I believe I may have insulted a Jesuit

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colette

Reaction score
I went to a movie and discussion with a friend yesterday at a Jesuit retreat house. You know Jesuits, the intellectual Catholics. Anyway, we watched On The Waterfront (love me some Brando) and had a discussion afterwards. Someone asked if the priest in the film was Jesuit and I piped up with "Of course he is. Didn't you see he was drinking and smoking?" Naturally I was amused by my comment and so were others but my friend turns to me and points out that, rather loudly, that the man seated across from me is Father James. I don't think they'll be asking me back for another movie :p though he did give a little laugh to my comment.

lol Colette, That kinder stuff happens to me all the time. Its called putting your foot in it hah. It sounds like you may be welcomed again tho, After all the good father seemed to get a laugh out of it to :)

bluey said:
lol Colette, That kinder stuff happens to me all the time. Its called putting your foot in it hah. It sounds like you may be welcomed again tho, After all the good father seemed to get a laugh out of it to :)

I'm notorious for saying things at inapproriate moments. :p

Colette said:
I went to a movie and discussion with a friend yesterday at a Jesuit retreat house. You know Jesuits, the intellectual Catholics. Anyway, we watched On The Waterfront (love me some Brando) and had a discussion afterwards. Someone asked if the priest in the film was Jesuit and I piped up with "Of course he is. Didn't you see he was drinking and smoking?" Naturally I was amused by my comment and so were others but my friend turns to me and points out that, rather loudly, that the man seated across from me is Father James. I don't think they'll be asking me back for another movie :p though he did give a little laugh to my comment.

I dunno..maybe a better way of saying this is that you have perfected timing?

Colette said:
I don't think they'll be asking me back for another movie ...

Hopefully they did ask you back since then.

On occasion i manage to say the wrong thing at the wrong time also.

Walking into a lobby, somehow the door managed to close on my arm. It didn't feel to good and i said "I think they are going to have to amputate it."

Then i look over and see a one armed guy sitting there staring at me. Whatever his feelings may have been about my comment, it sure made me feel bad.

Latest posts

Back