I feel a lot better since I stopped trying to find friends and please people...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

It's been...4 weeks now?
That I've actually felt okay.
I almost feel at peace with myself, but I'm not quite there yet.
Admittedly, my heart feels restless at times, but I've been better than I have for as long as I can remember.

I've stopped trying to meet the unrealistic expectations of others.
It's far too time-consuming and causes one to many heartaches to try to please everyone.
Or not even everyone - but one person.
I fought so hard to be noticed.

That kid sitting in the back of the classroom; waving her arm left to right in the air, desperately hoping that the teacher will finally choose her today...that is me.

I felt that I tried and tried my best to connect with others but to no success.
I tried to stand out or maybe I tried to share pure kindness with another.
Show them that I could be and am all of this...all to no success.

Anger is far more productive than sadness.
I'm going to do my best that I can for myself and show them all up.
Prove to the entire universe that this stubborn insignificant speck is worth something after all.

My sweetest revenge will be to have the people who simply walked by me, admire me in 10, 20, 30 etc. years.
To think to themselves "Wow...look at what I missed out on..."
But maybe they won't think that...maybe they won't care.
But all in all, I want to be proud of myself.

I'm not going to try to seek friendship.
You can't find something that isn't there to begin with.
If it does come my way, then perhaps I may welcome it.

Friends don't stay with you for life; family don't stay with you for life.
No one does.
The only person you truly have is yourself.

Luna said:
But maybe they won't think that...maybe they won't care.
But all in all, I want to be proud of myself.

I guss that they wont care ether way. And why should they?
I only care about the ppl that I care for. who gives a fresia if someone I know for only a breath moment in time did well for them self or not did well.

Like you say you should do well for yourself for yourself and nothing moor.

Luna said:
I'm not going to try to seek friendship.
You can't find something that isn't there to begin with.
If it does come my way, then perhaps I may welcome it.

Sometimes when you make a real effort to make friends after a bit can drain you.
I am there at that place right now. To start with you get real motivated then ppl start being ppl and things happen and things get said then it makes you wont to give up and like you are now start thinking maybe am just better of with no one in the world.
You seem like me in that you are moor then capably in looking after yourself. But to have ppl to share your life with can be moor fun.
You just have to find the right ppl that's all.
Don't give up on finding friendship or maybe moor. Just tell yourself that you well not try so much at this time as you do need a mental break from it sometimes.

Ermm It seems here actually that am giving myself advice moor then you.
Well its helping me a bit to put all this here so there :p I hope it helps you some as well.

Luna said:
Friends don't stay with you for life; family don't stay with you for life.
No one does.
The only person you truly have is yourself.

Am sorry to say but I feel the same way.
I do try to be positive but I guss this is how I feel as well.

Anyway *HUGS* You look like ye needs um and I know I do right now.

[img=300x200]http://images.free-extras.com/pics/h/hugs-1448.gif[/img]

I think friendships and relationships shouldn't be sought after. They should just come to you and just happen. The best friendships are the ones that I never expected to have. It's just too much stress to try and live up to what people expect you to be. Too much caring and too much stress.

VanillaCreme said:
I think friendships and relationships shouldn't be sought after. They should just come to you and just happen. The best friendships are the ones that I never expected to have. It's just too much stress to try and live up to what people expect you to be. Too much caring and too much stress.
I definitely agree with this. Seeking friendships just doesn't seem like something that will work very well. When I think of the friends I've had over the years, most of them just happened. I even ended up becoming friends with people I didn't get along with much at first. It just happens and I think letting it happen naturally is the best thing.

VanillaCreme said:
The best friendships are the ones that I never expected to have. It's just too much stress to try and live up to what people expect you to be. Too much caring and too much stress.

I suppose I agree with this also, from experience. It makes sense if you think about it...if you make a friend in your day to day life, it's because you share a hobby, interest, or (part of) a routine (like working together or visiting the same bookstore every Saturday).

One of my best friends, someone I'd die with before abandoning if the situation came to that, initially didn't like me at all because his wife would talk to me a lot and he's kind of a jealous sort. When I was new to the department I had the impression he hated my guts.

Now we're like peanut butter and jelly. It just kind of happened.

It's good that you're not stressing over it anymore, Luna, because you'll be happier for it. But don't reject the idea of having a friend or more if the opportunity presents itself. Everything is temporary, but we might as well enjoy our shot at it. And it is possible to do so.

VanillaCreme said:
I'm a first to disagree then.

About friendships, anyway. Maybe those that just happen might be better, but then again, some are better than none. I can only remember 2 "friendships" that just happened... nothing special even. For one of them I'm not even sure whether to call him a (ex-)friend or not.

Whereas all other friendships I've had were sough after from my side. And let me tell you, I might have as well gone mad and do something stupid to myself if I didn't go and search some...

Oh well. Good luck Luna! Go show'em! :p It's good not to bother yourself too much. And be proud, there's every reason you should be. :)

Welcome to Soph-land Luna. I used to care SO MUCH about my friends. Now I dont care about making friends much anymore. People are nice to talk to but as you say, I have recognized the transitory nature of such things and have focused myself elsewhere (at least for the moment).

Literally this week stopped caring. And I feel MUCH better. I just don't care what people think anymore. I know who I am, I'm happy with that and if people can't get it then tough honeysuckle. Move along.

Latest posts

Back