I am in a predicament

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight

Reaction score
Well I'm going to go into any details nor explain the why this situation is the way that it is.

My mother lost her job. This means that we're in huge financial trouble. They're scrapping for money like never before. Getting rid of our cell phone service, which means I am getting a pay phone with the little money I do have. If my mother still doesn't have a job in June then we will move to a city 5 miles from here, which unfortunately, the buses do not go out that far, which means there would be no way for me to get to school. So I'm going to try to get a job and hopefully move out of the house. Although the problem is apartments are expensive here, and a minimum wage jab isn't going to be enough. This is my predicament.

hi knight, that is a predicament, and wanting your own place is totally understandable. How ever if your mom is important to you which I sure she is, getting a job and helping her out too is an option. I'm sure she has supported you when she could. Best of luck and i'm sure you will make the right decision.

Hey Knight... that sucks - If your city is big enough, you might be able to find roommates and/or a sublet. If you use something like Craiglist, expect to visit 5-7 places to find even 1 decent one.

I agree with Alex,
I think you should start looking for a job,
Once you got one . . Start searching for a roomate, and a cheap place to live.

But hope your mum gets another job so you don't have to :S.

doesanybodycare said:
hi knight, that is a predicament, and wanting your own place is totally understandable. How ever if your mom is important to you which I sure she is, getting a job and helping her out too is an option. I'm sure she has supported you when she could. Best of luck and i'm sure you will make the right decision.

I agree with this.

If you do get a job, maybe instead of using money to pay for rent in an apartment of your own, you could use it towards getting a car and paying for gas -- that could go towards getting you to and from school.

Hey Knight. How's the past 2 days been?
Really - I'd do what you can, but do whatever you can to stay in school. School comes before anything.

I know once I get my Associates I'll be able to get a decent job, decent enough to get my own apartment.

Latest posts

Back