How many friends do u have ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have lots of acquaintances whom I like but don't really trust. I have two close friends.

SadRabbit said:
LoL...Newbirth, am I sensitive, or do you have issues with me lol...you dislike me lol?
ur sensitive LoL...i dunno u 2 like u or dislike u...but u seem pretty cool 2 me

I have one good friend who I've been friends with since 3rd grade. However, 3-4 years ago we moved to different areas and now I see him maybe once or twice a year on each of our respective birthdays.

So, I guess the question remains? HOW do people make friends! Is really isn't that easy in modern day society. But here are some good tips:

1.) WHAT do you like doing? Biking? Nature? Museums? Public speaking? There are SOOOO many clubs and groups to meet new friends. Try www.meetup.com

2.) WHAT do you care about? Battered women? World peace? The environment? Homeless people? Poor children? etc. There are SOO many great volunteer programs that really need people to help volunteer! It's great because while you are doing a good work for the world, you are meeting friendly people in a non-threatening, and super supportive friendly environment!

3.) WHAT would you like to explore in terms of spiritual growth. There are TONS of great churches, synagogues, mosques, sanghas, nondenominational groups for world peace and interfaith friendship. Try joining one to meet nice and friendly people! If you don't succeed in finding the right place for you, try, try again! Try until you find the right place for your own spiritual growth.

4.) HOW can you improve yourself A) as a human being B) to become a better friend? You must take care of your physical and mental health so you can have something to offer your new friends. Work on taking good care of your physical and emotional needs so that you can have something to share with others!

Yeah it sucks cause the problem with friends is that you might treat the other party as friends, but do they really take you as their friend, or someone to just hang out with. I guess, friends are hard to come by, but come what may, we should cherish the people in our lives...=)

i have a lot of friends but they don;t mean anything, they laughed at me when I am down, so I don't think they are real friends. I better being alone.
oh yaa, i have an online friend, who seem to like me a lot, but I'm getting scare of new relationship and it making me look stupid and i think she starting to dislike me... god im such a loser

I have about six friends, one online friend, and quite a few acquaintances. They're pretty much all guys though, except the online one... Most girls I know area afraid of me because my sense of humor is pretty sick. lol

...**** the luck.

I have some ppl that mmmm How can I put it. ppl that would be happy to be out drinking with me but that's all there looking for is a drinking partner.

Friends that would put them self out for me,,,, I would say 2 but I don't see much of them 2 ppl as there busy with there own life's

what i think is worse is that in middle school i used to be the most popular kid friends with everyone and all the grls loved me... then for no reason my best friends decided to screw me over when we entered highschool... and decided to go out of their way and make me miserable... kids that i devoted all my trust and friendship to.. so then i met a grl and we dated for three years till senior year.. she screwed me over... i went to college thinkin ill start a new life and new reputation... nope everyone around me was makin friends and if anyone ever talked to me was because ithey were friends with my roommate and i happened to be around. i put so many walls up when i meet people or date someone.. and that causes me to be insecure and ultimatly leads to break up which further scars me and leaves me hurting... im 20 now and ive never felt lonier.. everyone tells me how college years are when u live ur life and experience everything and all im doing is commuting to class and sitting home alone depressed i cant even study to get somewhere in life... yea so all this leaves me with 0 friends

I have one friend, but I honestly don't like to hang out with him because he has a drug and alcohol problem and he acts really weird when he is high, which is most of the time.

Online, I have lots of friends, but none of them live in my state.

Guest said:
I have one friend, but I honestly don't like to hang out with him because he has a drug and alcohol problem and he acts really weird when he is high, which is most of the time.
ruuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn LoL run as fast as u can

NewBirth said:
ruuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn LoL run as fast as u can

No, there isn't any need to run from him; just sit down and light one up with him. lol

This is the first time in my life i have had no friends for about a year now. Yeah, it does feel strange. I have gotten in touch with an old girlfriend but, i am taking it easy because i don't want to scare her away don't wanrt to come off as too 'needy" It's weird because i find myself watching myself for that kind of thing. Like when i did have friends and i met someone new , I was more relaxed and comfortable with my situation, so i probably was easier to be around.
We have to stop being so hard on ourselves.

friends? well i know quite a few people.
friends that i can rely on?
1. suna << it s actually not my name it's my best friend's name... just borrowing it... she disappeared... *cries*
2. aeth << hmm if i ever get a chance to risk my life for him i d be a hero too =D

Latest posts

Back