I cried every day this week.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FGRcat2CN

Reaction score
I cried every day this week. This has been a stressful time and I'm still recovering from an epic, three month bout of depression. So I found some inspirational and sad songs and videos and let the waterworks flow.

So why am I posting under success stories? Because crying helped release a lot of the tensions that had been building for a long time. I had been wanting to unburden myself, I could feel that I needed to, but I couldn't do it. Until I induced tears as above. By forcing myself to confront the internal forces that prevented me from expressing my emotions, I helped rid myself of them. Not completely, but enough for me to feel better and to move on. I'm still the same person I was before, but a little less lonely and a little less inhibited.

FGRcat2CN said:
I cried every day this week. This has been a stressful time and I'm still recovering from an epic, three month bout of depression. So I found some inspirational and sad songs and videos and let the waterworks flow.

So why am I posting under success stories? Because crying helped release a lot of the tensions that had been building for a long time. I had been wanting to unburden myself, I could feel that I needed to, but I couldn't do it. Until I induced tears as above. By forcing myself to confront the internal forces that prevented me from expressing my emotions, I helped rid myself of them. Not completely, but enough for me to feel better and to move on. I'm still the same person I was before, but a little less lonely and a little less inhibited.

I am so happy to hear that you feel better.

Here is part of an article taken from; http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/crying1.htm on why emotional crying is good for you.

"The phrase "having a good cry" suggests that crying can actually make you feel physically and emotionally better, which many people believe. Some scientists agree with this theory, asserting that chemicals build up in the body during times of elevated stress. These researchers believe that emotional crying is the body's way of ridding itself of these toxins and waste products.

In fact, one study collected both reflex tears and emotional tears (after peeling an onion and watching a sad movie, respectively). When scientists analyzed the content of the tears, they found each type was very different. Reflex tears are generally found to be about 98 percent water, whereas several chemicals are commonly present in emotional tears [Source: The Daily Journal. First is a protein called prolactin, which is also known to control breast milk production. Adrenocorticotropic hormones are also common and indicate high stress levels. The other chemical found in emotional tears is leucine-enkephalin, an endorphin that reduces pain and works to improve mood. Of course, many scientists point out that research in this area is very limited and should be further studied before any conclusion can be made."

Latest posts

Back