I am Misunderstood. I am a Monster.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not trying to be rude or insulting to anyone, I was just trying to explain myself under harsh circumstances. It's difficult to explain how one is alienated to the very people who alienate you. Of course they are going to feel insulted.
Guess this forum wasn't really meant for me, after all. If that's the way you feel, Sci-Fi, feel free to close the topic. There is no point in discussing a topic I'm not allowed to discuss.

If I have jumped to conclusions, it's because you have provided nothing but vague hints and references to other people (some of them fictional characters) concerning your beliefs and who you are. Are you really confused about why people misunderstand you when this is the way you go about things?

I have been nothing but open and honest about what I believe in this thread. I don't use vagueness and references. I don't need to, because I'm not afraid of who I am and don't need to wear a mask. And yet you've accused me of lying. Why should I answer any more of your questions? So I can be called a liar again? No thanks, I'd rather talk to people who allow me to get to know them. It seems to me that you're doing exactly what you accuse others of.

My advice is to be open and honest about who you are. Always. If people don't like it, it's their problem, not yours. I wouldn't want to live a life hiding what I believe and think. I'd rather die than do that. But if you'd rather live life wearing a mask, then it really is your choice, no matter how much you claim it's not.

Whatever you decide, good luck.

@Sci
This response seemed respectful and non-argumentative to me. If you disagree, fair enough I guess. I'll accept any punishment you see as fitting. I am not trying to cause trouble, but a response seemed appropriate, and I did my best. Either way, I'm done with this conversation. I have better things to do.

Locke said:
Despicable Me said:
Seen the show 'Breaking Bad'? Walter did not do it for the money, that was never what he really wanted. He did it because it was who he really was. For so long his true self was being oppressed. He was a genius, but forced to teach High School chemistry classes due to circumstances. His talents were wasted, so what else would he become but a "monster"?

Know what I'm saying?

Walter White's circumstances are a extreme example, but...

He made the choice to sell his part of his business. He made the choice to be a high school chem teacher and repress "his true self". Later, after he started cooking meth, he made the choice to be manipulative and evil. He poisoned a little boy, for instance.

This makes me want to watch the series. I've seen bits and pieces of random episodes but never watched anything full.

VanillaCreme said:
Locke said:
Despicable Me said:
Seen the show 'Breaking Bad'? Walter did not do it for the money, that was never what he really wanted. He did it because it was who he really was. For so long his true self was being oppressed. He was a genius, but forced to teach High School chemistry classes due to circumstances. His talents were wasted, so what else would he become but a "monster"?

Know what I'm saying?

Walter White's circumstances are a extreme example, but...

He made the choice to sell his part of his business. He made the choice to be a high school chem teacher and repress "his true self". Later, after he started cooking meth, he made the choice to be manipulative and evil. He poisoned a little boy, for instance.

This makes me want to watch the series. I've seen bits and pieces of random episodes but never watched anything full.

You should watch it.

VanillaCreme said:

It's a awesome series, you should watch it! I grew up in the neighborhood it was filmed in, so it's kind of special to me. I think Netflix has every episode, I might marathon it soon.

Locke said:
VanillaCreme said:

It's a awesome series, you should watch it! I grew up in the neighborhood it was filmed in, so it's kind of special to me. I think Netflix has every episode, I might marathon it soon.

Breaking Bad ?

The greatest TV series I have ever seen !
No question !

Well I may have to check out Breaking Bad too since I cut off satellite TV and now just have Netflix and Hulu. I still have Scandal to finish though :)

To the OP - meh. Your posts are too vague to think of any useful advice. How about talking about yourself instead of others. I've gotten the most out of this forum when I've self-disclosed things that I was embarrassed about and I would venture a guess that's true for other members as well. Try it.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Well I may have to check out Breaking Bad too since I cut off satellite TV and now just have Netflix and Hulu. I still have Scandal to finish though :)

To the OP - meh. Your posts are too vague to think of any useful advice. How about talking about yourself instead of others. I've gotten the most out of this forum when I've self-disclosed things that I was embarrassed about and I would venture a guess that's true for other members as well. Try it.

-Teresa

I LOVE Scandal. I started watching it randomly on my own, and was fascinated by it. Very little actually catches my attention long enough. I can't finish watching a movie if I haven't already seen it and love it enough to watch it from start to end. And I mostly like documentaries. But Scandal... Oh, man, that show is boss.

Despicable Me said:
I was not trying to be rude or insulting to anyone, I was just trying to explain myself under harsh circumstances. It's difficult to explain how one is alienated to the very people who alienate you. Of course they are going to feel insulted.
Guess this forum wasn't really meant for me, after all. If that's the way you feel, Sci-Fi, feel free to close the topic. There is no point in discussing a topic I'm not allowed to discuss.

I guess I just got a bit impatient, more than anything else. I'll simply echo the rest of what most of us are now saying.. we'd like you to open up a bit more!

We'll keep the conversation civil, at least now that any further dogfighting or accusations, etc, will close the thread. Let's hear it, mate!

Latest posts

Back