I am not sure..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Am I lonely.. am I depressed.. I'm not sure.

I have just started to fell strange the last few days. Kind of lost, I have been a very driven person my hole life. I had a dream to get a certain type of job and live a certain life style. This dream keep me going, every thing about my life was to advance that goal. Now all of a sudden I have realized something, I am there. I have that job, and that life... now what.. I no longer have that dream to keep me going.

This may sound stupid, but what happens when you reach your goal at 26?? And you look back and see that all you did to get there may not have been worth it. Were to go now?

Another side to that I see I pushed away too many people in my life. Any one that I feared I could get attached to and would threaten my "plan" I would keep at a distance. Never let then too close.. I think in retrospect this is a real mistake...

I just don't know any more... maybe I am having a quarter life crisis? Maby I am depressed, I feel bad that I have to post this to a forum of people that I don't know... well I have rambled on long enough.. I'm just confused. strange day... strange mood..  

Are you a woman? I only ask because you could be experiencing something hormonal, like PMS. Or maybe you are tired or the weather is crappy? If you still feel down after a few days - then maybe you can do some real soul-searching. Now that you have accomplished your goal - set a new goal. Maybe now you can concentrate on your relationships. The past is past and cannot be changed. You may be able to salvage past friendships -although they may never be the same as they were. You can always make new friends and start over.

Searching_4_My_Soul-Mate said:
Are you a woman?  I only ask because you could be experiencing something hormonal, like PMS.  Or maybe you are tired or the weather is crappy?  If you still feel down after a few days - then maybe you can do some real soul-searching.  Now that you have accomplished your goal - set a new goal.  Maybe now you can concentrate on your relationships.  The past is past and cannot be changed.  You may be able to salvage past friendships -although they may never be the same as they were. You can always make new friends and start over.

Nope not a woman, think this is in my head more then my blood..

Perhaps you are right, I just need to give it some time.. or start afresh. This is just such a new felling for me, It is kinda scary.. thanks for the quick reply.

Don't mention it. You are lucky not to be a woman. (Unless of course you have to put up with one which could be just as bad)

Sometimes when we have a chance to slow down from a busy lifestyle - you start to think.. Sometimes thinking too much. But if you need to talk - feel free. I will listen and try to offer advice.

Latest posts

Back