I Dread The Weekend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean,in particular Saturday Nights in the summer time,it feels like everyone is out or somewhere at least having a good time with friends or someone they love.It makes the loneliness so much more intense.

You're right. It's hard. I can enjoy the day time with my daughter, but once I put her to bed, that's it. No adult conversation; just me, the tv, or my book.

I dread the weekends too. For me they usually pass so slowly. Most of the time I don't see anyone except for the strangers I pass outside or in the stores or what not. It makes it worse seeing couples and friends hanging out.

The worst about the weekend is Monday. Most usually return to work or in conversation with others. They all ask, "How was your weekend? What all did you do" you tell them nothing, just stayed home. To which the reply is almost always "oh how nice, just a nice two day to just yourself” yeah right whatever, go play with your friends.  Want a some salt so you can rub it in?

I, conversely, like weekends. My husband is home from work and will take care of our child, so I can be alone. I guess I don't do much but read, watch TV, play on the Internet, and goof around. What a loser!

i also hate weekends; so much time spent alone, not being creative. maybe i lack discipline or something. sometimes i fake not being home, so my neighbours think i have a social life. hahaha, it's not enough to be lonely; i have to act like i'm not there! :p

husky said:
i also hate weekends; so much time spent alone, not being creative. maybe i lack discipline or something. sometimes i fake not being home, so my neighbours think i have a social life. hahaha, it's not enough to be lonely; i have to act like i'm not there! :p

Husky, don't worry about the neighbours.

What's your ASL?

Who gives a hang what they think--and if they have time to sit around wondering what you're up to, they're pretty pathetic, really.

i find reading, watching tv (man v wild) discovery channel, playing with my dog and surfing the internet a fullfill weekend for the most part. sometimes i take myself out to eat and/or during the day work in the flower garden. working outdoors is very theraputic.

the one thing i dont do is concern myself with what my neighbors are doing or what they think im doing.

well, one of my neighbours is a friend of a co-worker who's familiar with a social group that i'm working on. also, my landlord lives below and since i've just moved in and showed him how nice and normal i am, i don't want him to think i'm some kind of social outcast. they're really great people. i expect too much of myself, me thinks.

Husky,

If your neighbors are not just nosy old biddies, then I guess it's a bit different.

Why don't you go wild one day and invite the co worker out for lunch or dinner or something? Give them at least a day or two's notice.

Perhaps that person could become a friend and activity partner.

PS Staying home does not make one wierd. If you were going out at all hours or having nosy parties, that would get the attention of your landlord.

Zina said:
i find reading, watching tv (man v wild) discovery channel, playing with my dog and surfing the internet a fullfill weekend for the most part. sometimes i take myself out to eat and/or during the day work in the flower garden. working outdoors is very theraputic.

the one thing i dont do is concern myself with what my neighbors are doing or what they think im doing.

Zina I love Man vs Wild too.  I make sure I'm home on Fridays nights in time to watch it.  I love the Discovery channel.

My neighbours probably think I'm a hermit, cause I hardly ever go out. But really I couldn't care less, I hate my neighbours and wish that they would sell up and move on!!

heh, i don't mind my neighbours anymore... but the ladies across the back yard won't stop peeking into my kitchen. it's been a tough weekend, but when i was doing chores and running errands, i was feeling okay. i haven't reach my friends today or they couldn't reach me so i was very angry.. then i started lifting weights and felt better. you should buy a set of dumbells.

I'm glad it's not just me then!

I too hate the weekends. Trying to think of various ways to fill it. So I can tell other people I actually "did" something at the weekend. I'm starting to wonder if I only do things to keep everyone else happy.

But the truth is I don't want to stay in or go out. Just feel stuck whatever I do. Just can't seem to find happiness.

I'm stuck too. I only find happiness at work from Monday to Friday. I have tried clubs and found that I was just getting too drunk and risked a DUI. I had a friend who was constantly bugging me to go out on weekends, but I came to notice that he just wanted to use my car and my wallet. I tried strip clubs, nothing worked either...just vultures. Last weekend I joined a salsa lesson, and still I'm not thrilled about it. Ironically, when I'm overseas I tend to be outgoing, sociable person. I can't digit. Wicked.

delledonne11 said:
Go enjoy nature. It never turns its back on you.

This one really works for me too! I actually like being alone a lot of the time, but one day when I was feeling really lonely I took myself off for the longest walk in the countryside. Suddenly I felt like the luckiest person alive. It's a spiritual thing for me, I feel really connected to nature. (oh and I didn't feel like going before I started out, but made myself go)

Latest posts

Back