How to get a girlfriend having no friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You never will. Nobody will. It's not possible. I have yet to see a woman who isn't shallow or materialistic. Hell, I have yet to meet a girl period. I have yet to meet anybody on this earth who isn't materialistic in some way. Yes I think it's wrong. No, there is NOT a difference between being shallow and having a preference. Every "preference" you have will always snub and exclude someone else who doesn't share that same preference. And of course, those people you snub are going to be hurting because of it. Even if you don't mean for that to happen. It still will. So when a woman says she wants a man who is financially stable or has money, the guys who are financially stable nod, but the guys who work at walmart or collect disability for mental illness are on the other side of the room saying wow, what am I going to do? I can't overcome this standard women have, I guess I'm SOL.

I feel it's a no-situation for many guys. Stuff like mental illness, poverty, depression, lack of friends, lack of a place in society, and any issues related to that are the kiss of death when it comes to attracting a female. It really is a strike system. The more strikes, the worse off you are.

Nowadays we live in a society where it's all about your financial status, your looks, and how good you can lie and decieve people either with a fake personality or anything else. But nobody's perfect themselves. I think that's a huge issue itself. We are programmed (dare I say women are more vulnerable to this programming) on what is good and what is bad. Yeah, you might say I'm crazy for arguing with this "attraction" process, but I do think things have gotten worse. And I do think one gender has the cards stacked against them in the current era.

I care about what other people think of me. There is nothing wrong with that. That just is the way I am, and means I'm concious, and careful towards how I project myself and display myself to other human beings. I'm an honest person and I'm straight forward. I can't change that, and don't really want to. I'm not like the guys in the hollywood movies, I'm just me.

I think if a guy has to change himself in order to get a female or member of the opposite sex into his life, women should have to change as well. If I, as a male, need to take some "provider" role and have money just to say hello to a woman or get to know her then I expect something from the woman as well. Not sex either. Women need to bring something to the table besides sex, and I think alot of them don't really anything but that, unfortunately. It's not supposed to be a one way street. When 2 people are potential partners both are supposed to bring something to the table, it's not supposed to be one person doing everything and have the advantage. That is wrong. I also think it's really ironic, how women still expect men to be financially stable but they created a mainstream movement called feminism that demands equal rights and financial opportunities in the workforce. So what one is it? keep men chained in these ancient "roles" while women have freedom or make it fair for all of us?

I think the claim about women only dating/being interested/marrying "up" is in fact, true. Seems like everywhere I look, I'll see a normal guy, who has a disabled girlfriend who is deaf, autistic, or a parapalegic. Maybe women like that are easy to decieve, maybe it's because men have more compassion. On the other side of the coin, It's very rare that I'll see a normal woman together with a disabled man. Never any men who have these same kind of handicaps. It gives me some proof to support the claim that women only date up and aren't interested in men who are "inferior" to them, and I think that's really awful if women are like that. Like I can go on these dating sites for people with bi-polar, and there's like thousands and thousands of men who say they never had a girlfriend, but there's limited numbers of women, and most of them are divorced with 3 kids. It's just really weird. I've gathered so much proof to support my theory of the dating scene and relationship scene system being stacked against men and in favor of women, but none of the contrary (that this is just a conspiracy theory).

I was listening to a radio show the other day, and suprisingly they were talking about this exact topic. Trying to find a girlfriend when you have no friendships of either gender. The consensus was, it was not possible.

I don't know, alot of things in this life make no sense to me, especially dating and relationships. You won't get to know someone, even as a friend, unless they have a job? you won't talk to someone unless they already have friends? how can people even think like this? My standards are nothing compared to what the rest of the masses in society looks for.

If I can't even get one soul, on this 7 billion populated planet, to take me seriously, or be my friend, what are my chances of getting a girl to like me and fall for me? If I can't even go outside somewhere, look at someone, and say hello, and establish some kind of connection with another soul how am I supposed to get a person of the opposite sex?

I've been isolated and truly lonely since I was 15. Not isolated in the idea of trapping myself in a closet or anything, I still lived and am living, did what I had to do, went out, continued my purpose as a human, which was to survive. But I was still lonely on the inside, and still lonely on the outside because I had no "friends" and still don't. I never spent teenage years going to parties or getting first kisses or first dates or losing virginity. I never had tons of contacts in a cell phone. I was truly alone, with nobody to talk. I wish I had friends in real life, but it's been so long, and now I'm just permanently the quiet type, and anti-social type, unless it's a person like me. Confrontational people aren't my type. It's hard to explain what type is.Being me and existing turns people off, and I can't change other people, so it doesn't matter really what I do, as much as I'd like for things to be different.

I'm white, and I'm only interested in white girls. I'm also skinny, and I'm only interested in thin women. I'd like her to be honest, rational, maybe a little funny sometimes, preferably a christian. If she had no friends, I'd see that as a plus, more time for US! HTF is that a negative to people? Are we turning into soul-less drones or something? This goes back to what I said about the media telling us lonely people are not to be trusted and dangerous to society, which is more propaganda.

Meanwhile, a woman expects a man to have a certain income levels, a certain type of looks (usually whatever hollywood throws at us) and of course a certain personality (emo generation, thug gangster tough guy attitude) and of course he needs to have a car and live on his own. He also needs to not be a virgin, otherwise he's a serial killer in denial and have a social life, and social status.

and again, you might say what does it matter if women have higher expectations for men? well, I'll tell you why. Because it's a slap in the face to the guy who can't meet those expectations that women have. I'm on the other side, without the chance to compete, of course it's going to hurt me.

It hurts. That's why.

Now you know why those guys say they are forced to be lonely and single?

At least the guy admits that women care alot about money. More importantly, women can be just as shallow as everyone says men are!

[video=youtube]

A little learning is a dangerous thing: drink deep or taste not the Pieran spring - Alexander Pope

You seem to know an awful lot about relationships and women given that you've never ever met one. If there ever was an candidate for a little learning being dangerous, you would be it.

1) "Women are shallow and materialistic."

Correction, people are shallow and materialistic. Which includes women, yes, because women are also people. You are no better; and indeed, its odd that you don't notice that you vastly contradict yourself.

Every "preference" you have will always snub and exclude someone else who doesn't share that same preference. And of course, those people you snub are going to be hurting because of it. Even if you don't mean for that to happen.

And then you note of your preferences toward white skinny preferably Christian women. Is that now hurting and wrong? Are you now shallow, too?

2)"I think if a guy has to change himself in order to get a female or member of the opposite sex into his life, women should have to change as well."

Many young women virtually spend their entire lives from sixteen up(if not even younger) on How To Be Pretty and Desireable, where it becomes almost a fundamental aspect of their very core and being. How is that not 'changing' yourself?

3) "I also think it's really ironic, how women still expect men to be financially stable but they created a mainstream movement called feminism that demands equal rights and financial opportunities in the workforce."

The world is not always logical.

Personal preference and being able to have opportunities otherwise also don't have to coincide; I know of many girls who really only wish to be housewives, but would also firmly defend the rights of other women to do whatever they want. It makes sense - just because she doesn't want to be a say, firefighter, doesn't mean that she believes that all other women should be excluded by virtue of gender.

Your own preferences are a slap to the face of women who don't have it and who might be interested in you; and some women may also have preferences that 'slap you' in the face. The difference is that your condition can yet be changed, and the change will promote growth and awareness in yourself. Whereas, your preferences in women seem to be pretty fixed in fundamental qualities.

Attraction is ultimately at least partially instinctual, and that's why criticizing it is so futile. Assuming that women were in fact more generally drawn to confident men with resources, then it is no more 'wrong' than noting that men are more generally drawn to women with large chests and narrow waists. And biologically, there are reasons for both.

firebird85 said:
Girls who TRULY don't care or mind about a guy's financial situation, living situation, and materialistic status are hard to find. My dad told me materialism and stuff like that is a current trend, and when he was young, people still had a sense of decency in them and relationships weren't based on stuff like that, but more of who the person was on the inside.

I may be in the minority, but I couldn't give a honeysuckle less about materialism. Now, if said guy is going to come in and mooch off me (this would be, of course, if I had the means to be mooched off of) without trying to help himself get on his own feet, then yes, I would have a problem with that.

^_^ I am drinking.. so.. all the reading is making hard.... :p anyway I have the gist....

I would like to say while I can't see straight. I would rather a woman stop wanting/loving me for some reason. Then to have one who will always love me regardless of whatever. It shows she has standards and that I have really earned her love.

I would say coming from personal experience, the best advice I've received is to make a habit of getting out of your comfort zone.

Normally I'm the shy type I have no friends in the town I live in. I was having a smoke at the community college where I take a few classes and a girl came by to sit and have a smoke. I was a bit nervous and kind of avoided her. I realized I was trying to stay in my comfort zone.

It's not that I was interested in finding a girl friend, or looking for a number, this person could have been anybody and because I didn't want to stay in my comfort zone I decided to just start up a conversation.

I asked if it was okay if I joined her for a smoke and just started talking.

I surprised myself, I got her number and was all set to pick her up from work the next day because her car was in the shop. I ended up spending the next day with her and her cousin and her cousin's husband.

I wasn't looking for a date or a partner or anything, just a friend. I was very nervous the whole time hanging out with them, but despite how nervous I was the whole time, it was a lot more interesting than just doing the same thing I do everyday.

We haven't hung out since and she kind of avoids, me, but that was just 1 attempt. It would stand to reason if I did that 100 times with 100 different people, eventually I might meet some one of interest.

Put yourself into social situations. Places where there are people. Don't focus so much on finding a relationship. Focus on finding friends. And if you can make a habit of stepping out of your comfort zone, eventually one of those friends might turn out to be some one of the opposite sex who is interested in you a little more than a friend, and then the nervous and scary fun of that can begin.

That's sort of the mentality I have, but the opportunities for me don't exist, even working. I'm also not interested in getting to know older people, but more younger people, since I missed out on those in my teenage years. Maybe getting out more is the answer for everyone here dealing with this.....I still think there's more....

firebird85 said:
That's sort of the mentality I have, but the opportunities for me don't exist, even working. I'm also not interested in getting to know older people, but more younger people, since I missed out on those in my teenage years. Maybe getting out more is the answer for everyone here dealing with this.....I still think there's more....

Knowledge is the answer, always. I really don't think you should be constantly trying to exclude people 'you aren't interested in getting to know,' because all knowledge is valuable. You can judge and decide afterward on that knowledge, but never try to deny yourself the very presence of it.

IgnoredOne said:
firebird85 said:

Knowledge is the answer, always. I really don't think you should be constantly trying to exclude people 'you aren't interested in getting to know,' because all knowledge is valuable. You can judge and decide afterward on that knowledge, but never try to deny yourself the very presence of it.

Well, someone told me a good thought yesterday about the whole shallow thing. If you are expecting a person to be working and living on their own, but you are some fat girl living in your hillbilly dads trailer park and have no job at all, you have a problem.

It's the "expecting more out of everyone else, when I have nothing to bring to the table..." that gets to me. I have seen girls who are unemployed, but they want a guy who will take them out and support them. That's just wrong, and I sleep good at night knowing karma will strike back at stuff like that.

The best thing I care about or "expect" out of a girl is to get to know me and develop a loving relationship.

I am out of my "comfort zone" when I'm at work. Doesn't do anything to help me. Sure I know people, talk to people, but it's not what I need. I'm like a person in a race, everyone passed the finish line but I'm 7 years behind. Socially starved and romantically suicided into oblivion, female interaction deprived. I'm about 15 years behind when it comes to the females. The one thing I blame females for the most is ignoring my existance when I was young and around the right environments, because if they interacted with me back then, I would know what to do nowadays, but life doesn't always work out for some of us.

How many guys do you know who can tell you that they NEVER had a girlfriend, NEVER had many friends, NEVER had any kind of dates or relationships or flirting or kisses or anything of the sort? Oh, and is still a virgin, and doesn't even have a chance of hugging a girl let alone having "fun in the bedroom" with. But some of us want more then just even that.

That TFL thing actually makes alot of sense to me, in simple terms. All women have certain expectations. Like the man needs to be somewhat good looking (natural), and a job and place to live. All females are looking for this. That CANNOT be denied. Unless you want to deny 2+2 equals 4. So women have these expectations. The guys who can fufill those expectations are there. Happy ending there right? But there is one problem. Some guys can't meet the standards, so they get excluded. Rejected. "Forced" out. That's what the True forced loneliness is.

What happens to the guys who can't fufill those expectations that ALL women have? That's what the black guy in the video IS SAYING! "There are many that get forced out."

Hi All.

I am female in my 40's just for reference.

While I think it is harder to find a mate without friends it is very possible. It is possible because I know of men who have zero friends find a mate.

My mother's long term mate was one. They were together for 30+ years. My mother was very social and her social life became his to a big degree.

I have a gf who married a guy with no friends. Now, she admits she doesn't like this but she still married him! She has tons of friends and I am sure to her, she can't understand it.

Having said that I also think it's always good for everyone, male or female, to become more whole. A whole as possible. That means developing yourself as much as possible.

I have a bf now but I am working to enhance mine and his social life. We have a social life...a little one but I'd like to feel more whole. I don't ask him to fulfill all of it because he can't and should not....so I am trying to step up to the plate.

I agree that for a real caring relationship it's not about status, or money, or looks even...it really is about connecting and caring about another person. And, while you may enjoy them being the other sex, you are still *friends* and connecting as "passionate friends", if that makes sense.

Not everyone is shallow. I don't know the percentage of shallow women out there but I can say I am not one of them. I've been with poor artists and was pretty happy. The lack of funds was doable. If you are in love that is really the truth.

Firebird....I hear your pain. Much of what you say is true but it's not the whole truth. Believe you have value. I know that is hard but from your emails, you appear to be very intelligent and have value. I can't answer all your concerns tonight...but just wanted to support you.

I wish it was not about status and money, and looks. But it is. My looks don't help me. Nothing does. I mean, people see me, work with me, and think I'm all normal and happy. But on the inside, I'm totally lost. And the fact that I never had anyone gets to me, it really does feel like "true forced loneliness" to me. And it goes for lacking a social life too. Someone might get to know me, but if I told them..."look, I haven't had a social life for years, I missed out on the teen years, and I never had a girlfriend or friendships with girls either" they'd just be shocked and concerned about how night and day the difference is from the inside and outside. "are you serious? how could you say that? how could you live your life like that?" I don't know how I do. I don't call it pain. I just consider it dissapointment. Hopelessness. After a few decades it changes your soul. Sometimes it's unbearable for me. There's no way a person like me can go on in life and watch what I never had a chance to have...and not be hurt about it...

Alot of people misunderstand true forced loneliness, even I did until yesterday. What it really describes is not having what it takes to get a relationship (in my case the first ever), and/or friendships (again, sadly, something I never had to a full extent) and in some cases not being ABLE to gain or acquire what it takes, and because of that, a person feels "forced" out. That makes perfect sense to me, and sounds like the natural response a person like myself would have.

I might seem normal to someone I might on the outside like in a work environment or social event, or business transaction, but if they only knew how I really feel. What I really live and have no choice but to cope with every milisecond I'm alive.

If they only knew.

firebird85 said:
I wish it was not about status and money, and looks. But it is. My looks don't help me. Nothing does. I mean, people see me, work with me, and think I'm all normal and happy. But on the inside, I'm totally lost.

Assuming you feel that it is about status and money, why not try to get that?

Why should I. That's not what a relationship or love is based off of. You are brainwashed by the society.

firebird85 said:
Why should I. That's not what a relationship or love is based off of. You are brainwashed by the society.

Well, in that case, it isn't as much "force" as much as a choice. Its like saying, "Well, I guess if you want a cookie you should pull a lever" and you reply "LEVERS ARE MORALLY EVIL AND WRONG!!! YOU FORCE ME TO NEVER HAVE COOKIES."

btw, I'm not even necessarily agreeing with your thesis. But the idea that you're being 'forced' is silly even by your estimation, as you're just refusing to do what it takes to get a relationship(by the rules that you've set for the universe), then.

I'll probably edit this and elaborate a little bit more when I'm more awake.

Your advice is horrible, not only to me, but any other male going through this. Material items so we may or may not become "valued" to women is crap. You're supposed to like someone for who they are, not what they have.

Don't bother editing anything.

firebird85 said:
Your advice is horrible, not only to me, but any other male going through this. Material items so we may or may not become "valued" to women is crap. You're supposed to like someone for who they are, not what they have.

Don't bother editing anything.

And guess what, "who a woman is" is also not her race, her weight, her appearance or her age, yet you've made it plain and evident that you will reject women unless they are not your particular specification. So you are allowed preferences, but not women?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Have you thought /why/ women might value things such as status or acquisitions? Or is it easier to condemn without thinking? You talk as if I've never been single, or if I haven't grown up alone - but frankly, my upbringing was even more alone, as in literally completely separate from society. You have an absolute unwillingness to learn, and instead, live by basically prejudice and personal bias, which doesn't even make sense by your own logic.

Ignorance is the state we all begin in, and that is fine. But when someone remains willfully ignorant for no reason, then it is a genuine evil to be condemned.

I'm seperate from materialism. That's all. You are trying to suggest typical feminist sexist propaganda, like that "women are superior because of this and that", which is absurd.

firebird85 said:
I'm seperate from materialism. That's all. You are trying to suggest typical feminist sexist propaganda, like that "women are superior because of this and that", which is absurd.

And judging a woman on her race, her thinness and her age isn't material at all? Explain that. Just please.

Anyone who thinks I'm feminist is serious off his rocker.

Now you are going to try and paint me as a bad guy because I won't conform to the bullshit of society. Me going by looks is natural. Money and a feminist getting equal rights in the work force but still demanding "financial security" is materialism. Anything from money to what house a guy lives in, and what education he has. All materialism.

firebird85 said:
Now you are going to try and paint me as a bad guy because I won't conform to the bullshit of society. Me going by looks is natural.

Guess what - women have always gravitated toward men with security, too, throughout history. Its just as natural.

firebird85 said:
Money and a feminist getting equal rights in the work force but still demanding "financial security" is materialism.

That's because feminism can be hypocritical at times too. But that doesn't mean that you're smelling any more of roses.

You judging women by looks is exactly as "wrong" as some women judging men by security. I don't think that you're the 'bad guy'; I think that you're very ignorant and intent on blaming people rather than taking responsibility for, well, anything in your life. By your own logic, you are hypocritical, permitting you to judge women but not allowing them to make choices in the men they want. That's frankly, ridiculous.

Your entire thesis is full of holes, of course, but I'm using /your/ logic and it is still laughably wrong.

Latest posts

Back