I don't think the loneliest person on earth would join here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
differentlonelygirl said:
I live with a disease, pretty much, and am one of two people this way. You and others don't understand me... Or even atleast try to understand the topic so I'm not bothering.

One of two people with your disease. Hmm. I have something that is quite rare myself. I think I know of perhaps 2 others in the world with it.

But, you're new here so you wouldn't know that about me.

differentlonelygirl, maybe sometime when you feel comfortable you can explain what it like to be you. You say that noone would ever understand and you don't want to even bother trying to make us understand.

You can help us understand your point of view, in your own time, when you are ready, and I think you'll find that people here are very responsive, kind and understanding. I know a few people who live with rare conditions and we are all very supportive..escpecially here on ALL.

If you ever do want to share, or talk to someone..even privately, I am 100% sure that anyone you reached out to would be kind and comforting.

take care and I do hope you find some happiness from ALL.

Despicable Me said:
differentlonelygirl said:
Mine is like that too.. But I don't know you so I can't even begin to believe someone relates to me
You think I'm lying then? That's fine. I'm used to that. To be honest, I can't really believe you entirely either.

I surely don't know in what way you are "different" and perhaps I can't relate to your specific circumstances but I do know what it's like to be generally different.

I genuinely seem to think differently than everyone else. Everyone else so preoccupied with personal problems, capitalist-politics, religion, TV shows, celebrities, cars, money, etc. Why do people even care about these things!? There are bigger problems in the world and I'm the only one who even seems to notice them or actually care. So talking to people seems to be pointless. They talk about these silly meaningless things. They want to chit-chat their lives away, as if those things really made them happy. But I see through people so easily, they carry on with fake-smiles while rotting away inside. Not because of the bigger problems in the world but because they seem genuinely lost in this world of lostness, and I seem to be the only person who sees a clear path, but everyone avoids it and doesn't listen or understand... Even the people who supposedly share some similar interests don't get me. So what's the point? And that's just the top of the iceberg, as they say.
Basically I feel like I'm a foreigner to the world, an alien. I have so little in common with every other human being I've ever met that it is almost frightening that I even exist.

Though I certainly don't hate people, nor do I not understand why they do what they do. It just seems that I was born 'different'. It's hard to put into words.
However, no matter how I feel about other people they tend to dislike or hate me if they know me. So everyday I put on a 'mask'. No one really knows who I really am and I don't think anyone actually wants to know.

Is that how you feel? Maybe you're right that we don't relate... That would be nothing new for me.

And I apologize if anyone reads that as I think anyone is 'dumb' or whatever. If that's how you read it then go ahead, it's not the first time someone would misunderstand everything I say.
Who is under that mask Despicable Me?

Coolio said:
When I think of the loneliest person in the world the image of some monk high up in some Tibet monastery where they aren't allowed to talk. Or some man survived from a plane crash and has been alone on a deserted island for the last ten years... In any case the loneliest person on earth is somewhere secluded and therefore has no internet access. So in that case, I think you're right!

I think this guy had everyone beat for a while. Not one person for thousands of miles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_(astronaut)

Edited for: Yeah post the link doofus

Latest posts

Back