How many friends do u have ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some friends, but just not really any close or true friends like I want.....:-( I lost my closest friend just a few weeks ago :-'(

lonelyheartsxx said:
I have some friends, but just not really any close or true friends like I want.....:-( I lost my closest friend just a few weeks ago :-'(

I'm sorry about that :(

I have friends if your definition of friendship is kinda broad. They probably don’t realize how much they mean to me, even if I don’t feel closely connected to them: a girl I met in kindergarten, and a girl I met in 2nd grade. I haven’t figured out a way to break up our friendships yet, thankfully. ^^ We talk now and then, though only one girl goes to my school.
No one likes listening to a life story, and lunch is due to end soon, so I won’t divulge that to you. But I lost two of my best friends in middle school in really weird situations, because we’d formed a triangle of friendship and both of them were too headstrong to stay together. I got pretty timid around them, since I was afraid of a big fight in which I’d have to choose sides, and eventually I slunk away from the triangle. I had a lot of fun while it lasted at least. I set up a mental blockade against people during freshman year at highschool, which I haven’t taken down yet. Since I’m not depressed about my situation I won’t mind keeping away from people for a few more years, but my parents are always asking “why don’t you invite someone over?” and “can’t you call someone today?” They have good intentions I know, and I realize the importance of relationships in late highschool/early college, but independence is all that I want right now! x_x

That was me, forgot to log in. Sorry if this counts as a double post. (And yes I realize I'm a newbie and no one knows me anyway, so this post is pointless. :p)

I have no friends only a long list of reasonably amiable aquaintences, most of whom don't even know my first name. Everyone's all smiles and stuff but whenever I invite people out they're always "busy" (I realise how immature and inconsiderate this must sound but it's true) and nobody even attempts to make a connection to me (again I sound childish but honest to God it's true), so for the past 2 years now I've just kept my head down and minded my own buisiness. Then about a year ago I developed some sort of social anxiety and now I can't leave my house unless it's in a uniform of some kind and I have a distinct purpose.

Soz for writing so much, another whiney high schooler is always worth a laugh right though?:D

Out here in the real world, none what so ever. the last friend I had was my ex fiancee. that was year and half ago. here in the cyber world. its no different. I have no friends what so ever.

Hi,

I would maybe have like 6 or so geniune friends that i keep in contact with. And then maybe a few others that im friendly with but i couldnt call them a friends. Im a bit of a loner though and i find it hard to make new friends. i havent made any good new friends in the past five years it sux.

I know I have posted in this thread before but....haha well just like to say, sometimes its better to have no friends at all. Look at me, the way my friends treat me, make fun of me, bully me, and always claim I don't belong to them and yet I have to swallow my pride and say its ok. How i wish I can be alone, lost in my own world, no one to bother me. But truth can be so hurting. A loner can only do so much.... so for now, I guess, its time to swallow my pride again and cry away all the abuses that i recieve at night, silently in my own room.

I lost most of my friends I had, but formed two new ones in highschool. I've lost the friendship with those two now since they both went to college and I live 2hrs away from them. Since they formed new friendships they hardly talk to me, or visit me. They have now become just aquaintences to me. I really don't have friends that I hang out with. Over the past two years I've gotten use to it, but sometimes during those lonely nights over the weekend or friday it hits you when you're by yourself doing nothing.

In my home town I have a few friends - two really good ones, "bff"s if you like, with whom I'm always in touch, wherever I am (internet does wonders); and 4-5 with whom I meet when I'm there for a visit and exchange a few e-mails every now and then.
In the city where I've been living for the past 7 years I have one (1) friend, and we're not very close.

Often I feel like I have none, because there is no-one I can call when I just want to talk.

I havent had a friend in 5 years.. and ive never had a girlfriend. I do alot of things by myself.

Went through highschool without one friend, sat alone by myself everywhere, did everything myself.

Now its college and making a friend is even harder. and I cant even think.. of having a gf.. when i can't make a friend period.

I don't make friends very easily. I distance myself from most people unless there's some external catalyst that sparks sociable conversation. To top it off, I have a tendency to distance myself from people who are already my friends. I've lost at least two or three best friends this way, as well as several other casual friends. Pretty annoying combination. ><

jamie said:
In my home town I have a few friends - two really good ones, "bff"s if you like, with whom I'm always in touch, wherever I am (internet does wonders); and 4-5 with whom I meet when I'm there for a visit and exchange a few e-mails every now and then.
In the city where I've been living for the past 7 years I have one (1) friend, and we're not very close.

Often I feel like I have none, because there is no-one I can call when I just want to talk.

I'm so sad

Well, we've got a community of e-friends right here. :)

[/feels kind of lame]

I did used to have a few really good friends all throughout elementary school..(one of the only happy memories I have of school with friends..I know saad) but then I moved and lost contact with them all. After that I pretty much was friendless from middle school to now lol.. I've had friends, :( but they felt more like acquaintances than actual Real friends that I could count on and share things with.. I was pretty much a loner, didn't really talk much, and left out alot. soo been feeling lonely for a real long time..(sometimes I think I haven't grown up emotionally since elementary, because I hadn't had friends to grow up with after that. Sort of feel stuck in time? so I am kind of like a child at heart).. Then thank god for the internet.. I met someone really cool though a mmorpg(yeah a game lol) and we been talking everyday for about a year now.(she knows the most about me in the whole entire world o.o). so I feel like she's a pretty close friend to me even though she's incredibly far away in another state and we only have internet contact right now :(. so online I have 1 close friend.. IRL none. One day I want to meet her IRL though and tell her how much of a good friend she's been to me!(that's if we are still friends for that long. I hope so!)

I have lots of acquaintances, but friends, no, I just can't feel that connection, it's me just being social on the surface, but not really expressing myself, yeah i think i need to express myself.

Latest posts

Back