I am Skinny and Unattractive

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm skinny but not really. Here (right) you can even see my crooked back.

12508761_1027347290636910_8520776661119303452_n.jpg

Xpendable said:
I'm skinny but not really. Here (right) you can even see my crooked back.

Slight scoliosis, but only very slight. %90 of the population have that to some degree.

Your still young. A lot of young people are skinny. You will fatten out when you get older. Then you will probobly wish that you where skinny again XD
I am 41 and much more skinny then you. And have a much more crooked back then you too.
Trust me you have a body that some people can only dream off.

Plus more facial hair then I am still able to grow lol True story man.... Oh the shame of it! :p

I wish I had something better to tell you, but, I will say I've genuinely met a HUGE chunk of girls who have a thing for skinny guys, seems to be getting more common nowadays in fact (maybe as a counter to the whole "making gains" obsession most young dudes have these days). My ex was actually one as well, which kinda hurt my self-esteem because I'm... not skinny lol. So, rest assured man, there's plenty of women into skinny guys out there. Just try to make it work for you as best you can, own up to it and all that.

Skinny or fat, give me someone I can eat pizza with and bake cookies for, and I'll most likely like them.

Case said:
Okay. So, this is a thread for another type of person who has a different set of body issues.

I am a thin guy, tallish, around 6'-2", so my thinness is highly accentuated and I have felt self conscious about it most of my life. My body type is an ectomorph (for you gym-types,) which only means that it's harder for me to maintain muscle-mass than most other people.

When I was a kid, I was super skinny to where I felt like a freak most of the time. Despite the fact that I ate food like a horse, I was still a skinny twig, and I thought I looked anorexic in a mirror. My metabolism was so high that I could consume anything and not gain a pound. (I know that this sounds like heaven for some people, but the point is, I had my own self-esteem issues connected with that.)

Since I felt horrible about it, I would buy clothes that hid my skinniness from the public. I wore a lot of long sleeve shirts and sweaters, even in the summertime, to hide my skinny frame. And I never wore shorts, which meant that I was wearing WAY more fabric than I should on a hot summer day. (Just imagine how close I've gotten to fainting in the heat.)

As I got older, I was able to gain some weight and fill out a bit, but a recent health scare forced me to change my diet and I am now back down to my skinny weight from my youth.

The truth is that I don't think I am unattractive. I think some people might think that I am, and that's fine, but I feel fortunate that I don't think that of myself. At least, I have graduated this far. However, I do feel that I am not the best I can be. I still can't wear what I want because some things would look stupid on me, and I don't go to the beach even though it's almost a lifestyle out here, because one look at my body and I would blind everyone with my pale skin. lol

I exaggerate that for a reason. Everything I have written, I have felt. I *have* felt ugly at times, I *have* felt unwanted, I *have* felt like a lesser person simply because I am skinny. Now, I realize there is a chance I will be getting no sympathy, but considering there is another thread here for people who have body issues on the opposite side of the weight spectrum, I thought this could be a place to discuss the skinnier side.

I've been called "anorexic," "sickly," "twig man," "matchstick man," "popsicle stick," and any number of names one might call a skinny dude. These names have only been a minor nuisance. (One co-worker used to greet me every morning by saying, "Hey, Skinny!" Then, one morning I answered with, "Heyyy, FATTY!" and she never called me "skinny" again. I wouldn't have ever referred to someone's weight that way, but this woman was one of the most irritating people I'd ever known, so she deserved it.)

I know that some people might think that I am crazy for having an issue with being thin. All I can say is that this has been a life-long problem for me. When I see men who can fill out a t-shirt, or an athlete with even medium-sized arms, there have been times when I've felt a tad inadequate. These days, I can actually wear a t-shirt and not feel like everyone is gawking or laughing at me. But I wish I could wear whatever I wanted and not feel that horrible whiff of self consciousness about it.

So, am I the only one like this here?

I believe this is a major problem society has, the feeling of "am I worthy to even show myself" I'd say most of us, including me feel this to some degree, we don't know why.

And it's crazy! We're all creatures of this planet, why the fresia should we give a ****, why are clothes even around? If people didn't wear clothes, you'd have to grow up showing who you are to everyone, you'd see all sorts of bodies, eventually everyone would realize it doesn't matter much.

I'm going slightly off-topic, a great thing you think nothing of it, you also seem to deal with it well when others bring your body to your attention. You mention you have health issues, so this affects the diet, which is unfortunate cause I'd tell you to eat more, you say you're an ectomorph, so training doesn't have major affect.

Regardless, I say fresia all that, train till your kingdom come, and eat a little more along the way! At the end of the day, we're all human, a terrible thing that we give unnecessary shits about what others may think of us.

Latest posts

Back