I am surrounded by egotistical pricks.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatefulman

Reaction score
I work at a job that barely supports me going to that job while I wait for my system to clear out to pass a drug-test. This job enables me to pay my bills, pay for gas and just about nothing else so my routine every day is get up, go to work, come back home and entertain myself until I have to get some sleep to get up for work.

There are two egotistical bastards that are around me in my daily routine. Let me give you my version of what that means. These people are the type of person who, though not quite completely successful, tries to make it seem like they are. If you have a story to tell, no matter what, they have one to top it, whether it's about them, someone they know, or someone they heard of. It's nearly infallible. I have trust issues, being paranoid about whether people are lying to me or not, and these people set those feelings off every time. There is no way these people have done all this stuff. Most things they've said have not been proven, but a large amount has, so I can't be sure, though my mind is set that they are so full of honeysuckle their eyes should have turned brown by now.

One of these people works directly beside me the whole time I'm at work. The other is my brother-in-law whom is currently staying along with my sister and her kids at my(as well as my parent's) house. This means I'm almost constantly in contact with one or the other. I want to call bullshit half the time they speak, as they both are very self-centered, but I have no proof other than it being impossible for them to do all the crap they talk about. Yet, at the same time, my mind wonders what it is that makes them so successful in life and why I just stagnate here in my perpetual hell.

I've never really ever been successful in any endeavor I've strived for. I discovered how interesting video games were when I was little and promptly obsessed, not socializing and nerding it up throughout high school. This led to me never so much as having a date or kissing a girl. I am/was smart but was lazy and never did my homework and got horrible grades. I am very proficient at writing, but I could never finish a story, extending it too long or lacking planning or just losing interest. I spent all that time in school playing and talking about video games yet I am nowhere near good enough to call myself especially skilled and I have no real other interests.

My brother-in-law, however, was raised in a middle to high class family, in terms of wealth, as opposed to my poor since birth status and is trained in welding, is very skilled with vehicles, is a black belt in several martial arts and is what I would think is an image of an attractive, fit, muscled male. He also makes a lot of money on the side selling some high quality pot, but that's another matter altogether. I hate this man with a fiery passion that rivals that of a thousand suns but can't help but envy him, either for his upbringing or his skill in conquering life so far. He and my sister and their kids are only staying over here while their house is repaired after a house fire.

He is a racist, close-minded fuckwit who can't see the point of reading a book for any other purpose than needing to and thinks a game isn't fun if it requires reading more than a few sentences. It saddens and at the same time enrages me to know that such a ******* is so well off in life. I don't really know what the point of all this is, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that every time I try to catch interest with a good story or anything, he will interrupt with some far-fetched yet somehow believable story. He will sit there and talk for like 20 minutes, without even dialogue from other people.

I can make it clear how much I don't care and he'll keep talking and he keeps it up anyway. He's shitting on my happiness. It's gotten to the point where when the last time he and I clashed, I kept thinking if I could take him down with me, I could die happy. I've expressed my displeasure with him to family and friends, and all my friends even agree with me, but fresia if there's anything I can do. Even the only thing I'm good at, which is fighting, wouldn't work. He'd wipe the floor with me and spend 40 ******* minutes gloating about it. I'm normally a very nice person, even a doormat for people at times but he will get nothing but hate from me. Really, I don't think I even have a question, I just want to vent or something.

ahem, if you take drugs hardcore enough to be screened, you can't really complain about that lol.

the videogames thing, well try find something else you like, but if you like videogame, you like videogames. There's XBL or various MMORPGs out there. Unless you want girls in the future, then you really can't like videosgames, unless it's Wii Sports or Mario.

coworkers are always full of honeysuckle. your bro-in-law, jealous much? if he's succesful, then copy. Monkey see, monkey do. Maybe not exactly detail for detail, but emulation is the first step to authenticity.

I smoke a bit of pot every once in a while. It's just that this new job, which will pay much, MUCH better but does a test when you get past the first part of the application process. Heh, I envy how easy he seems to accomplish stuff. I would never want to exist inside that insecure little mind, though. Though that's like saying I have no insecurities, of which I have a legion of. Really I only have about a week until I'm sure I could get past that drug test. Really until then I'm just biding my time and drinking lots of water. Also, I posted so much because I read over many threads here and one thing I hate seeing is people posting a very vague problem they seem to have, expecting people to guess half of their problems. Also that their posts are obviously written in some emotional crisis. I wished to correct it by stating my problem clearly in great detail. I missed out on mentioning that aside from my gaming habits, I like conversation, most music, joking and comedy, writing and such. I'm very open-minded and like to talk about most things, but my brother in law is quick to point out and ridicule things out of the ordinary, bringing attention to it from my whole family. This means my fresia-ups as well.

Well sounds like he's too big for his britches. Lol, doesnt sound too smart of a guy to me if he is selling pot. He'll feel really smart once he's been arrested and is taken away from his family.

Another thing, if i were you, i'd stop focusing on what OTHERS are doing, and focus more on myself. "where am I going? What am I going to do with my life? What am I doing to get there?" fresia others. This is YOUR life. Not theirs. If others belittle you, ignore them...and keep walking with your head high. If others mock you for reading...ignore them, keep reading. Be yourself. Have faith in yourself. Get to the places you want to be, do the things you want to do.

People always want to feel powerful/significant. Sometimes they put others down in order to feel powerful/significant. It's their messed up persona. You need to get your power/significance elsewhere, because as you've experienced, trying to gain your sense of control over life by having control over others is a very unreliable way to get your significance because people are so unpredictable.

I'd say he is. And drug dealing isn't smart at all, but this man, if I can say he is skilled with anything, is street smart. I can't see him going down. Maybe he will eventually, and I pray for that day to come, but I would never rat out on someone like that. He isn't a very intellectual type, but he is wily, like one would describe a rodent that is hard to catch. His constant one-upping grates on my nerves, though. It is coming to a point and lately I've been so tempted to just say fresia it and bury the ****** somewhere nice and far away where he'd never be found but that's taking things too far. What do you do when you hate someone with every fiber of your being but can't get away from or retaliate against?

Hatefulman said:
I'd say he is. And drug dealing isn't smart at all, but this man, if I can say he is skilled with anything, is street smart. I can't see him going down. Maybe he will eventually, and I pray for that day to come, but I would never rat out on someone like that. He isn't a very intellectual type, but he is wily, like one would describe a rodent that is hard to catch. His constant one-upping grates on my nerves, though. It is coming to a point and lately I've been so tempted to just say fresia it and bury the ****** somewhere nice and far away where he'd never be found but that's taking things too far. What do you do when you hate someone with every fiber of your being but can't get away from or retaliate against?

I edited my post before you could see it. I posted and then i realized I should add more. Sorry about that.

Summary of my post above:
If i were you, i'd focus on myself, and not what others were doing or saying to me.

Hatefulman said:
I smoke a bit of pot every once in a while. It's just that this new job, which will pay much, MUCH better but does a test when you get past the first part of the application process. Thanks though. I very much appreciate the fact that you disregarded my entire post to nitpick on the first thing I said. Hardcore is something I don't think I could ever say about pot, because unlike a lot of retard stoners out there, I've found it easy to practice moderation in my smoking. Never skipped paying anything to get any, never ignored other things I've needed to do to smoke. Anybody got anything helpful to say?

Don't listen to The One because he sounds like hes just in pain(i feel bad for him) but he takes it out on others it seems. Please don't listen to him because he's in his own little world that he thinks is true. Do not emulate what your brother is doing because he does sound like a prick and no right minded, great person wants to be a prick.

You say are/were smart but you need to do something about it if you want to succeed. Complaining about and comparing yourself to these jerks will NOT do anything to make things better or make yourself feel better. I too run into such egotistical jerks and I can't stand to think that they have it better than me either but, the only person that can change is yourself.

It does no good to sit around and complain about it because it will get you absolutely nowhere. Egotistacal people will always exist and the only thing we can do is try to ignore them and I know it's really hard because I have been around them many times before.

As for video games and girls, do not listen to the One once again because he is so wrong. I play games over xbl and I even play WoW, so I have seen that girls play them. It's actually becoming more and more accepted for girls to play video games nowadays and there are a lot of girls who play world of warcraft, just for an example.

Most girls don't care if you play video games as long as you play them in moderation. Moderation is key, because being obsessed with them is a problem and most people don't like that. As long as you do other things and make yourself active, I dont see where girls would think badly of you for it.

You and only you can change your life and I think you should try your hardest to. You say you are only good at fighting?Although You say you are smart, so why not use that to your advantage to try and break out of this slump you are in. You sound like a very intellectual individual who is surrounded by many people who just make you feel like crap. You seem like you have this pent up anger inside of you, but don't use it against those you hate so much. Why not use it to make your life better and become what you want to be?

Yeah. I totally agree with you, Remedy. The One and I actually just chatted and it's cool between us. He had edited his message immediately after making it to add more, but pressed enter after I responded as I have nothing better to do. I am a firm advocate of plowing ahead, but the thing is, I don't have anything I feel like I want to do that I think I actually realistically do. I'm not saying that like I think I suck too much to do certain careers or goals, but that I don't really have the aptitude for such.

My only goal I've ever really wanted in life was to be able to afford to live comfortably. That is a very vague goal and fighting isn't a viable career choice for that. I'd rather not end up a guy bloody on the floor, soft in the head from too many blows to it. I am good at writing, as you might tell from my verbosity, but even if I could finish the stories I started, I would be poor as hell going to college to major in English. Also, Remedy, I read one of your previous posts where you were bemoaning the fate of nice guys. I was one once too, a doormat. I was too shy and never approached any women, though now I have a different mindset, I am not around any new women who seem right for me. I'm glad to see your attitude seems to have turned around too. Good luck in whatever you're doing!

fresia it....let it go. Don't try to figure the honeysuckle out.

fresia it...it's actaully the short form serenity prayer :p
It gets me to same place...PEACE.
yeap...I've granted the wisdom.
Can't change other people.....I can change me.

When i was a kid...some of my teachers use to say....
"This guy..stuff just gose in one ear and out the other." hahahahaaaa
I personally thought those teachers were ass-holes, so I didn't listen to them.

I still have this gift and abilty today of letting honeysuckle go in one ear and out the other.

Lonesome Crow said:

Yeah, I know. I think the same thing. I pretty much had my answer to the question I didn't really ask, just wanted to vent. Though sometimes I just want to feed him his ******* teeth but that's just douchebags for ya. Just wish I wasn't so **** lazy.

Hatefulman said:
Yeah. I totally agree with you, Remedy. The One and I actually just chatted and it's cool between us. He had edited his message immediately after making it to add more, but pressed enter after I responded as I have nothing better to do. I am a firm advocate of plowing ahead, but the thing is, I don't have anything I feel like I want to do that I think I actually realistically do. I'm not saying that like I think I suck too much to do certain careers or goals, but that I don't really have the aptitude for such.

My only goal I've ever really wanted in life was to be able to afford to live comfortably. That is a very vague goal and fighting isn't a viable career choice for that. I'd rather not end up a guy bloody on the floor, soft in the head from too many blows to it. I am good at writing, as you might tell from my verbosity, but even if I could finish the stories I started, I would be poor as hell going to college to major in English. Also, Remedy, I read one of your previous posts where you were bemoaning the fate of nice guys. I was one once too, a doormat. I was too shy and never approached any women, though now I have a different mindset, I am not around any new women who seem right for me. I'm glad to see your attitude seems to have turned around too. Good luck in whatever you're doing!

That's great to hear and I hope for the best for you, as well :). I came to this site with a very depressed, pitiful attitude that stunk with self-pity. This site has changed me so much, and has made me so much happier. I have met some very awesome people through this site, and I'm sure you will as well.

If your passion is writing, I think you should definitely try your hardest to achieve that goal. I've always wished that I was better at writing, so I think that it is an awesome skill to have. Keep at what you're doing to make your life better and reaching your goals. I'm sure that if you just keep your mind set on these certain goals you will see that after awhile, these goals will start becoming more real than you ever expected.

Welcome to the site, and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

a little advice from someone who has been in your shoes.

namely, stupid people drive me nugging futs too!

anywho, my point..........

he knows he is full of honeysuckle, chances are, he knows that everybody "knows" he is full of honeysuckle, the game for him (the win, if you will) is being able to strongarm or browbeat or intimidate people with his "charisma" into indulging him. the more "fantastic" his odysseys, the more he delights in others entertaining his bullshit stories.

oh yes, i have dealt with this type. here is what you do. trust me.

every time he tells a bullshit story, and you will know when he is because that little sensor in your belly will go off that just screams BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT just simply say something with a total lack of expression like "wow, cool" or "really, neato". just something very passive aggressive, even like "wow, that is very interesting". after a couple of times (and you must be consistent) he will realize that you are on to him, and not only are you on to him, but you are calling BULLSHIT! on his stupid stories in a smart way. this will drive him absolutely bonkers. because you are effectively beating him at his own game (pretending to indulge his bullshit, while making him aware that he is full of honeysuckle, without coming out and saying it) - sounds like a win to me. how about you?

also, quit hating. get over your envy. do you really want to be a *********? not likely. if no, then let him have the title. move on. know that this world is ruled by dicks, but "you" don't have to be ruled by dicks. you can't control others, but you can see to it that others can't control you. that is what i would focus. everytime he raises your blood pressure, everytime he makes you bite your tongue, everytime he sees that glare in your eyes or flush in your cheeks he is delighting. see him for the total fuckface that he is and SIMPLY STOP CARING. this will destroy him.

Just_Some_Dude said:
a little advice from someone who has been in your shoes.

namely, stupid people drive me nugging futs too!

anywho, my point..........

he knows he is full of honeysuckle, chances are, he knows that everybody "knows" he is full of honeysuckle, the game for him (the win, if you will) is being able to strongarm or browbeat or intimidate people with his "charisma" into indulging him. the more "fantastic" his odysseys, the more he delights in others entertaining his bullshit stories.

oh yes, i have dealt with this type. here is what you do. trust me.

every time he tells a bullshit story, and you will know when he is because that little sensor in your belly will go off that just screams BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT just simply say something with a total lack of expression like "wow, cool" or "really, neato". just something very passive aggressive, even like "wow, that is very interesting". after a couple of times (and you must be consistent) he will realize that you are on to him, and not only are you on to him, but you are calling BULLSHIT! on his stupid stories in a smart way. this will drive him absolutely bonkers. because you are effectively beating him at his own game (pretending to indulge his bullshit, while making him aware that he is full of honeysuckle, without coming out and saying it) - sounds like a win to me. how about you?

also, quit hating. get over your envy. do you really want to be a *********? not likely. if no, then let him have the title. move on. know that this world is ruled by dicks, but "you" don't have to be ruled by dicks. you can't control others, but you can see to it that others can't control you. that is what i would focus. everytime he raises your blood pressure, everytime he makes you bite your tongue, everytime he sees that glare in your eyes or flush in your cheeks he is delighting. see him for the total fuckface that he is and SIMPLY STOP CARING. this will destroy him.

That is actually some good advice. I hadn't thought of that. Though it is rather problematic when he doesn't know when to shut the fresia up. I'll give that a try for a bit. In no way do I want to be like him, but I do desire to eventually attain some level of accomplishment to all the skills he's learned. For a *********, he has parts that are somewhat cool, just residing as a part of a dickwad. I'll give that a shot.

Ignore the douchebags and if they insist on not taking the hint, tell them to shut up. You have to be firm with these people. You don't have to nod your head and pretend to care. You don't have to be polite and listen. Life shouldn't be wasted on such people.

Hatefulman said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Yeah, I know. I think the same thing. I pretty much had my answer to the question I didn't really ask, just wanted to vent. Though sometimes I just want to feed him his ******* teeth but that's just douchebags for ya. Just wish I wasn't so **** lazy.

Venting is good. it's very healthy. It's healing.
I used to say I wanna stab my ex-gf in the eyes with a fucken fork.
Fucken pyscho ***** like a thousand times..:p

She so full of honeysuckle I fucken swear....I'm about as sick as her god ****
secrets. Most drugs users and alcholics are egotistic ass-holes...
That's the game they play...blame shift, manipulations and making you
feel like honeysuckle about yourself...after a while you'll start to second guess
yourself from all the fucken dramma and trauma. It's bascailly
mental and emotional abuse....But if you react and retaliate...
you'll get in trouble...it's part of the game.

I had to establish a bondaries with her and my father...becuase ya never know what ya going to get.
Yeap..Sherry is like a fucken box of chocolate. Most if not all alki gets dianose with BI-POlar disorders.
More fucken pills for thier ills. A pill for every ill and they be sick a lot.
when my dad drinks...he's ok sometimes...other times he turns into a total ass-hole.
He'll start attacking me..but he's fucken messed up out of his god **** mind..he'll either remember some of the honeysuckle.
He'll either get drunk again or attack me again. But he'll never admit that he's wrong. My ex-gf pretty did the samething.
Making him/herself look good on front of other people is all part of the game of living in denial.
They'll boot or exagerate about themselve or put you down to make themselves look good.
It drove me fucken nutz....I bascailly had shellshock or pstd living with those two poeple.

I also had to accept that's where I was at. I was bascailly mentally, emotionally and spiritually bankrupt myself without the benifits of catching a buzzzzz myself
becuase those two people sucked the life forced out of me and i also suffered thier fucken consequences. I was very angery about this...
I had to reach out to other people that had gone through what I went through. I also had to learn how to trust again.
I had to let other people do some of my thinking for a while until I healed becuase they were more level headed and emotionally more stable then I was.

do you wanna know how you can tell who's an alcoholic????
Everyone around him/her is nucken futz....

Lonesome Crow said:
Hatefulman said:
Lonesome Crow said:

Venting is good. it's very healthy. It's healing.
I used to say I wanna stab my ex-gf in the eyes with a fucken fork.
Fucken pyscho ***** like a thousand times..:p

She so full of honeysuckle I fucken swear....I'm about as sick as her god ****
secrets. Most drugs users and alcholics are egotistic ass-holes...
That's the game they play...blame shift, manipulations and making you
feel like honeysuckle about yourself...after a while you'll start to second guess
yourself from all the fucken dramma and trauma. It's bascailly
mental and emotional abuse....But if you react and retaliate...
you'll get in trouble...it's part of the game.

I had to establish a bondaries with her and my father...becuase ya never know what ya going to get.
Yeap..Sherry is like a fucken box of chocolate. Most if not all alki gets dianose with BI-POlar disorders.
More fucken pills for thier ills. A pill for every ill and they be sick a lot.
when my dad drinks...he's ok sometimes...other times he turns into a total ass-hole.
He'll start attacking me..but he's fucken messed up out of his god **** mind..he'll either remember some of the honeysuckle.
He'll either get drunk again or attack me again. But he'll never admit that he's wrong. My ex-gf pretty did the samething.
Making him/herself look good on front of other people is all part of the game of living in denial.
They'll boot or exagerate about themselve or put you down to make themselves look good.
It drove me fucken nutz....I bascailly had shellshock or pstd living with those two poeple.

I also had to accept that's where I was at. I was bascailly mentally, emotionally and spiritually bankrupt myself without the benifits of catching a buzzzzz myself
becuase those two people sucked the life forced out of me and i also suffered thier fucken consequences. I was very angery about this...
I had to reach out to other people that had gone through what I went through. I also had to learn how to trust again.
I had to let other people do some of my thinking for a while until I healed becuase they were more level headed and emotionally more stable then I was.

do you wanna know how you can tell who's an alcoholic????
Everyone around him/her is nucken futz....

holy crap, i feel your pain. i completely understand the feeling of being "emotionally bankrupt" after dealing with these sons-o-bitches. they literally feed on your life force like vampires. i'm glad you survived, sounds like the had their teeth in pretty far and were bleeding you dry.

you also give some good advice about not playing the game at all.

Latest posts

Back