I fear my life will never begin..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

ExtensivexLDL

Figuratively speaking of course.

Every single day there is work that must be done. There is never enough time to catch up and no matter how well I try to plan out each of my tasks, I never finish any single one of them in the time that I alloted myself to complete it. In regards to the title of this thread, I'm speaking of course not only in terms of getting a girlfriend (or one lousy date for now at least) but also generally in regards to all social aspects of my life. I have wasted four DEFINATE years of my life while I was in high school due to being such a loser and I fear that the same will happen during these remaining years in university but for a different reason. Then.. there's nothing left but the workplace where socializing becomes stifling. If I've (at least) been on a single date by then, that'd be a better but still.. I'm not really sure what to do about any this. I just want to experience that feeling where I'm FULLY AWARE that I've completed all there is to complete and I can relax, call up my friends, etc.. I don't know.. And off course the workload won't decrease in the higher years and in fact will go to the contrary..

Anyway.. all the times that Im at my campus I see all these people walking in groups everyone.. Loads of people on their cellphones.. They've got pretty good social lives and I'm just stuck in my mouintain of work as usual.. I don't really have friends I can meet up with there and I've been counting on choosing a couple of clubs to join but since there are over 400 clubs there, the whole process of picking some out is proving to be quite long..

I just want time to slow down..

I feel like this sometimes too. I just take things day by day. Eventually, everything will work out... Everything will fall into place.

VanillaCreme said:
I feel like this sometimes too. I just take things day by day. Eventually, everything will work out... Everything will fall into place.

Or so they say..

Make the time for yourself. Take a time out.
Stop and smell the roses. Take a vacation.
You'll be more productive if you do.
You'll be well rested with a zest of energy...fully charge instead of running on low energy.
You might be really busy...but are you productive ?
If you're well rested you'll be more efficient and get the same amount of work done is less time.
Maybe you'll get creative and learn how to multi-task..but you must also learn how to step away.

You must allow yourself to go play and rest.

All work and no play sucks ass.
Money can't buy love...love without money sucks ass too.
Keeping a balance is difficult for most of us.

We are humans...not robots.
Even robots or machines needs down time for repairs and maintenence. If we run a machine full throttle all the time..
it too will break down.

Letting go...is difficult...perhapse we can't let go all at
once or all of it ...but maybe a little bit at a time.

As you said...the mountain of work is going to be there as usual..
So take some time out. Or deligate your work..This of course
will require for you to Let Go...

These are the type of fears that might be driving you.
Fear of losing control...
Fear of not being good enough
Fear of failing.

Fear of rejections.....this type of fear might be what's stopping you from making changes
or working on your liabilites.

it is up to you to identify how you react to these fears and how they effect you and keep you in a rut.
Busy...but still in a rut.

Never the less living in fears....sucks ass.

Let go...simple but not easy. Changes is hard for everyone.
There's certain things in my life that i can't change...
At the same time...my life change when I make that change.
I have a chioce...the chioce is always mine to make.
This is being responsible at the core at gut level.
Loving myself and taking care of myself.

Man can not live on bread alone...
Try to strike a balance between, work, love, play and faith/warship/spirituality.

It dosn't matter how you get to the beach...either on a huffy or a Beammer...
when you step your feet on the sand and waves...it dosn't really matter how fancy your ride is...is it ?

You can have a hawt babe that's like the girl next door or a high maintenance girl...
It dosn't really matter when they're naked, dose it?.:p

Lonesome Crow said:
Make the time for yourself. Take a time out.
Stop and smell the roses. Take a vacation.
You'll be more productive if you do.
You'll be well rested with a zest of energy...fully charge instead of running on low energy.
You might be really busy...but are you productive ?
If you're well rested you'll be more efficient and get the same amount of work done is less time.
Maybe you'll get creative and learn how to multi-task..but you must also learn how to step away.

You must allow yourself to go play and rest.

Which is what I do from time to time but not in your 'typical' way. Not in the call-up-my-friends sort of way since organizing something with them is always a hassle and there's not much time for it anyway. I have a friend who lives right across the street and I go to his house sometimes but that's about the only thing I do in terms of true relaxing-in-the-company-of-someone-else-besides-your-parents-and-their-parents sort of thing. I'm not overwelmed in the 'fullest' sense, just that I don't have an appropriate social life to counteract all the times when I'm busy. Likewise, not much time for an actual vacation.. I can't afford to fall behind on any of the material..plus who I would I go with..my family again? psshh.

Lonesome Crow said:
...love without money sucks ass too.

Ha ha ha ha.. HA.

Lonesome Crow said:
These are the type of fears that might be driving you.
Fear of losing control...
Fear of not being good enough
Fear of failing.

The latter two for sure.

Lonesome Crow said:
Fear of rejections.....this type of fear might be what's stopping you from making changes
or working on your liabilites.

Social rejections? I'm not much worked-up about those on any day..
Romantic rejections? A big LOL with no one to ask out..

Lonesome Crow said:
it is up to you to identify how you react to these fears and how they effect you and keep you in a rut.
Busy...but still in a rut.

I usually react by shaking my head with my hand from time to time, whenever I'm distracted, in reminding myself that If I don't pull up my average to at least a 1.50 by May, I'll be facing academic probation and be probably blocked from selecting courses for next year.

Lonesome Crow said:
Man can not live on bread alone...
Try to strike a balance between, work, love, play and faith/warship/spirituality.

Haha, well the second and the last don't apply to me. The last because I'm as unpious as one could be and the second.. yeah.

Lonesome Crow said:
You can have a hawt babe that's like the girl next door or a high maintenance girl...
It dosn't really matter when they're naked, dose it?.:p

Nope. Particularly in the case when they never will be i.e my case.

Humm...you sound like you have a case of college blues. As for the gf stuff....there is no point in rushing for romance. Just let it be. I mean if romance wants to come your way, nothing can stop it. As for groups of friends, joining clubs would be nice. You can start with clubs that interest you. Just follow your heart.

SadRabbit said:
I mean if romance wants to come your way, nothing can stop it.

So you believe in that fate honeysuckle..Not that that's wrong or anything.

Romance has to start with me I understand. The problem? I don't personally meet a lot of girls in my day-to-day life and the ones that I do meet or otherwise see around campus, I'm not really attracted to so I don't approach them.

This is kind of a catch 22 thing..

Latest posts

Back