How to transition??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadokai

Reaction score
Okay so I'm friends with this one girl.

I like her, and I THINK she kind of likes me too or she might, not sure. We've hung out, i've taken her dancing (toniight actually, haha).

So I'm wondering..how do I transition from this stage of friends to her being my gf?? Do we hang out more first?

How exactly does the transition happen any way? From being just few dates to actually being my gf??

lol plz don't flame me, I'm a newb >_<

wadokai said:
lol plz don't flame me, I'm a newb >_<

No one is gonna flame you, Silly :p You know, sometimes it's hard to know if someone wants to take things a little further. If you want to be safe, I would say wait and spend more time with her. That way she will have more time to get to know you and vise versa.
Girls have a way of letting you know they like you :) I think you will know when the time comes.
Good luck! Hope everything goes the way you want it to. :)

I'm assuming you've broken the touch barrier, since you're going dancing etc. Is she giving you any physical signals like wanting to hold your hand all the time, brush "accidentally" up against you etc. Do you hug eachother a lot, and not in the "pat on the back" sort of way?

Well, from a female's perspective, if a dude likes me and we went out dancing and such, I'd appreciate it if he told me. Asking doesn't hurt, or bringing up the idea to her.

@Deliveryguy : Umm when we hugged last, she did give an extra squeeze, and when we danced we did dance a bit close... I do'nt know if that counts

@ Vanillacreme : What do I exactly say? "I like you"....lol now what?? Thats what I am having trouble with, if I do tell her I like her, what do i say after? "Be my girL" ?? lol so unsure :-(

She squeezed...like it was like a normal hug but she was hugging harder

she likes you dude.

i wouldn't ask her to be your gf just like that, if she becomes your girlfriend it happens naturally. so instead of asking, giving her a quick kiss on the lips when you tell her goodnight or something, should send her a signal of your intentions. if that's too much, you can start by kissing her cheek, fast and light.

when you hug, try lightly stroking her hair (or cheek if the position allows it, though hair might be the safest way to go at first) when she's very close to you, alternatively (or both) lightly grabbing the back of the head and, again, lightly, pushing it "into" the hug can be a good thing. some girls might not like that though, if they feel "trapped". tread carefully.

also, what do you guys usually talk about when you are together? does she confide in you, does she tell you personal stuff, troubles etc?

When you hug, where are your hands? one hand on the back of the head, and the other on her lower back is good.

Latest posts

Back