I challenge you: 5 things you're grateful for

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. My mom - I couldn't have asked for a better mother. She was the best.
2. My boyfriend, for staying by my side even at my worst. I become someone that's genuine when I am around him, instead of just being a shell of a person.
3. My kitty. She's been my baby since I was six, and I am thankful for each day that she is here.
4. Good people. The ones that stop and take time to notice/talk/listen to me. There have been days they have made all the difference.
5. Art.

- My brother and my mother, both have been very supportive in times of distress
- Kung-fu! C'mon, it's awesome.
- Summers. Gotta love 'em.
- Being born into a relatively good country. To elaborate, no major crime or (hopefully) corruption, and thankfully no active violences committed by guvs on civilian populace or neighbouring nations. Nature is a bit harsh, but no tremors, hurricanes, floods (not this far inland, at least) or whatnot. Of course we got lowsy points, too, but at least I'm not out on the street freezing my bum off.
- British humour a lá Black Adder, Monty Python, Bit of Fry and Laurie, Alas Smith and Jones.

And bending the rules, here's number six:

- Art, naturally. The act of creation calms my mind, feels like I'm an achiever when a piece is finished. Also, appriciation of art around me, and in the world, have made my life better.

-looking like a normal average person
-having a place to sleep
-internet
-having emotional hurricanes from time to time
-having the opportunity to change my life

1. God--He gives me hope that things will get better, and with God, you are never alone.
2. My Mother--she is my best friend. I can talk to her about ANYTHING/EVERYTHING!
3. My Sister and Brother-in-law--they took me in when I could have been homeless.
4. Being stronger from the truly challenging times in my life.
5. This Forum, because it helps me realize that I am not the only one with problems like mine.

um lets see..
1- The interwebs
2- To have read many enlightening books
3- To be able to get a higher degree
4- To speak 2 languages
5- To have experienced love..

1. My close friends
2. My cats
3. My mother
4. My recession-proof job
5. Myself

1) Not being paraplegic
2) Not being deformed
3) Not having muscular dystrophy
4) Not being blind or deaf
5) Not missing any limbs

1.) My family
2.) my intelligence
3.) my heath
4.) my wealth, both intellectually and monetarily
5.) Having it so good in life.

Snuggling with my 4 year old daughter.
Hearing my daughter say "I love you, mommy".
The Daily Show
Sunday Farmer's market under the W/X freeway
DVR

1. My family. I couldn't have been luckier! They admit that they don't always know what's best, but we love each other very much and that's all people really need in life. My mom and I always talk and she drives me 35 miles to school each day. My brother is my best friend. My dad is an incredible man who works 3 jobs to keep me in school. I love them so much! :)
2. Going to private schools. I mean, Catholic schools can be a real pain sometimes, but my family has worked hard to give me the best education possible. I'm so lucky to go to a good school.
3. Living in a safe neighborhood.
4. My health. The more I live in this world, the more I feel lucky to be as healthy as I am.
5. Simple things in life. They're the ultimate source of joy!

1) my hearing aids - they help me to hear, without them, i wouldn't hear at all.
2) my family - my mum supports me for whatever i do
3) computer - without it, i would be bored to death. i use it for writing stories, tv and internet.
4) my dog - she makes me laugh everytime i see her
5) my friend - he cheers me up whatever mood i am in

1) my awesome folks and fam. too much love, too many awesome times.

2) my closest friend in life. I'm gonna miss you when you move, brother!

3) my car: strange sounds, shaking and all. four wheels, functioning heat and audio, A to B every day! I love you, please don't get sick and die!

4) Aikido for giving me increased confidence, a fun time with rad people, and the chance to keep pushing myself through the hard parts.

5) my post-secondary educational opportunities, and the surprising amount of Grant $$ that has made it that much easier over the years

Not being handicapped
To be alive, simply
That i have many things in life i still haven't tried, which means i have things to be excited about (something like that)
Having a patient and supporting family
To be healthy

Awesome thread!

1. My family for supporting me and loving me
2. My philosophy guru for guiding me when I am lost
3. Various book authors, who keep me company when I am alone
4. Adaptive abilities which make life a much more pleasant experience
5. Living in a fairly peaceful, secure environment

1. My brother and my mother
2. Summer
3. People worse off than me (makes me appreciate what little I have), living in a decent enough surrounding etc.
4. Music (except the bass kind)
5. Video games (let's face it, without them I'd have far too much time on my hands for philosophical thought)

1. My family, they are best thing in the whole world. :)
2. I'm healthy, I never get sick or anything.
3. I have a home.
4. I live in the country where is good to be.
5. Chocolate. xD

My home, my children, my long hair, great memories and marrying the love of my life ( even tho he passed away 2 yrs ago).

-strong efforts at being virtuous
-my inner strength
-good physical health
-my interests and desires to try things
-my living conditions
Although I wish my mother could get on her feet and stop being so financially dependent on me (which would include her moving out of my place), I'm in a safe neighborhood and I have a comfortable home that I am able to afford with the little money I make.

Latest posts

Back