How many of you....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alonewith2cats said:
cry almost every day?

I haven't cried in 3 years... Last time I cried was when I found out my ex girl friend of 9 years passed away 6 month prior...

Are you crying every day/night? If you do, can I ask why or is it too personal?

Alonewith2cats said:
Maybe I'm weird. It's always at the end of the day and when I go home.

:D ha ha ha... Sorry... I'm not trying to be mean... It's how you started this sentence with that made me laugh... "May be I'm weird." So many times when I thought "I know I'm weird... What's their excuse?"... And "them" being people I work with & some I see on streets...

I don't cry very often, however when I do it's usually over something silly. e.g. When me and my Sister have had a petty argument or when I'm stressed out/worked up.

Six months and prior for a long time, I cried everyday. In my case part was helping to care for my Mum and then her passing, but I also had big hormone fluctations. The Dr seems to have solved this with a Hormonal rod which is a contraception, but regulates my own hormones.

Crying at the end of the day, is it stress you are holding in from work. If so, is a change of job possible?

I used to. Or I'd go through rather long phases of it. But it seemed to stop when I started taking antidepressants some years back. Well, the tears stopped, but the reality didn't. Not really sure if it was the medication that did it or if I just moved on from that period/got sick of being like that.
These days it takes something more, like a death of a loved one for example. I do also tear up a bit when I'm stupid and find myself up late at night watching people hunting rare animals or lions and tigers being mistreated in zoos or a circus. That honeysuckle really gets to me.

GraceBlossom said:
Six months and prior for a long time, I cried everyday. In my case part was helping to care for my Mum and then her passing, but I also had big hormone fluctations. The Dr seems to have solved this with a Hormonal rod which is a contraception, but regulates my own hormones.

Crying at the end of the day, is it stress you are holding in from work. If so, is a change of job possible?

It's really how I'm dealing with my lifestyle. My loneliness really gets to me and it's at the end of the day when I go home. I have really only been living alone since September of 2011. Before that I was in a long term relationship and we were living together. For my own reasons I needed to break up with him and I don't want him back. But it's been quite a change to go from living with someone for about a decade to living completely alone. When I get home the silence is so overwhelming that I need radio, TV or internet just to put some noise in my home. The crying starts when I leave work and walk to the bus stop, on the bus and continues when I get home. I have a friend who calls me almost every day but I find myself having to listen to her drama and everything that is happening to her life so much that I feel like I'm her diary. Of course it's not that I won't listen to her. That is what friends are for and I'll always be there for her but I often find I want space from her and sometimes don't answer my phone.

Having a roommate is not an option. I need my independence and freedom at home, I can't give that up, and feel that a roommate situation would never work out. There is no place for anyone to sleep here anyway. I have only one bedroom, one bed and my other bedroom has 2 litterboxes and a computer, no bed. This room is the only place I can keep the 2 litterboxes for my cats. There is really only enough room here for one person to live and sleep here, or a couple who sleep in the same bed. When my friends spend the night they sleep on the couch. I accept this for now but I do have hope that my single and living alone lifestyle will not be a permanent and for the rest of my life until death thing. I'm 40.

It's not that I'm pathetic. I do whatever I can to have a life. I go places on the weekends, I do things. Often I do stuff with my friend because she is there for me but I also am just as happy to do stuff alone. Sometimes I go on dates I meet on the internet. So far I have felt no chemistry with any of them and stop seeing them after date two or three so I don't lead them on.

At work I'm not alone. I'm busy working and during downtime I can talk to or joke around with my coworkers so it's always at the end of the day that I feel so sad.

I spent my entire 40's crying. It was the worst time in my life. In the last year, I have stopped crying and I don't know why exactly, nothing has changed, I've even spent a lot of money and time trying new things to help alleviate the pain I feel but its all been a colossal failure.
I'm not so sure a roommate would help, it didn't help me at all.
Maybe it was time, I got past the point of hoping things would change and realized I'm stuck with a lonely life. I haven't given up because there are still times things happen that bring me close to tears but I can manage to hold them off.

I hadn't cried for a year or so, until 4 weeks ago. My heart was ripped out and I've never cried so much in my life.

I do. Nights are very hard for me these days. The house goes silent, and I'm the only one left thinking of things.

Physically crying? no.
Dying inside? yes.

Though, I was physically crying regularly a few months ago.

I cried reading this, because it resonates so much…

Crying or no crying, the situation is the same - I understand rationally that crying all the time lowers the chances of changing the situation even more, and I distract myself until not crying becomes a habit, which works until I think too much about my situation. I dream of living in a community with other people, a community where I have my own little house or floor because I also have trouble with sharing small spaces, because of noise mostly.
I have to concentrate on the fact that I am doing everything I can to change this, and try not to think about how plans might not work out. I can't imagine of living more years like this, it is such a waste of everything. I try to give out as much as I can, and reach out to strangers. I don't really want or need a romantic relationship, but I would love something like a urban family, brothers and sisters, to feel part of something.

PS sometimes I forget about it, but I am 40 too (and one more)

You're not weird! I cry a lot too, lately... It's much better to cry and let all the feelings come out rather than bottling them up.

I would like to know why we are a forum of loneliness? If all of us are trying to meet someone why dont we do it?? Whye we dont connect each other? why we dont contact more?

mari1969 said:
I would like to know why we are a forum of loneliness? If all of us are trying to meet someone why dont we do it?? Whye we dont connect each other? why we dont contact more?

I think the reason is because many of us are lonely because we lack the 'social skills' needed to not be lonely. It's like putting two people that don't know how to do math together and expect them to learn math.

At least.. that's my best guess..

Another reason is probably because most of here have some sort of "problem" and, maybe they don't want to be with someone that has problems? sounds hypocritical.. but it sounds probable. It's easier to be the only "victim" or the one that has the "harder life".

I do wish that many of us here would "pair off" more often though. Or try to, at least.

I did 3 1/2 weeks ago after losing a couple friendships that took 10 years to build (which I admit was my stupid fault). Haven't really cried much in the last 3 years. Before that, I did a lot. I actually still cry on the inside but not enough to show on the outside.

Latest posts

Back