Humans Are Pricks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Late last night I brought my 21yo niece and her boyfriend to the local pool hall. The two of them are Goth. It's not my cup of tea, but whatever turns your crank. I don't judge them, they have the right to express themselves in any way they see fit. That being said, we got there and the staff wouldn't allow them in!

The excuse they gave was that it might make others in the place a little uncomfortable. I couldn't believe my ears. Their money spends the same way as the other people's does in that place. I'm not done with that hole.

This is just one more example that we as a society are headed straight to Hell. We have terrorists killing thousands upon thousands of innocent people. Huge drug cartels, and racism runs rampant. Not to mention all the cats in jail for murder/rape, and we have the audacity to blame God for all of this and wonder why He allows it to go on.

We make choices in life, and we must accept the consequences of our choices. I believe in Aliens, but I don't know why they would wan't to travel to Earth. We suck.

Godspeed.
LK

That's appauling. How stupid. It goes to show how ignorant people are. Besides, goths are great. Ever listen to their music, Lone Killer?
Diversity is the spice of humanity. And ya know whats funny as hell? I bet ya they would have let Jeffrey Dahmer in. **giggles**

292079_209807385752606_100001700373386_526333_652228726_n.jpg

Wow...that's so stupid. I knew a couple of Goth's in high school (they've been around that long) and they were the coolest chicks. It's not like they are hurting anyone except for getting the occasional looks. Seriously though, by now we shouldn't even blink an eye at that. What was this pool hall, an upscale one where you require a tie or sports coat to get in?

Naleena said:
That's appauling. How stupid. It goes to show how ignorant people are. Besides, goths are great. Ever listen to their music, Lone Killer?
Diversity is the spice of humanity. And ya know whats funny as hell? I bet ya they would have let Jeffrey Dahmer in. **giggles**
They welcome all serial killers who eat their prey. Just don't waltz in wearing a nose ring. That could trigger World War III.

P.S. Luv the image!

Bigots have to have a target. They get sued for sending away black or Hispanics, so they find another target.

Sci-Fi said:
Wow...that's so stupid. I knew a couple of Goth's in high school (they've been around that long) and they were the coolest chicks. It's not like they are hurting anyone except for getting the occasional looks. Seriously though, by now we shouldn't even blink an eye at that. What was this pool hall, an upscale one where you require a tie or sports coat to get in?
Not really an upscale one, but a fairly decent looking place. Been around for several years. You pay for a couple of hours of play. If it was joint for snobs, I definitely would have cussed them out. I hate people who think that they are better than you because of their lifestyle.

Well, that didn't make any sense. I've never met anyone goth before, but I'm sure they're not evil people. That was just as unfair as racial profiling.

They didn't even *do* anything.

Look away from the people who make you uncomfortable! *covers eyes*

Humans have been pricks for centuries. Did you ever hear that legend about Vlad the Impaler?

Apparently one of his servants got sick of the sight and smell of thousands of impaled corpses all over the place and politely complained. Vlad then had him mounted on a huge spike above it all, so that he would no longer be able to smell it :(

The Vlads of today may not always be in kingly positions or able to sentence people to excruciating deaths at will, so instead they like to do everything within their grasp to make life a misery at a more petty level.

This is really lame, I'd like to think it wouldn't happen where I live, but who knows. It's definitely 100% illegal here, anyhow.

Yet I would argue that in general the world is more accepting of differences than it used to be...even if stupid crap like that still happens all over the place. I'm pretty sure that in the past, someone clothed differently would be shunned even more, in most countries anyway. And as for racism, that was even worse. Then, there was also discrimination of religion pretty much everywhere. Sure, all of this still happens, but in some places, it happens to a much lower degree.

Good grief. I'm glad it hasn't happened to me yet. I don't identify as goth, but a lot of people have told me I look like I am. Oh, gee. I wear all black and have purple hair. Guess that totally takes away from the fact that I'm a soccer mom who does Reiki.

Goth girls can be hot.

That is one restaurant that is willing to turn down potential customers? Wow. Moronic.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Apparently one of his servants got sick of the sight and smell of thousands of impaled corpses all over the place and politely complained. Vlad then had him mounted on a huge spike above it all, so that he would no longer be able to smell it :(

Wow, I never heard of that one. I think I would rather work for Donald Trump.

As people have said already; very stupid. The loss is the pool hall's (though no fun twist to a expectedly nice evening out). I have quite poor faith in people, on the big whole. Looking at individuals, you can afford to opptimistc - I sure know quite a lot of nice ones. Enough to put the scale to an even at least. Looking at humanity as a whole, though - nah. That's the feeling I've had for a while.

IgnoredOne said:
Goth girls can be hot.

That is one restaurant that is willing to turn down potential customers? Wow. Moronic.

I agree, real gothic girls can be beautiful.

On the other hand, if a group of heavily armed Visigoths or Ostrogoths entered my place, I would probably be the one leaving as soon as possible :( Do you know where the term vandal got it's name?

Yeah, there's something about black lipstick and dark eyeliner on ladies that gets the heart beating quickly. On ladies. Guys just look like failed auditions for the vampire part in the local play.

(Edit - I was kidding, of course. Since I haven't stated my opinion on this explicitly, yeah, the behaviour of that place was pretty disgusting.)

Speaking as an ex goth or lapsed I should say thats a bit crappy. However no where near as bad as the case of Sophie Lancaster who was beaten along with her boyfriend solely because they were goths. He escaped with his life she however did not. So lets put this not getting let into a place because of how you are dressed slightly in perspective.

Lol.. I'm partially goth, and when I still had my hair long - people would literally avoid me on the train, I'd have 4 seats all to myself while people would actually be standing in the hallways - the train was that crowded. Even worse, people who hurry their children along past you, to make sure you don't rub off any of your "evil influence" onto their precious children. It's a shame discrimination is being poured into the current generation children in ways like this.

And now I have my hair semi-short again, people sit next to me again :p
But whenever they ignore/avoid me, I just laugh about it. It's so sad, it's hard to feel bad about it at.

Also, I believe I've seen Dreamer say he's never met a goth - well, I can't speak for the entire world, but ALL of the goths I've met from my country, I can count amongst the most social, and generally pleasant people I have ever met in my life. Sure, there's always rotten apples, but so far I've found goths to be the most agreeable people to be around. Just stay away from emos. :p

nerdygirl said:
Good grief. I'm glad it hasn't happened to me yet. I don't identify as goth, but a lot of people have told me I look like I am. Oh, gee. I wear all black and have purple hair. Guess that totally takes away from the fact that I'm a soccer mom who does Reiki.

Also, this cracked me up :D But nice to hear that there's at least some people here into stuff like Reiki - I personally don't practice it, but do believe in its workings, and I'm a bit spiritual as well, in a general way.

Latest posts

Back