I am scared. I am new. I am alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RavenRose said:
SofiasMami said:
Hi-
Nice to meet you, you've found a great forum! Tell us more about yourself besides agoraphobia. :)
What music to you listen to? Do you have any pets?
Welcome!

Teresa

Sorry, guess I should have done this sooner, this is my first time using a forum!

I am quite a boring person to be honest but I can list some things about myself for anyone who's interested:

Music - pretty much just metal and the thousand sub-genres that go with it! I like the diversity although it can be hard to listen to and a bit repetitive sometimes.

Pets - 3 black cats. They are great:).

Other - Formula 1; Photography; Stephen King books; Good old Star Trek (they're the best); Animals and Insects, and Curry!

Is that enough? Who else likes these things? If anyone shares some of these interests and want to talk more about them then you can PM me anytime:). What diverse things do other people like?
Hi
I hope you are feeling better. I highly recommend you reading personal development materials. There is an article by steve pavlina called courage to live consciously. you might like to have a look at that.I gives us a good insight to the causes of our fear and it is pretty much motivational.http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles/courage-to-live-consciously.htm, And also I want to ask U if you know how to swimm, are you good with water
Take care

ourcocoon said:
Hi
I hope you are feeling better. I highly recommend you reading personal development materials. There is an article by steve pavlina called courage to live consciously. you might like to have a look at that.I gives us a good insight to the causes of our fear and it is pretty much motivational.http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles/courage-to-live-consciously.htm, And also I want to ask U if you know how to swimm, are you good with water
Take care

Unfortunately I am terrible with water and never really learned to swim. I'd like to tell you the story of why that is:

When I was 8 I had to go swimming at school, which I never liked anyway. But that day it wasn't a serious lesson and we were taken to the pool just to have some fun. There was what I can only describe as a large inflatable donut that some of the other kids were playing on - it looked fun so for once I joined in! After a few minutes I felt unsafe and the next thing I remember is falling into the water. I saw bubbles rushing up past my face and felt myself sinking and sinking. I was never more frightened in my life:(.
I don't remember anything after that until I was lying at the poolside puking up water. Someone must have jumped in and rescued me. I still don't know who saved my life! I had to go to hospital after because the chlorine damaged my lungs. No serious effects though, I was lucky. I also suffered psychological amnesia and forgot almost everything! My name, life - everything!

That was 16 years ago and I am physically fine now but I am sure I will NEVER swim again:(.

Hey RR-
You don't sound boring to me - anyone who likes curry isn't boring! :)
Thanks for telling us about yourself & hope to see more of you around here-

Teresa

RavenRose said:
ourcocoon said:
Hi
I hope you are feeling better. I highly recommend you reading personal development materials. There is an article by steve pavlina called courage to live consciously. you might like to have a look at that.I gives us a good insight to the causes of our fear and it is pretty much motivational.http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles/courage-to-live-consciously.htm, And also I want to ask U if you know how to swim, are you good with water
Take care

Unfortunately I am terrible with water and never really learned to swim. I'd like to tell you the story of why that is:

When I was 8 I had to go swimming at school, which I never liked anyway. But that day it wasn't a serious lesson and we were taken to the pool just to have some fun. There was what I can only describe as a large inflatable donut that some of the other kids were playing on - it looked fun so for once I joined in! After a few minutes I felt unsafe and the next thing I remember is falling into the water. I saw bubbles rushing up past my face and felt myself sinking and sinking. I was never more frightened in my life:(.
I don't remember anything after that until I was lying at the poolside puking up water. Someone must have jumped in and rescued me. I still don't know who saved my life! I had to go to hospital after because the chlorine damaged my lungs. No serious effects though, I was lucky. I also suffered psychological amnesia and forgot almost everything! My name, life - everything!

That was 16 years ago and I am physically fine now but I am sure I will NEVER swim again:(.
Let me tel you a very important secret of life , and I hope everyone at this forum find an opportunity to have a look at what I am writing.
Galileo discovered that the speed of falling objects is independent of their weight, which means an object weighting one ton and the one of one gram when released from a given height will reach the ground at the same time, this means our body and soul will synchronize and meet each other when we are falling. In another post of mine I said What is important in falling in love is not the love but it is the falling.that is when our body and soul meet and our being elevates and evolves. immersion into situations is equivalent to falling. it is when we totally immerse ourselves in to the nature ans for example we draw a picture or compose a music or a poem, etc. zen has the same effect, a physical way of immersion is swimming.
What I am trying to say is that we do not evolve as long as we do not totally immerse ourselves into situations and fear can not bear our immersion. did I express my sayings clearly?

I'm afraid that I can not relate at all to agoraphobia.
Being outside is one of the joys of my life.

I wish you well. Don't give up.

A new life said:

Thank you, I envy you for being being able to go outside, but how do you keep from being scared to death? After 3 years of being housebound I've grown even more scared with each passing month. I need some kind of stimulation in my life or I'll go mad:p.

How does everyone get the courage? Is it just me being stupid?

RavenRose said:
A new life said:

Thank you, I envy you for being being able to go outside, but how do you keep from being scared to death? After 3 years of being housebound I've grown even more scared with each passing month. I need some kind of stimulation in my life or I'll go mad:p.

How does everyone get the courage? Is it just me being stupid?

I'm clueless about agoraphobia.
What are agorphobics afraid of?
(I'm more afraid of people than anything else, except snakes)

A new life said:

Most agoraphobics are afraid of having a panic attack in a public place.

A small minority are just plain frightened of being outside and around people. That's the problem I have.

If I ever have to speak to anyone for any reason I get all nervous and scared. Eventually got to the point where I just stopped leaving the house. It was in October 2007 when I came home from a volunteer position I had at a charity shop and just never went back:(.

I have been out of the house maybe only 6 or 7 times since.

RavenRose said:
A new life said:

Most agoraphobics are afraid of having a panic attack in a public place.

A small minority are just plain frightened of being outside and around people. That's the problem I have.

If I ever have to speak to anyone for any reason I get all nervous and scared. Eventually got to the point where I just stopped leaving the house. It was in October 2007 when I came home from a volunteer position I had at a charity shop and just never went back:(.

I have been out of the house maybe only 6 or 7 times since.

Tony Robbins drives me nuts (too much energy and over-the-top enthusiasm) But in one of his books, PERSONAL POWER I think it was,
He outlines NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming)
At a time when I had no hope and was in such a wretched state, I tried NLP for the first time. It really made a difference. It's a lot of work, but I think that it could help you. You can probably pick up the book on Amazon for about 10 bucks or get it at the library for free.

I think it will be well worth the effort.
Outside can be wonderful!

Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Back