How Much Have You Healed A Little In Various Issues Since You First Joined The Forum?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Issues Of Yours Have Healed Since You First Joined Here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doubt The Rabbit said:
Haha, that's not the case. In fact I am involved in as little drama as a person could be. What it is, is that the drama of which barb and I speak isn't just in the forums. Also, if you look through the closed threads sections, as well as seen posts before they've been "self-edited," you'll see there's a lot more going on than there seems. The mods are just being very careful of keeping these things out of the way so as to keep the experience of the other users positive. There's plenty of things going on behind the scenes and between users personally...we see them. You just have to take a look beyond what's out front.

But, yeah,considering the entire forum could've been in chaos by now, I'd say it's alright here. That wasn't to say that I ever thought the forum was bad. What I meant by my first post was that the drama that I know of has taught me that there will be drama everywhere, no matter what. No sense in holding my own tongue to avoid it, but at the same time, I like to take the time to consider what the other side means by what they say, and how to word my opinion in a way that doesn't offend as much as possible. If that fails, then I won't take it upon myself to feel guilty - whereas I used to feel very guilty for other people's misunderstanding of me before, I don't feel that way now.
That, to me, is an improvement.

Yes, thank you for saying that. :)

I don't think I've "healed" much, this place is just someplace to go where I don't have to hide how I feel. It's more of a relief if anything.

I put "other", I think what it helps was a feeling.. it was "disconnected", as though I lived deep in some hole in the ground, and world went on above ground and people had conversations, and I was part of none of it. To be here allows a place to interact lightly with others, to be able to consider thoughts of others.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Actually she's been here longer than I have. :p It's just a new account. And I don't think I agree with us being better than licensed psychiatrists :rolleyes:

Wait until you see me work my magic :cool:

(hehe)

Peter Lorre said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:
Actually she's been here longer than I have. :p It's just a new account. And I don't think I agree with us being better than licensed psychiatrists :rolleyes:

(hehe)

If you were so magical how come I have more reps than you? :cool:
(smirk)

I honestly don't see how a forum could help me with any serious issues. I've been through the mental health mill, and as far as I can tell the only way to truly get better is to put myself out into the world and force myself to partake in activities that fall outside of my comfort zone. I would say that the greatest benefit of this forum is that it allows people who normally would have no interaction with others to see a small fragment of what socializing is all about, as well as show them that they aren’t alone in the world with their problems. However, once this experience has been attained, I think that’s about as far as the benefit goes, and beyond this point the forum becomes a crutch. Generally, problems can’t be solved by talking about them. Talking can help you come up with a plan of action, but if all a person is doing is sitting at their computer and talking about their problems, nothing will ever change.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Peter Lorre said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:

(hehe)

If you were so magical how come I have more reps than you? :cool:
(smirk)

It's your looks and charm, they outshine my magic and blind/confuse the other members.

One day though... :cool:

Bob Arctor said:
I honestly don't see how a forum could help me with any serious issues. I've been through the mental health mill, and as far as I can tell the only way to truly get better is to put myself out into the world and force myself to partake in activities that fall outside of my comfort zone. I would say that the greatest benefit of this forum is that it allows people who normally would have no interaction with others to see a small fragment of what socializing is all about, as well as show them that they aren’t alone in the world with their problems. However, once this experience has been attained, I think that’s about as far as the benefit goes, and beyond this point the forum becomes a crutch. Generally, problems can’t be solved by talking about them. Talking can help you come up with a plan of action, but if all a person is doing is sitting at their computer and talking about their problems, nothing will ever change.

That's what I keep telling my therapists who keep asking if seeing them to talk about my problems helps me feel better :p No, the problem is still there whether I talk about it or not...the only thing talking does is help me organize my thoughts.

Come and go to college with me! :cool:

Doubt The Rabbit said:
That's what I keep telling my therapists who keep asking if seeing them to talk about my problems helps me feel better :p No, the problem is still there whether I talk about it or not...the only thing talking does is help me organize my thoughts.

Come and go to college with me! :cool:

Exactly, it helps but not directly. Sorry Bunneh, I did the college thing and left in 2003, still paying for it today :p Come to trade school with me :cool:

Latest posts

Back