How many of you have the guts....?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my personal case, real life and online strangers mostly approach me when they need something from me, let's say an address, info about some event, thing, or place, a specific task, an answer about a subject, a favor, to give me some store or school brochure, to offer me a service, etc. otherwise strangers just don't go talk to me.

I have walked up to strangers & talk to them... Strangers have walked up to me & spoke to me... I don't have problem with either...

I speak to strangers quite a bit. While waiting in line...on the bus/train...at parties/social gatherings...to people in the service industry. I might start a conversation with a compliment or a question. At parties, I'll probably just smile and say Hello.

Of course in the presence of a guy I'm crushing on, I turn into this babbling, nonsensical jello. :D

I don't mind strangers approaching me at all!

My best memory of a conversation with a stranger was on a flight back home from Australia I believe. I must have been 8 or 9 yrs old. I started talking to the man next to me, he was from Chile. He was a bit drunk and he poured out his life story, about how his wife was dying from cancer etc. And I think I listened to him the whole time. And he cried a few times. After we landed, at the terminal, he hugged me and thanked me with tears in his eyes. It seemed like all he needed was someone to listen. I remember him looking miserable on board and was in a much better disposition when he was at the terminal.

That had a huge impact on me.

Veruca said:
My best memory of a conversation with a stranger was on a flight back home from Australia I believe. I must have been 8 or 9 yrs old. I started talking to the man next to me, he was from Chile. He was a bit drunk and he poured out his life story, about how his wife was dying from cancer etc. And I think I listened to him the whole time. And he cried a few times. After we landed, at the terminal, he hugged me and thanked me with tears in his eyes. It seemed like all he needed was someone to listen. I remember him looking miserable on board and was in a much better disposition when he was at the terminal.

That had a huge impact on me.

I remember something similar, when I was young, too. A guy called Morgan who taught me to play Rummy B)

I do this as often as the opportunity presents itself. I am numb to discouragement and rejection if I'm not invested in the other person.

If anything, I have a much more difficult time approaching a casual acquaintance that I've got a thing for.

I enjoy talking to strangers because you never know whether they just needed one person to talk to them or smile at them. I like to think that I'm making their day. Especially the elderly, lol.

While in the grocery shore I am often spoken to about the products that I am looking at. It happen five days ago while I was studding the meat, a woman came up to look at the meat and started to talk to me. I spoke back and then we went our separate ways. It does not worry me if people do this to me, I tell myself to be friendly and smile. You probably will not see that person again and it is important to make people feel happy and contented. To make their day, by being friendly and answering them back. I have been the one to speak first on occasion and have being snubbed. But it does not worry me, probably the person is ill or having a bad day!
And if you just give a smile, that can go a long way in making someone feel better. And 7 out of 10 people will smile back.

Latest posts

Back