I am lonely too...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speak-volumes

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is H and I'm a 24-year-old girl from Finland. I was searching forums about loneliness and came across this forum. And this place seems perfect for me :)

I have been very shy my whole life and because of that it has always been very difficult for me to get to know people. I used to have some friends but for whatever reason (teenage?) we didn't really get along anymore. So I was left alone. Since then (for about nine years) I haven't really had any friends. I haven't really done anything, I'm just mostly home alone. I do have my family and I'm extremely grateful for that but I do also miss people my age to spend time with. Lately I've been trying to be more active, leave the house more often. I'm so sick of this loneliness it kind of gives me strenght to change things and be more brave. I still have a long way to go but I do believe that some day I will be more self-confident and less alone. I know I'm always going to be shy - it's a part of my personality and that's okay - but some day it won't control and define my life so much.

I have spoken to my family about my loneliness over and over but I don't think they really understand how bad I truly feel about that. That's why I'm happy I found this place! I really need people to talk to, people who know what I'm talking about. So nice to meet you all! :)

Hey H, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here. A lot of people you can probably relate to here. :)

Hello H (Is that how you spell it?),

Welcome to the site?

Hello H, welcome. I usually find it easy to talk about my feelings but people find it hard to listen haha. its usual for me to shock people if i speak my truth because no-one is used to hearing people talk openly about deep negative feelings. so this place is great for me as people seem nice and very understanding. i hope you like it too.

Speak-volumes said:
Hi everyone! My name is H and I'm a 24-year-old girl from Finland. I was searching forums about loneliness and came across this forum. And this place seems perfect for me :)

I have been very shy my whole life and because of that it has always been very difficult for me to get to know people. I used to have some friends but for whatever reason (teenage?) we didn't really get along anymore. So I was left alone. Since then (for about nine years) I haven't really had any friends. I haven't really done anything, I'm just mostly home alone. I do have my family and I'm extremely grateful for that but I do also miss people my age to spend time with. Lately I've been trying to be more active, leave the house more often. I'm so sick of this loneliness it kind of gives me strenght to change things and be more brave. I still have a long way to go but I do believe that some day I will be more self-confident and less alone. I know I'm always going to be shy - it's a part of my personality and that's okay - but some day it won't control and define my life so much.

I have spoken to my family about my loneliness over and over but I don't think they really understand how bad I truly feel about that. That's why I'm happy I found this place! I really need people to talk to, people who know what I'm talking about. So nice to meet you all! :)

Hey H, that's a nice flower in your avatar. Welcome :)

Hi,

I am Doug from the United States. I really, really liked your introduction here and hope we can have a fun and supportive friendship here.

There is nothing wrong with being shy. It makes you special in your own unique way.

Like you I am lonely in "real life." I only have one close/best friend named Anna.

Great that you are trying to be more active and leave the house more! The more you do so the better chance you will have to meet and socialize with friends your age! :)

Its so special that your loneliness is giving you the strength to change things and be more brave!

I am older than you-age 52--but I hope we can still be friends here. I am a good listener and counselor and will always be here for you and counsel you the best I can with any struggles you have in your life.

Though I suffer from mental illness I am determined to beat it. I enjoy sports, politics, reading, music, photography, comedy on You Tube, trivia, getting and sending emails with friends, nature, ethnic food and my special cat Luke. :) I currently do not work because of my illness but am determined to work again. I am a devout Catholic.

Tell me more about yourself. What do you like to do for fun and what are your interests? How do you spend your time since you spend so much time home alone? Do you have brothers/sisters? Any pets? Have you or do you work or gone to university? Finland is a beautiful country do you like nature? What have you been doing when you leave the house more? :)

I will try to attach my picture but am not sure if it will work.

I look forward to your reply and a new fun and supportive friendship with you. Ask me anything you like to get to know me better.

Doug

Hi,

I am Doug from the United States. I really, really liked your introduction here and hope we can have a fun and supportive friendship here.

There is nothing wrong with being shy. It makes you special in your own unique way.

Like you I am lonely in "real life." I only have one close/best friend named Anna.

Great that you are trying to be more active and leave the house more! The more you do so the better chance you will have to meet and socialize with friends your age! Smile

Its so special that your loneliness is giving you the strength to change things and be more brave!

I am older than you-age 52--but I hope we can still be friends here. I am a good listener and counselor and will always be here for you and counsel you the best I can with any struggles you have in your life.

Though I suffer from mental illness I am determined to beat it. I enjoy sports, politics, reading, music, photography, comedy on You Tube, trivia, getting and sending emails with friends, nature, ethnic food and my special cat Luke. Smile I currently do not work because of my illness but am determined to work again. I am a devout Catholic.

Tell me more about yourself. What do you like to do for fun and what are your interests? How do you spend your time since you spend so much time home alone? Do you have brothers/sisters? Any pets? Have you or do you work or gone to university? Finland is a beautiful country do you like nature? What have you been doing when you leave the house more? Smile

I will try to attach my picture but am not sure if it will work.

I look forward to your reply and a new fun and supportive friendship with you. Ask me anything you like to get to know me better.:)

Doug

Welcome to the forum! Hope you feel less lonely around here. Join us in the games section if you like! :)

Latest posts

Back