I feel like a real ******* today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratboy

Reaction score
So basically I've been living vicariously through a certain internet message board.

Well some lady finally called me out for being on there day and night, saying I was a loser with no life. I'd love to refute her, but she's completely right :( I'm 20 years old and my life is as vapid as can be, and I've been living like this for 5 years straight. I'd love to get out of here, but it's hard for me :(

I dunno, I just needed to tell someone. My life is messed and I'm all alone :(

If it's any consolation to you, I'm almost 23 and still haven't figured out how to turn this **** "life" switch on... I've been living like that for past, well, almost 23 years! Did you ask her what is, by her opinion, that famous LIFE? What? You're ought to have a wife, a pack of kids, a well paid job and a mistress just to satisfy her list of priorities? Yeah, right... Look, I'm often told that I have no life whatsoever. I never had anyone to love and to be loved by, I don't go out coz I hate crowds and I don't feel comfortable doing all those things "young people like to do"... And yes, I feel like you feel almost all the time but in the same time I'm aware that "life" can be found in other things. I like to lift weights when I'm feeling down and low on self esteem. Mentally, it makes me feel like the prettiest god damned creature on the planet, yet physically I'm still 105 kilos of blubber and skin!

Don't get me wrong, this is not an attack on you, quite the contrary... I won't say that I know EXACTLY how you feel but I have a pretty good idea... Just wanted to tell you that "finding a life" is an empty phrase, made by those whose perfect little lives have become too boring so they have to find another way to entertain themselves... But those people seldom remember they once had to struggle to find that bloody life themselves! Very ungrateful, if you ask me...

So, next time she tells you something like that, ask her what's SHE doing on that very message board! :D

F**k it. Most normal people are online for hours and hours these days. I wouldn't worry about it too much :)

ratboy said:
So basically I've been living vicariously through a certain internet message board.

Well some lady finally called me out for being on there day and night, saying I was a loser with no life. I'd love to refute her, but she's completely right :( I'm 20 years old and my life is as vapid as can be, and I've been living like this for 5 years straight. I'd love to get out of here, but it's hard for me :(

I dunno, I just needed to tell someone. My life is messed and I'm all alone :(
Well she ain't go no right to put you down like that..Ask her if she wants to go out with you,if not tell her not to be such a *****! Man some people are just insensitive shallow douchebags!
Im 39 dude and have lived by myself for 19 years.It ******* sucks but at least I can say I've stuck to what I believe in...Some Greek men wait 'till their in the forties before they pair up with someone..I'm older and wiser now (just about) and have put all my idiot days behind me so I feel I'm ready..I just gonna learn that word 'compromise' ;)
Hold your head up and ignore the 'get a lifers' Arrrrrrrrgggh some people suck so bad!!!
Hope you find some happiness!

Thanks for the kind words. I think I'm on my way back to feeling normal again. Reality setting in sucks. I was depressed for years but had forgotten that feeling :(

At least I know I've grown as a human being. If I felt like this a year ago, I"d for sure be having some very dark thoughts right now.

when i was 20 i took a pill overdose...that dark sinking feeling completely took me over..but as i recovered my inner survial light came on and things got much better..at least now if those feelings creep in i can recognise them and do something about it..back then i knew nothing of depression,anxiety and all the negative stuff floating around,my head didn't know diddley honeysuckle what was going on..but now bring it on!! It's my mind and it's up to me what goes on!
Your only 20 bro and there's plenty of lonely women out there who feel exactly the way you do..Hang tough! You can only get stronger!!!

yea im the same way and im 28, been like this since high school. i just cant find a place, i kind of dont feel like i have one and even if i do i have no idea how or where to start looking.

The sad thing is I wasn't even known or particularly liked there. It's the only message board for a certain obssessive habit I have (a tv show, sort of).

It seems like I'm always going where I'm not liked and then trying to convince people to like me. That was high school for me. I realize that the internet isn't serious business, and now I'm embarrassed I got caught up in it.

BTW, it's 3:28 am. Totally proving this *****'s point :)

ratboy said:
The sad thing is I wasn't even known or particularly liked there. It's the only message board for a certain obssessive habit I have (a tv show, sort of).

It seems like I'm always going where I'm not liked and then trying to convince people to like me. That was high school for me. I realize that the internet isn't serious business, and now I'm embarrassed I got caught up in it.

BTW, it's 3:28 am. Totally proving this *****'s point :)
well i came on here to get feedback from folks who are experiencing the same kind of thing and i think it's healthy to share thoughts and ideas..of cousre no one can truly know what you are going through..
I was a bit strong earlier calling her a ***** maybe she's just looking out for you and wanted to give you a jolt..but there are better ways of saying things..
but hey man what the fresia do i know right? All i can try to say is encouraging things like people have expressed to me here..but when you get down to it it's all up to you!
I hope you find a break..

Being naturally introverted doesn't mean you have no life, despite what other people say.

It should be all about whatever makes you happy, as long as it isn't to the suffering of others.

Haz said:
Being naturally introverted doesn't mean you have no life, despite what other people say.

It should be all about whatever makes you happy, as long as it isn't to the suffering of others.

Exactly, also if your introverted u cant become 'extraverted' and hang out with alot of ppl because you simply wont like it. I speak from experience.:p

But why feel like an *******? You are not an ******* just because you hang out in your room all day.
I'm an *******, i hear it everyday and i know i am, but not because i hang out in my room all day.:D

My life's been on hold for almost a decade. I'm just now starting to really live again. It's hard, needing an escape from a less than thrilling reality, but not using that escape to the point that you just end up numb. You realize what's going on, that's a first step.

Latest posts

Back