How old is 24 to start over?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeoneSomewhere

Reaction score
I know that there are people of various ages here and people who regret not doing things at a certain age (me being one of them). Please don't answer this from on how old/young it is for you.

Secondly, please don't answer with "It is never too late to..." - crap. I have heard that one too many times and I feel like the next person to give me such advice should get punched in the face.

Okay, so getting on with the discussion. How old is 24 to start your life over? I mean, leaving everything behind and starting with a clean slate? Friends, a new place to live, etc.?

I am going to be 24 this year and I am kind of in the process of starting over myself. I don't think 24 is too old at all, all I can really say is, don't leave it too long.

If 24 is too late to start over, then you'll spend the next 60 years in the same rut you're in now.

I need more information on what your plans are for your life. Why do you want ot start over? How do you want to start over?

24 is pretty young, probably young enough for many people to start thier life over. But it really depends on the person, thier circumstances, responsibilities and so on. The question is far too complicated for a simple yes or no answer. Like SophiaGrace said, more information would help.

I'm 24. I'm likely going to start my life over in a couple of years... if things go as planned. I wanna remove all this life I have and just start afresh.

My entire career essentially forces me to start over every 4-5 years, you get used to it after awhile. All I gotta say is I'm happy I have online friends, I can take them with me everywhere.

It isn't old at all.

In fact, mid twenties is probably the best time to do it as you have plenty enough time to establish a totally new career, or education path, or friend circle etc that you can carry on for many years after should you want to.

I'm 27 and I'm going back to Uni in September to change career paths completely. I know I have enough time to do this, and still have kids and do the other stuff I wanna do before I'm too old to, and I have a few years on you... so go for it while you still can :)

^Aww Lady X, I admire you there. Good luck with your studies and everything else going for you.

when I hear stories about starting over later in life, I always think of this one:

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/06/12/niagara-falls-barrel

and, yes, everyone who says "it's never too late" and doesn't know her story should indeed be punched :p

I started again at 23, 28, 32, and now at 39 and it seems that this time is going to be the good one :)

wait, the lady in the barrel wasn't really a success story, these are

http://toknowinfo.hubpages.com/hub/...oo-Late-Late-Bloomers-Dreams-and-Achievements

as a very old person myself ;) I rejoice of reading people starting over at age 53, so, yes, I truly believe it can be done

You're never truly too old to start over. But I find that the older you get, the more compromise you're likely going to have to make. Lets face it. If most of us on here want to be happy, we are going to have to settle for less then ideal most of the time.

24 is almost half way to 50... but no its not to late. its only too late if you say it is. its too late when your on ya death bed
smile kido and if it rains on you piss up at the sky!

Hey I am starting my life over from scratch in August and in September I am turning 24. Just find a city you wish to move and look into it, search jobs available in the city, housing and apartment prices, places of interest, crime reports, etc.

It isn't that old..Usually people are done with college at this age and they start a new life in a new place when they're 23 or 24.So I wouldn't call it late.You can't punch us in the face so I am going to say no it isn't late at all.

No. You're never too late. I think most people need change to feel happy and that journey doesn't ever end.

I think you have a fighting chance at 24. Older people have had great turnarounds in life.

SomeoneSomewhere said:
I know that there are people of various ages here and people who regret not doing things at a certain age (me being one of them). Please don't answer this from on how old/young it is for you.

Secondly, please don't answer with "It is never too late to..." - crap. I have heard that one too many times and I feel like the next person to give me such advice should get punched in the face.

Okay, so getting on with the discussion. How old is 24 to start your life over? I mean, leaving everything behind and starting with a clean slate? Friends, a new place to live, etc.?

Hmm from my perspective? (oh no you don't want that)
Hmm its not to late to start over? (oh no you don't want that)
Hmmm it is too late to start over?

What am I supposed to say, tell me and I'll say it. Not sure how to answer that without incurring your wrath!

Latest posts

Back