I can eat again... :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Montreal Skye

My success story these days is that I'm able to eat again!

I have a digestive disorder that was caused by years on medication for depression and anxiety. I went on a juice fast for the last 2 weeks, I'd tried an elimination diet for 3 weeks previous, but was still getting pain, so I figured the juice fast would detox my body and give my digestion a rest too. Over the last few weeks I've been slowly reintroducing one food at a time. I had one piece of whole grain bread last Sunday...no problems, so on Wednesday I tried 2 pieces...no no. At least I know I can only handle one piece of bread daily. It's a slow process because I can only reintroduce one thing at a time and then I have to wait a few days...so this will go on for a good half year so that I can reintroduce all the foods I want to eat.

My "nice" list of food is now getting longer than my "naughty" list! Thank goodness I can drink coffee again...that was rough! I've only reintroduced 6 foods back so far and it's all going well. Saturday can't come soon enough because I can't wait to eat oatmeal again (fingers crossed)!

I decided on this extreme method because by July, everything I was eating was causing me pain...doctors...well, doctors didn't help. I've seen 3 different docs over the last 2 years, including a gastro...I feel like some doctors have given up. But I haven't! :)

Good on you man! Keep us updated on how things are going. I'm sure that in no time at all, you will be able to eat how you want to again :D

Latest posts

Back