How to feel better with the way you look

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockyracoon

Reaction score
Hey there

I used to feel ugly but found a way to get over it real fast, I thought I would share it.

I used to go on a website (it has closed by now, but I'm pretty sure there are many other like this) which has a webcam chat. Basically it consisted of several chatrooms and you could see everyone's webcam and talk with text or microphone.
Well that's what helped me, just showing my face on webcam and talking with others.
I can't recommend you any website like this because I can't do this anymore because of health issues, but I'm sure it's easy to find.

You will probably be able to see yourself as everyone else does and realize there's nothing wrong with the way you look.

If you have that kind of problem, I really recommend you to try this, it did work for me.
Good luck now :)

but there's probably not. lets say you are not beautiful. so what? most people aren't and it doesn't condemn them to life of celibacy or loneliness.

now what if you just believe that you are ugly. i'm sure we have all met attractive people who did not believe they were attractive. they were but didn't know.

i am sort of an ugly duckling. in the sense that i always felt very awkward and never took pride in my appearance.

no one finds vanity attractive. but if you are vain you do help your own ego. i once lived with a guy who criticized my appearance and compared me to his "hotter" and "cuter" (cough cough gag hag hag) girlfriend. (it turned my stomach to be treated that way, but that's another story for another time.)

anyway, she was really vain. she always had her video cam on and had a million pics of herself pulling model faces. so, i actually started doing it too. and it really helped me to become more confident about my appearance. its all the development of physical pride until you like your appearance and feel good about yourself.

it doesn't hurt to be vain. if a little voice in the back of your head tells you to stop admiring yourself in the mirror, ignore it. just love yourself. certainly more annoying people love themselves. why should they get all the love?

The best way to not feel ugly is to not be ugly.

If someone's in shape, takes care of their hygiene, and has no acne or bad teeth, and dresses and grooms well, they can't be ugly.

SocratesX said:

If someone's in shape, takes care of their hygiene, and has no acne or bad teeth, and dresses and grooms well, they can't be ugly.

......and off we go.......again

Wow sokratz you're such a deep thinker. Have you ever heard of the word shallow before? Never mind, I'm not going to feed you troll.

SocratesX said:

Yes they can, it's called bad bone structure. Dont care what shape your in and how flawless your skin, if you nose points east when you look north and your chin kinda points towards the sky... You probably ugly.. but fortunately, if your not a *********, theirs hope.

Tex Is Lost said:
SocratesX said:

......and off we go.......again

Yeah... Don't even try. It's not going to work.

Being model gorgeous doesn't promise that the person feels that way. Common sense must have missed you on that one.

Get a haircut.

Seriously, I don't consider myself ugly but I hate when my hair gets too long and I start to feel unattractive. I go get my hair cut and when its done right I feel...prettier. (now everyone break into song I feel pretty oh so pretty). This goes for people I know who aren't quite attractive, when they get their hair cut or bother to style it they look so much better.

Well, I don't think that I'm hideous nor do I think that the stereotypical "hot" blonde on that air-brushed bikini magazine's attractive. Sure, it's been scientifically proven that facial symmetry relates to beauty etc etc.. that's why some people get haircuts that would look good with their face shape and all that. Personally, I focus on taking care of my face and hair. I don't take 5hours to style it, maybe a good 20-25minutes every morning. In terms of dressing, I don't follow the latest trends but just dress the way I want to. I used to not care about what I wore due to immaturity, thinking that it was stupid to "conform". Now, I see it as more of creatively expressing myself.. abit like working on art. That's the thing see, I believe that we're all like pieces of art. I don't appeal to everyone and that doesn't matter to me because I will appeal to some. I also like to cycle for about an hour, five times a week. I'm someone who thinks alot and gets caught up in my head often, so I find physical exercise to be beneficial. In a way, I'm more in touch with my body and health.
All these make me feel better about how I look.. which I would say to be normal. I mean... I can't imagine myself cuddling the mirror while licking my reflection ... *shivers*. :p

When I'm at the convenience store and some "hot chick" from my school, walks in and grabs a protein diet bar... It makes me feel better that I can enjoy a wide variety of food (in moderation) and she's limiting herself 8) ~~
*Shrugs* Whatever floats people's boats.

Latest posts

Back