How many ways are there to be lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clio

Reaction score
There are many types of loneliness. It might help to ease the pain if you know what kind of loneliness you are feeling. Please help to add to this list.

Lonely-bored: You are bored and wish there was someone there to distract/amuse you.
Lonely for someone special
Lonely for someone who has left you, you feel abandoned.
Lonely for someone who has passed on (died).
Lonely for a group, community which has dissipated.
Lonely for times gone by (nostalgia).
Lonely because you feel you SHOULD be with people.
Lonely because you don't really WANT to be with anyone.
Lonely because you are afraid to be with others, even though you want to be.
Lonely because you just don't know where to find friends.
Lonely because you are anxious about making friends in appropriate settings.
Lonely because you can't find the PERFECT friend or mate.

Some of these are long-term issues, some not, but people who feel lonely need reassurance and sometimes professional help. Try to figure out why you feel lonely, and maybe others can give specific help and advice.[/size][/font]

Hmmm. I would place myself second on the list. Lonely for someone special. That's how it feels, anyway.

So many of those fit for me. Also when you are around people you are left alone/feel alone because there is no connecton with others.

Lonely-bored: You are bored and wish there was someone there to distract/amuse you.

All of these are me. Though I would change the last one and remove the word "PERFECT". I'm not looking for perfect friends or a perfect mate simply because I'm no where near perfect and perfect people scare me :D So I'm looking for friends and a mate who are like-minded.

clio said:
There are many types of loneliness. It might help to ease the pain if you know what kind of loneliness you are feeling. Please help to add to this list.

Lonely for someone who has passed on (died).
Lonely for a group, community which has dissipated.
Lonely for times gone by (nostalgia).
Lonely because you feel you SHOULD be with people.
Lonely because you don't really WANT to be with anyone.
Lonely because you are afraid to be with others, even though you want to be.

Some of these are long-term issues, some not, but people who feel lonely need reassurance and sometimes professional help. Try to figure out why you feel lonely, and maybe others can give specific help and advice.[/size][/font]

Lonely because you are the one with all the responsibility and nobody to help with it.

lonely because the only person that truly, fully, and honestly loves you unconditionally, understands you without reasoning, and fills you with unprecedented happiness is so far, far away, waiting for you in heaven. save me God.

Latest posts

Back