Human Compatibility.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Izzy said:
Absolutely. Boredom is definitely a major factor.

I believe it is also important to realize it is not the ONLY factor.

Falling very deep into the "observer" category myself, I have to point out that being the observer as opposed to the participant has a lot to do with self-evaluation. I can define myself as a very self-regulating, introspective person, and am constantly concerned for my own well-being as well as how I am affecting others. As a result of this, I feel that I am often neglecting the conversation/social situation and am too self aware, which makes me come off as awkward. Which is sad, because I am truly concerned for the other person and what the think of me and how I am portraying myself (ironic, no?)

I think a common characteristic of those whom we praise as being "socially adapted" is a lack of self-awareness. These people don't censor themselves. They say what is on their minds at the moment. Other terms often used for this are "immaturity", "dumbing down" and sometimes "drunkenness" (small joke :D). See what I mean?

Hi Izzy

I agree with you, over the last little while I have stopped sensoring myself (short of being crude) and people seem more interested. Now I am aware I am doing this, but watch people - to me these discussions and interactions are just fluff and have no real meaning. This seems to be where the population wants to be is in the fluff. Is life that tough, that we want to live in that layer - I don't know, but I think if we all dug in deeper maybe there would be less lonelyness:)

Latest posts

Back