I Am Cutting Myself Off From Everyone.. The Only Way I know Now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't. I know how people can be a huge pain in the arse sometime, and how easy it can be to loose faith in humanity, particularly when things are going horribly and when people mistreat you. But in the past when I've cut myself off from people (and I have, several times), it only leads to more pain and suffering, not to mention self-hatred. I'm slowly learning that we need other people in order to heal and grow. Cutting yourself off from everyone is like trying to grow a plant without sunlight. You might feel relief at first, but you'll gradually start to wither away and forget how to love and be loved. As someone who's been there, please don't make the same mistake I did.

BlossomedInShadows said:
Please don't. I know how people can be a huge pain in the arse sometime, and how easy it can be to loose faith in humanity, particularly when things are going horribly and when people mistreat you. But in the past when I've cut myself off from people (and I have, several times), it only leads to more pain and suffering, not to mention self-hatred. I'm slowly learning that we need other people in order to heal and grow. Cutting yourself off from everyone is like trying to grow a plant without sunlight. You might feel relief at first, but you'll gradually start to wither away and forget how to love and be loved. As someone who's been there, please don't make the same mistake I did.

I'm trying really hard. Really I am. Just with what I've been through I'm sick to the teeth of being let down. I agree with you though, it does feel a bit of a relief. Just for the past 10 years, people around me have been a big let down that's all. There's only so much you can take.

Latest posts

Back