I can't trust anyone to be real.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatOneDude

Reaction score
Everyone lies. Maybe I'm too trusting. Maybe it's too much to ask to get someone to be nice to you and understanding and not periodically treat you like honeysuckle, but if this site has taught me anything it's some people are just meant to be alone. I'm not going to elaborate, I just need a place to vent.

With so many emotionally crippled people in the world it's no surprise.
Everybody's trying to keep from getting hurt.
Some by withdrawing, and others (see replies later on in this post)
who do it with an attitude like
"fresia you, fresia the world, I don't need you to be 'nice' or 'understanding' die ******* die"
And of course for every time we encounter one of these trolls we become more jaded and cynical, and less likely to reach out to others.

SEE MY POST OF TODAY ENTITLED THE HEDGEHOG'S DILEMMA

If everyone lies then you lie too. Are you always in a good mood and treat everyone nicely all the time?

^great point

Sometimes people warrant having a finger pointed at them.
And sometimes, when we're doing the pointing, we should have a mirror in front of ourselves.

These days I find myself wanting to have a mirror in front of me while pointing vs pointing at someone else. It's important to fully acknowledge my flaws so that I can work towards changing.

You can't always change others, but you can be the best you can be.

ThatOneDude said:
Everyone lies. Maybe I'm too trusting. Maybe it's too much to ask to get someone to be nice to you and understanding and not periodically treat you like honeysuckle, but if this site has taught me anything it's some people are just meant to be alone. I'm not going to elaborate, I just need a place to vent.

Yes, I know what you mean. I had people I trusted with my life, my emotions, everything I had. And after being betrayed by them all (close family aside, but I was physically nowhere near them at the time), I have realised the painful truth, that yes, I am going to be alone. I don't always accept the truth however, and that leads me back into trying to find real friends, although my mental barriers now prevent me from getting close to anyone, it's a circle. I will admit that I want either a best friend (I have people now that if I let myself I would consider my best friend, but no way would I be theres), or, and even less likely, a loving and understanding girlfriend (the last girl I was with may as well have literally ripped my heart out and honeysuckle on it, rather than metaphorically).

As for the lying, well if everyone does it, that means I must do it. And I do. Mostly it's exagerated stories to make me seem somehow "cooler" or whatever, either mine or some of my old "friends", or it's complete bullshit. I pretty much lie to everyone everyday about how I'm feeling too, "good", yeah right. I intensely dislike myself for these lies, but I'm not that interesting, and no one likes hearing about how down someone is, someones signature here goes like "the irony is, being alone and miserable are the very things which cause people to avoid you in the first place". Well, it's true, last few groups I've been in before now ditched me when I told them that no, in fact I'm having a honeysuckle day, month, year, decade. This time around, I put the plastic smile on everytime I leave my room, and lo and behold, it's a far better situation. No one thinks I don't really like myself, got low self esteem etc, and even if I rarely get a phone call, at least it's a slight improvement on four years ago.

So I'm stuck in the middle now, actually quite lonely, but no one knows. I wish either that I could totally accept my lonliness, or open up to people and have them open to me. This halfway honeysuckle is hard to manage (I guess I do want a few close people after all?) and I don't know how long it can last, but it's slightly better than being totally empty.

end rant/drivvel

ThatOneDude said:

people arnt perfect, they screw up.
friends scew up to, dealing with that is part of a friendship.
no one said it was gonne be easy.

if you were ment to be alone you would have been made for it, therefore it would prob make you happy.
sinds your here it obviously doesnt.

maybe you need to be more carefull who you pick to be friends with.
theres a lot of people in the world you cant tell me everyone of em has treated you like honeysuckle.
unles you tryed em all out im not gonne believe you :p
were not ment to be alone.
if any one here would think so he or she wouldnt be here.

Don't give anyone your full trust until they earn it, that's what I do. I'm very careful about choosing my friends, and even the friends I have now I'm still unable to trust. I see how people look at friends as someone to be there for them, but many times they don't return that. So I trust no one until they show me that they can be trusted, and it usually has to be a few times before I will really trust them.
I don't understand why people are so afraid of honesty, but this world is full of liars and fake ******* ********.

Asked question to yourself do you TRUST yourself you will find all the answers

Latest posts

Back