how many gal.'s of water would it take to produce 5,000 watts?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
csmswhs said:
in terms of applied force.

thanks for any help

Q. In terms of applied force, how many gallons of water are required to produce 5,000 watts of electricity?

Do you mean kilowatts, megawatts, or gigawatts? What is the source of the applied force (for example, is a turbine generator or hydropower being used)? Is there any more specific information available? LG:)

LGH1288 said:
csmswhs said:

thanks for any help

Q. In terms of applied force, how many gallons of water are required to produce 5,000 watts of electricity?

Do you mean kilowatts, megawatts, or gigawatts? What is the source of the applied force (for example, is a turbine generator or hydropower being used)? Is there any more specific information available? LG:)

hi LG, thanks.:) i am just trying to work out some ideas to produce free energy & heat (without solar panels, wind etc.). (there is not alot of wind where i am from to warrant a wind generator, and i live in town. and i am not against solar panels, but as it is right now, they are expensive and inneficient to say the least. especially in the type of winters i live in) one of them is to possibly use wastewater from my house to produce electricity via turbine generator/waterwheel etc.

i am not so sure about this idea as opposed to others i have.

some of those include using magnets, or even a parabolic fresnal lens in winter (which i sware could work even with little sun/i.e. winter up North, because of its power in certain concentrations) (even eliminating the need for a generator, battery etc., which are cumbersome, expensive and dangerous). i even thought of a floor that as you walk upon it produces air pressure etc etc.

and the main theme with most if not all of them would be that they are self perpetuating.

sorry about the rambling.

but essentially, watts simply. for the question i asked above. because i was just estimating how many watts are typically used in a day. and i wanted to see how many gallons of water it would take to produce that through the means i described to you above (via waterwheel, etc).

i am trying to figure out if the wastewater i have that typically goes down the drain would be enough to create a significant amount of electricity. and if it would be worth furthering this idea.

what i've found so far is that 5000 watts in an hour would be 33333.33333.... gallons. and depending on, it looks like the minimum is 0.15 watts per hour per gallon from ten feet. (according to another nice person who helped me)

i also found one site that offered a tad of info stating that one of their wheels produces 1500 watts with approximately 1000 gallons per minute.

i am a little lost but haven't given up trying to figure this out yet. i learn better by doing, so i might just have to experiment, although the equations would probably save me alot of trouble if i could figure them out before hand.

then i would know whether or not to bother in the first place:)

thank you:)

csmswhs said:
LGH1288 said:
csmswhs said:

thanks for any help

hi LG, thanks.:) i am just trying to work out some ideas to produce free energy & heat (without solar panels, wind etc.). (there is not alot of wind where i am from to warrant a wind generator, and i live in town. and i am not against solar panels, but as it is right now, they are expensive and inneficient to say the least. especially in the type of winters i live in) one of them is to possibly use wastewater from my house to produce electricity via turbine generator/waterwheel etc.

i am not so sure about this idea as opposed to others i have.

some of those include using magnets, or even a parabolic fresnal lens in winter (which i sware could work even with little sun/i.e. winter up North, because of its power in certain concentrations) (even eliminating the need for a generator, battery etc., which are cumbersome, expensive and dangerous). i even thought of a floor that as you walk upon it produces air pressure etc etc.

and the main theme with most if not all of them would be that they are self perpetuating.

sorry about the rambling.

but essentially, watts simply. for the question i asked above. because i was just estimating how many watts are typically used in a day. and i wanted to see how many gallons of water it would take to produce that through the means i described to you above (via waterwheel, etc).

i am trying to figure out if the wastewater i have that typically goes down the drain would be enough to create a significant amount of electricity. and if it would be worth furthering this idea.

what i've found so far is that 5000 watts in an hour would be 33333.33333.... gallons. and depending on, it looks like the minimum is 0.15 watts per hour per gallon from ten feet. (according to another nice person who helped me)

i also found one site that offered a tad of info stating that one of their wheels produces 1500 watts with approximately 1000 gallons per minute.

i am a little lost but haven't given up trying to figure this out yet. i learn better by doing, so i might just have to experiment, although the equations would probably save me alot of trouble if i could figure them out before hand.

then i would know whether or not to bother in the first place:)

thank you:)

An interesting and admirable project! Perhaps the following will help you. Regret I'm not knowledgeable in this field. Much good luck to you, LG:)

In terms of hydropower, the amount of energy, E, released when an object of mass m drops a height h in a gravitational field of strength g is given by: E=mgh (measuring standard gravity as 9.80665 m/s2).

Reference: Hydropower

thank you so much, the equation you gave seems to fill in some missing blanks that i knew i had to find somehow. thank you so much, and much luck to you also:)

Latest posts

Back