I don't want to be alone today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grundel70

Reaction score
I am feeling exceptionally lonely today. This sadness is consuming me. I try to be positive, I try so very hard. I try to have a smile for everyone, try to offer a hand, a kind word, etc... But today I just can't seem to find it. My heart is so heavy, I can barely lift it. It drags me down, deeper and deeper.

Oh how I wish that someone was thinking of me, that someone was missing me. How I long for human contact right now. Not the contact like I have here at work or out at the gym...but meaningful contact. A hug. Maybe just some words or gestures to show that I mean something to someone.

I just want to see some sunlight for a change. Feel its warmth, even if it was for only a little while. I would like for someone to smile back at me when I go to the gym tonight or for a run...instead of avoiding or ignoring me.

I hope this passes soon. I want to find my smile again...I am afraid I may have lost it forever...

Grundel, if You try to look at Yourself from another person's point of view, how willing does that person seem to want to hug You? I'm just trying to tell You that when we're as down as You are we elude so much that we don't think we do. People doesn't give You a hug because they dislike You or anything like that, but because i think they that they think that You're already a happy guy already in a relationship. When i think of a seemingly happy guy pushing at a gym, i don't for one second believe that this guy would need a hug from me. I've been right where You are, pretending to be happy infront of everyone else, and i know how much it sucks. Perhaps it's time You started evolving that happiness into something more "advanced", so that You somehow also would make Yourself seem like a guy open for what You want.

I know it doesn't mean much, but i really feel for You, which means that i think of You. Where do You live Grundel? Howcome i haven't seen You in the chat-rooms?

I hope it passes soon also. Those times are nasty :(

I know this feeling. It sucks. It seems so simple for other people to show affection for eachother, but for me, no one seem to bother. Either they see how sad I am on the inside and are too afraid to get near me, or they actually believe that I am filled with so much happiness that I don't need it. What I wouldn't give to cry out on someones shoulder right now :(

I hope someone will smile back at you Grundel

Thank you all for showing your support, and thank you all for allowing me to post this. A good friend reached out and talked to me tonight. They were able to put a smile on my face. :)

I realized that we often think that 'nobody' likes us, that we will 'always' feel this way, that we have 'no' friends at all. I was feeling that way earlier, and I am happy to say that I was proven wrong.

I would like to return the favor, to 'pay it forward' if you will. Some of you mentioned that you feel the same way I felt earlier. I would love to do whatever I could to help any of you feel better.

Thank you all. I truly beleive that we are indeed and answer to each other's prayers.

grundel70 said:
I am feeling exceptionally lonely today. This sadness is consuming me. I try to be positive, I try so very hard. I try to have a smile for everyone, try to offer a hand, a kind word, etc... But today I just can't seem to find it. My heart is so heavy,

Oh how I wish that someone was thinking of me, that someone was missing me. How I long for human contact right now. Not the contact like I have here at work or out at the gym...but meaningful contact. A hug. Maybe just some words or gestures to show that I mean something to someone.

The above quoted text is really spot on for me.

You are not alone in these thoughts

Sometimes when we ask, we get what we want. I posted how sad I was, and in return I discovered that,

1. I was thought of and cared for
2. That sometimes when we are down we have to ask for help
3. I made a wonderful new friend.

I'm so happy you feel better grundel! You know if you need to talk to anybody, just pm me.

Latest posts

Back