How often do you leave your house?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miltonbradley

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's anyone out there in the same boat as me

About 3 years ago it went completely downhill and I've walked out the door maybe 10 times since January '08. My routine has become stare at the wall (literally) lay on the floor, sit at the computer, and sleep. I'm too depressed to care most of the time.

I just have nothing to do. No one to see. Half the times it was to see a doctor for a fake "problem" I made up just so I had a reason to be in public and interact with people (I make sure the consultations are free) The other times it's a simple walk down to the store to get some candy bars which takes about 15 minutes. Well one time I went to the bank to open a new account. That's it.

I must have some sort of social problem because I have zero friends but I don't know what it is. Anyone else just sit inside and never leave the house?

I get out everyday, even if it's just to take a walk around the block. My typical excuse is to go get lunch. I'll just walk a mile or so down the street and eat at a local pizza place or McDonald's or something. Although it's not uncommon for me to go out for a bike ride or just wander around aimlessly for a couple hours.

I actually tried to stay in all day one day recently and I just couldn't do it. I HAD to get out. Although part of that may be that I live in a studio apartment. That tight confined space would probably get to anyone.

weekdays i leave to go to school or work and my big weekend excitement is to go to the grocery store one day. If it happens to be a holiday or a vacation then i am often not outside. So it is unusual for me to go more than four days without going outside. Maybe i am getting worse because it used to be that i had to go outside everyday even if it was to go stand on the front steps for a few seconds then run back inside.

i usually leave once a day. obviously on days i work i leave but i ususally have something to go get on my days off. there have been a few occasions where i dont leave the house on a day off but i usually have to atleast take my roommate to work and pick him up on days off.

Depends what my employment status is. Depends if I have friends around. Depends on the weather, sometimes, or my inclination to go out.

If I'm employed, I leave the house as often as my job requires. And then more, to get things done I can't get done during the day.

If I'm unemployed, "between jobs" or on long holidays, I can sit in all day and do nothing IF I've planned nothing, and I feel there are no friends about. I don't see/make a reason to go out.

If I have friends around, I go see them/be with them etc.

If the weather's bad, I'm more likely to stay in. If it's good, I'm AS likely to do either.

I sometimes stay in for a few days (when I'm not working), or over Christmas (when I dont feel like moving) but apart from that, I'd say I leave the house at least every other day.

I could get up and walk out the house at any time though, I've never felt I can't or won't leave the house.

i work full time, so i leave the house every day. sometimes i have to work on saturdays, so i'm out of the house then too. when i don't work, i try and make the most of my time. sometimes i don't feel like going out and i'll just find something to do at home. i'll normally just read, write, watch tv, or work/play on my computer. i also don't have any friends, so getting out can be tough. i work out a lot, so the gym is where i'll spend a lot of my free time. that's pretty much the only "out" thing that i'll do.

i don't think that you have a "social problem". i think you could have plenty of friends if you look for them. i understand that it's hard to make friends sometimes, and sometimes there are none to be made, but i'm just saying that if you had a good opportunity to make some good friends, i think you could make a handful of them.

best of luck!

I try to get out every day, even if its just for a walk. Socially about every 2 weeks....ish although thats not with 'friends' as such.

Since I have to, it's 6 days per week. Saturdays I'm mostly in. Unless you count being outside for 2 minutes or less and not going more than 10 metres away from house, going out. :p

So, I go, because I study and need to you know, be there, in school.

I've been a recluse at times but lately I've gone out at least a few times a week. There are easier ways to get a little social interaction than making up medical problems. Try going to the park or beach, or shopping, or to a community event, etc.

Hi-
Yes, unless you physically can't leave the house, I think it would be difficult to NOT leave the house for that long of a time.
I go out every day for my full time job which I am very thankful for and always out weekends because I have a 4 year old who demands it. :)

Teresa

Almost everyday, thanks to my job. :)
My grocery shopping style helps too. On days when I'm not working, I usually at least go to the grocery store.

My house is like a pop-can that is getting crushed whenever I am in it.
Home is where the heart is, they say, and my heart is hurting. I can't stay at home for long before running out in a panic.
Hikes, camping, work, gym, grocery, home to cook, eat and bibble on the kompooter, go for a run, go for a beer, go facking krayzy with this isolationist bullshit.

Did you know? You put the banana in your cereal, banana-nah?

I don't have any friends, but I get out because i have to go to school twice a week... soon i will be getting a job so i will have to go out more.

i feel really alone and sad when i am not keeping my mind busy, but no matter what somehow i always start thinking of being lonely again and it makes me very unhappy :(

I get out possibly once every two weeks, with my boyfriend. Sometimes not even that! We live together, and we have no friends locally, so we usually spend our time indoors with each other :)

i deal with agoraphobia, during bad spells it can be once every few weeks. but lately i have taken up running, so i get out for a run a couple times a week. i dont actually interact with anyone, but atleast i get outside a bit.

I get out everyday Monday- Friday because of work. Ans usually at least one or 2 times on the weekend to visit with a friend, or see my family. BUT, there are plenty of weekends that go by that I don't leave the house at all....for any reason.

Latest posts

Back