How not to get angry when you are being ingored

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally can't stand having  robotic conversations every time the same person messages me. There's only so much I can do on my own end to show interest. Quite honestly, if someone randomly messages me and doesn't really pinpoint his interests or why he messaged me, it's going to die off quick. When I message someone on dating sites, I tell them what sparked my interest. But I also don't have the goal of reaching as many people as I can at once...

AmytheTemperamental said:
I personally can't stand having  robotic conversations every time the same person messages me. There's only so much I can do on my own end to show interest. Quite honestly, if someone randomly messages me and doesn't really pinpoint his interests or why he messaged me, it's going to die off quick. When I message someone on dating sites, I tell them what sparked my interest. But I also don't have the goal of reaching as many people as I can at once...
Ok, fair answer. And agian saying hello doesn't have to be a good or bad thing.  A conversation can easly grow from a hello. So of anything good in my opinion

So why aren't they then?

Why arent they replying? At all? Most ignore me with a hello, for other reasons I am sure. But I was referring to the people I actually had conversations with already. They seem to get turned off for some reason or the other. All at the same time too. Very weird

" On top of that no replies from new people I sent messages to. Does this sound odd unusual? Time to get off this dating site?"

" On top of that no replies from new people I sent messages to. Does this sound odd unusual? Time to get off this dating site?"

Yes? Is it?

Well, I told you why I didn't find that odd. You can seek validation or you can seek alternative methods. I won't torture you :p

I had a couple if people that stopped replying after chatting for a bit. Other than that after messging a bunch of new people. I got no responses. Yes! Makes me want to just log off rather than tweak my profile

You could have nothing written in your profile and get a better response to saying more than Hello. ...

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
There can always be a negative.  She could be playing you, she could be laughing at you, she could have some other nefarious reason for saying hello back.  And then there's the she's just being polite because she's nice and doesn't want to ignore people, yet really wanting nothing to do with you.

So yeah, there can always be a negative.  If you think there can't be, regardless of the situation, then you are in denial.

So in other words you are giving me a pessimists type answer as to why a hello is not very good..ok??

When you say there is NOTHING negative about something...yeah.  Because there is always a negative side.  To everything.

First callie this whole topic was about being ignored entirely
So getting a reply back hello to me right off is only a good thing.
Now, getting something after that? Well this was regarding a dating site. So who knows. But hello to me is good

Is that really the type of mind-set you have or want one to have.

She said hello to be nice? Yeah!! Hopefully she is nice. That is the idea

Hello as opener doesn't have to equate robatic convo.
That is just terrible that you feel that way. That is some robotic thinking

I am aware of what the topic is about....are you? Because you're derailing your thread, because a hello isn't ignoring. Don't say NEVER when it is clearly not NEVER and I won't show you how it's not NEVER.

TheRealCallie said:
I am aware of what the topic is about....are you?  Because you're derailing your thread, because a hello isn't ignoring.  Don't say NEVER when it is clearly not NEVER and I won't show you how it's not NEVER.

Yes. I am supprised that you are picking a part something that most people would precieves a good thing. 

Oh, I get it. Amy said she wwould say hello back. And that is good. But here is the thing. Most people are not like amy and won't even reply to hello for whatever reason. I still think it really has less to to with your initial opener and more to do with the context of your profile and photos.

But - if someone gets an hello back. Better than nothing. I think everyone would agree. No one likes to get ghosted. You like when
I use the new hip slang??

Most people are smarter than me and don't get caught up in pointless conversations. I agree.

Restless soul said:
But - if someone gets an hello back. Better than nothing. I think everyone would agree. No one likes to get ghosted. You like when

Everyone would not agree, actually.  I do believe people even said that in the thread amy made....

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:

Everyone would not agree, actually.  I do believe people even said that in the thread amy made....

He said the opposite in the thread I made.

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:

He said the opposite in the thread I made.

Who is he?

You. You said you would rather people not reply at all if they aren't interested.

You. You said you would rather people not reply at all if they aren't interested.

Interesting. I would have to see the context within i made such a statement. Right now I can't see why. Sounds vaguely familiar. Can you find that?

Oh, ok..that was my own thread? No?
It regarding rejections. Yes, replies i considerd rude hurtful.
Never a hello. Why would I mind that

Latest posts

Back