. You never know when it will happend.

If you want to speed up the process, then look at the places you have available where you can socially interact with people. At your work? Sports? Hobbies? Or you could always do some volunteer work. You'll meet new people and you're doing something good. Talk to other people! Don't be afraid to take the first step. Even if they're not interested in friendship, it's good to just talk. Good practice.

You're not being punished. Never think that you deserve to be in the position you're in. No one deserves that. Focus on getting out of it instead

So you are still looking for someone to talk to?

**Naleena breaks out her majick wand and on this (almost) day of Solstice and gives it a little twitch.**

Ta dah! Oh look at the cool sparkles...lol No wait, that's Minus' awsome rainbow...lol

http://www.myspace.com/wakethafuckup

Above is the my space link to one of the coolest people on the planet. I love her more than life. I apologize for wording in her url....lol She said to tell you don't be afraid to write her because she will definately write you back, even if it takes her a couple of days. I think you guys have some things in common and you are about the same age. Check it out :) and Happy Solstice!!

PS She asked if you had texting.

I also am no expert on making friends. Still i have to agree with everyone. Keep talking to people. It will make it easier for this friend to find you. Put yourself in situations where you interact with people.

I really wish there was something faster.

Do you have any hobbies?

If so then try finding clubs online with people that share the same passions and hobbies as you.

When that doesn't work you can always try and find some volunteer work that occurs when you have free time. That is a great way to meet people IMO.

This can help you try to have new people in your life that have something in common with you.

seekingpeace said:
Ive been lonely for almost 8 years now, no friends to talk about, just watching ppl go by. My situation is even worse now, I cant see myself getting any better in th next year. Is it just destiny for ppl like me to be lonely? my physical state makes me an outsider, I've prayed, I've cried and nothing has come out of it. I dont have any expectations anymore, Im never going to have a gf, never going to have a fam but I wonder if God would give me atleast one friend before I die. I watch tv and see ppl happy together, I walk down the street and see ppl happy together and I wonder if they know how much they have, then I wonder why I cant have it. I look back at my days when i was younger and I really appreciate those friends I had in school, now I have this everlasting feeling of doom, I wake up with anxiety and pessimism. Foolishly sometimes I feel like God might be punishing me for some unknown reason, maybe its something I did in a past life. I dont know what to do, I just know I have to suffer it.

Your not that different from alot of us here so dont think ur alone. Secondly, Dont think that God is punishing you, but believe that hes putting u through a trial. Now all u can do is to constantly try and improve ur situation. You say u see ppl going by? well try to interact with em, try to call em, make plans with em, etc. Since ur in this situation, it is you who has to extend ur hand to get something otherwise nothing happens. Life can get sad, so its up to you to make it better. I know this may seem a lil hard at first, but ull love doing it once uve done it a couple of times. And if it at first those ppl dont respond in a positive way, F them, get some other ppl. Dont be a bystander, be an active participant!

Seekingpeace...

You describe a pain that I, and probably mostly everyone here, knows only too well. Alot of people here tell you to participate, don't stand back and watch. I hear this, and I can understand and support what they said. However for me it is so different. My job requires me to be in LOTS of social situations. I am surrounded by people that I interact with daily. And yet I still have no one to talk to after work. I still spend my evenings and weekends alone. Holidays pass by simply as another day. If I am so great, why doesn't anyone ever call me back? Or if I am as great as they tell me I am, why doesn't anyone want to hang out with me, or even talk to me?

That is why I said what I said about quicksand. You keep sinking, and no one wants to help...you try, oh how you try. You reach out, desperately and eagerly, hoping for just something. It never comes. Hope sinks with you.

What I do that helps me in these times is writing about them. I don't care if people like what I have to say or not, but if I can just express myself, then I am not so alone anymore.

Another thing I do is I always try to do something nice for people. Cheer them up, saying something nice about how they look, buy them a candy bar from the machine for no reason, buy the folks that work for me a couple pizza's just because. Give someone a flower, write someone a poem, or just send someone a personal letter or email telling them how awesome they are. I may not be happy, and I may not have any joy in my own heart, but if I could just make those around me happier, then at least that is something. My life isn't a waste. I feel that eventually it will catch up with me. It hasn't yet, and maybe that is just me bullsh*** myself. If so, then at least I can go to my grave justified, saying I did my damnest to make the world a better place. If the world can't appreciate it, then so bet it.

I hope that helps, or make any sense to you seeking peace...or anyone else.

Latest posts

Back